Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Travis Fimmel - will he be the Arthas in the Warcraft movie?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=110673

Using 3d matrixes and Fukusami derivatives I transposed the actor's face over Arthas picture (I know, the results are staggering):

Here's an idea of his acting (it has HD):

I really doubt this movie is going to be about Arthas, so no.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    I really doubt this movie is going to be about Arthas, so no.
    Didn't they say the movie would revolve around Arthas' story?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Didn't they say the movie would revolve around Arthas' story?
    I thought it was first and second wars?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I thought it was first and second wars?
    This is what i've read.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    This is what i've read.
    That script got scrapped because it would be too similar to LoTR. The movie is now going to revolve around the WC3 story. Which means Arthas, Illidan, etc will be in it. Or atleast that's what I've read.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2013-10-27 at 04:07 PM.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Deleted
    Unless Arthas is to be shown with just a single facial expression, I don't think he's a good choice.

Michael Fassbender for Arthas
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

If they are looking for some sort of a human warrior character, then the guy does fit the profile. He has that restrained intensity. Essentially he is a perfect for on-liners and lots of killing.

Apparently they are also in talks with Colin Farrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post
    That script got scrapped because it would be too similar to LoTR. The movie is now going to revolve around the WC3 story. Which means Arthas, Illidan, etc will be in it. Or atleast that's what I've read.
    Arthas: The Lich King touched on alot of other aspects and storylines of other characters around that time, such as Illidan.
    I really do hope they decided to make it a Movie about Arthas. If they follow the novel, it would work out great. The book was amazing.
    If anything, it would be more similar to Star Wars, the struggle of a young boy to fight evil, but ends up becoming the very thing he fought to destory, all because of the dire need of Power to fight what he eventualy will become.
    A classic plot twist that can be done well if pulled off right.
    Last edited by Decisive The Hallowed; 2013-10-29 at 03:49 AM.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said in the other thread about this:

This actor sucks balls. He cannot act worth a shit.

Always smirking and failing to hold back his laughter...not being able to take his role seriously.

If he is really the guy they are casting I am about as disappointed as Ben Affleck being Batman.

The story of Arthas Menethil? Considering the brief cinematic scenes of arthas: Killing his father, ascending the frozen throne, the LK intro all gave me goose bumps I think the entirety of his story as long as they don't spare any expense on the story or cut anything out it would be fantastic. if it ENDS at the ascension of the frozen throne or hyjal would be anticlimatic. Too many loose threads and personally the entirety of his story would fit best as a trilogy.

#1 Childhood arthas during 1st/2nd war, his training as a paladin, and end the first movie with him slaying Mal'ganis and going mad from whispers.
    #2 Opens with Arthas murdering his father with farwyn and maryon, goes through him razing Quel'Thalas, Dalaran, Capital city / countryside. Story could end with the culmination of the Battle for mount hyjal.

I'd keep going but to me at this point it's clear Arthas has more then enough going on in his story to go through atleast 4-5 movies forget a Trilogy unless it's just absurdly long.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Like I said in the other thread about this:

This actor sucks balls. He cannot act worth a shit.

Always smirking and failing to hold back his laughter...not being able to take his role seriously.

If he is really the guy they are casting I am about as disappointed as Ben Affleck being Batman.
    Never heard or seen this guy act before, but based off the clip above, it looked like that's how his character is supposed to be. Immediately watched some other stuff with this guy and he never smirked or looked like he was about to laugh at all. Didn't seem like he was that bad of an actor, but he's not amazing by any stretch either.

It's all about being given the chance though. A lot of actors get that, seize that opportunity and have a break out performance. Look at Heath Ledger. Everyone bashed him beyond belief when he was picked as the lead role for The Joker, saying he was a terrible choice, the he would never be able to pull it off. Look what ended up happening. He literally stole the show. Without him, the movie was very bland and very sub par.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2013-10-29 at 04:05 AM.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    Never heard or seen this guy act before, but based off the clip above, it looked like that's how his character is supposed to be. Immediately watched some other stuff with this guy and he never smirked or looked like he was about to laugh at all. Didn't seem like he was that bad of an actor, but he's not amazing by any stretch either.

It's all about being given the chance though. A lot of actors get that, seize that opportunity and have a break out performance. Look at Heath Ledger. Everyone bashed him beyond belief when he was picked as the lead role for The Joker, saying he was a terrible choice, the he would never be able to pull it off. Look what ended up happening. He literally stole the show. Without him, the movie was very bland and very sub par.
    Watch the whole Viking series. I did, and was disappointed with this guy. He seemed good at first but episode after episode it became clear how amateurish he is. You can't really base it off one clip as no one is 100% bad, and he did have his moments.

He needs to cut his chops on lower end stuff before being given a role in something as epic as a Warcraft movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't be an Arthas story

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Watch the whole Viking series. I did, and was disappointed with this guy. He seemed good at first but episode after episode it became clear how amateurish he is. You can't really base it off one clip as no one is 100% bad, and he did have his moments.

He needs to cut his chops on lower end stuff before being given a role in something as epic as a Warcraft movie.
    I disagree, he played the character very well. So he's either a good actor, or was just PERFECT for the role.

10+ Year Old Account
    do we really need 3 threads about the same development on the movie?

Would be nice to have ONE mega thread about it.. Hence why I'd like to request for a Mod to accomplish that and merge all movie sub threads into one. And I'm sure we have a thread that's titled Warcraft (the Movie)
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    This movie has been flopping around, languishing like a dead fish for so many years.

The truth is this. It's going to be terrible and a flop unless a few things are true:

1. The effects have to be on par with recent big budget fantasy movies. LoTR set the bar, and the Marvel movies among others have continued to prove that the superhero/fantasy genre has grown up. Anything less good visually will be seen as a B trash movie. That means they have to spend $$$$ and hire one of the handful of good effects studios.

2. The script has to not suck. Many movie scripts DO suck, so it will be interesting to see if they manage it. Arguably the best actors in Hollywood are the ones who can deliver horribly written lines and still make it look like something worthwhile. They need skilled scriptwriting talent on par with the Avengers if they want a blockbuster, and I doubt Joss Whedon would take their phone calls. Okay well he seems like a nice person, he'd probably take the call, but say he's too busy.

3. If they are using characters we all know well - they have to hire good acting talent. I only saw two episodes of Vikings so I have no comment on this particular guy's range or talent level. I also can't imagine who Paula Patton might be playing. But most of us have really strong and clear ideas of who our faction leaders are and what they look like. An actor mismatch is going to cause a lot of problems (remember the huge outcry over Tyrande's voice acting? She and Mal grew up together, his voice was vaguely Western European but she sounded like Aggra raised by Eastern European gypsies. ;/ That was such a travesty for that character.)

Interestingly, a lot rides on this. They are better off not making a movie at all unless they are going to do it right. A crappy one will just be a bunch of nails in the game's coffin.
    Last edited by goblingirl; 2013-10-29 at 01:02 PM.

Deleted
    I kind of hope that the movie isn't about Arthas. It's no doubt a great story, but it's already got a book, an RTS and two expansions. Do we really need a film? It also requires a fair amount of lore knowledge to actually make sense of, especially regarding who Ner'zhul is.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing Paula Patton will be A more Exotic race, one that will be given a lot of facepaint/colouration.

Mostly since there are no Main Black Human Females in the WC3 storyline and it would be pointless for her to be given a minor role since she seems to be one of the more "known" people announced so far.

Also I know he hasn't even been announced.

But any guesses on who Sean Bean will play?

I say Terenas!