[WOW API] Usage for "COMBAT_LOG_UNFILTERED"

Hi there, I'm trying to figure out how to use the "COMBAT_LOG_UNFILTERED" event in order to track when certain spells are cast. For some reason the example on WoWwikki isn't working at all, so I can't really see how it all works.

Any assistance would most certainly be appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account
    im assuming that you want to track "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS" event, arguments for that are:
    timestamp,event,hideCaster,sourceGUID,sourceName,sourceFlags,sourceRaidFlags,destGUID,dest Name,destFlags,destRaidFlags,spellId,spellName,spellSchool
    arguments you will most likely need: event(in this case "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS"), sourceName (caster), destName(target) and spellId or spellName
    Last edited by Ironi; 2013-11-08 at 03:20 AM.

First, don't use wowwiki. use wowpedia.org and wowprogramming.com.

Here is the resource: http://wowpedia.org/COMBAT_LOG_EVENT

Make sure you actually have the correct name (COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED, which is not what you typed in your OP) and if you're pulling arguments from an event handler you're accounting for the self and event parameters.

Apologies for the misspelling in the OP, and thank you for the wowpedia suggestion.

I think between before suggestions that'll get me going. Again thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Apologies for the misspelling in the OP
    I understood exactly what you meant, just was pointing out that it should be correct in your code. I've had plenty of frustration debugging my own stuff where I left out a word or used the wrong tense in an event name and spent way too much time before I realized why the event was never being caught by my handler.

Deleted
    Look at /eventtrace results when you're in a out-of-the-way place (so there's no clutter from other players doing things).