Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    Are you people still going to play that card until WoW has 100k subs left? "IT'S STILL HERE!! SHOCK!!"
    You know I think that having like 10 times the subscribers of your average MMO is a pretty damn good, so I'd say that that argument works fine at the moment thanks very much.

Deleted
    Are you people still going to play that card until WoW has 100k subs left? "IT'S STILL HERE!! SHOCK!!"
    World of Warcraft's subscriber numbers peaked around 12 million back in late 2010 and early 2011... TBC ended in 2008

Deleted
    I think one change would be enough to bring back many people: level scaling. Being able to raid MC or BT again would bring me back at least.

Some good ideas, people who hate are the people who are killing WoW atm.

Deleted
    Yes becaus even with 100k subscribers wow would still make proffit.
    100.000 x 15$ / month = 1.5 $ mil in 1 month, thats how much.. 18 mil $ / year?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Some good ideas, people who hate are the people who are killing WoW atm.
    Those millions paying huh?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    World of Warcraft's subscriber numbers peaked around 12 million back in late 2010 and early 2011... TBC ended in 2008
    Hello mr. bullshit, have a look at this chart:

http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...rs-by-quarter/

TBC ending with 11-11.5 mil subs. And great ol Wrath adding HUGE 0.5 mil at it's peak. So yeah people tend to forget peak of WoW was actually during TBC when game was continously gaining subs. Wrath ended this trend with stagnation.

They weren't into MMOs to begin with. They're here because the game alienated 90% of the people who played in TBC.
    You have a very silly definition of casual don't you?

You operate under an assumption of a life unchanged, which you very well might be living, for the rest of us in the real world things are constantly in flux. As such someone like myself - whom in BC raided hard and continued into LK - is just not enthused with having to spend 20-hours or more a week at a bare minimum to keep up with a game.

There's always that stupid time cliche, the folks saying "well maybe if you had a real life you'd be casual too!" Which is snide and stupid and doesn't really address the problem which is that many people equate casual with bad. Frankly though there's not much I can do on a message board to change that assumption, I can only do it by playing the game well when I choose to do so, on my own time.

As is the only thing that alienates me isn't from Blizzard. What alienates me from the game are folks holding onto a toxic attitude, people who can't have fun in the game, people that respond to criticism poorly and special little snowflakes that think everything is a conspiracy against them from class changes to RNG.

In other words if Blizzard wants to get more subs then they need to work harder on fixing their players. They need to introduce an open-raid style matchmaking system into the game directly for Flex and it needs to be very transparent and easy to use. They need to get more people talking, laughing and having fun.

What will keep me playing aren't the game mechanics, it's not my class being OP and it's not even really the "challenge" of raiding. It's going to be the people and frankly if all I'm dealing with are shitheads then there's not a lot to hold me to a game.

Deleted
    If WoW still creates profit then it's a success... WoW didn't suddenly conjure 8 million on day 1, it took 6 years to peak

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Yeah I would quit the game sorry

Why do people insist on doing this threads? and also call out Normals in every?

Normal and Heroics is the main reason im playing this game. The main content since wow was launched in this game is Raiding(I didnt know a single dude who didnt play this game not to raid back in vanilla and TBC) and Normal version has always been there.
    Just because the majority does LFR now and arent good enough for normals doesnt mean there arent others enjoying it.

LFR Raiders has gotten so much this patch that its redicoulus, please S the F up for once

Deleted

TBC ending with 11-11.5 mil subs. And great ol Wrath adding HUGE 0.5 mil at it's peak. So yeah people tend to forget peak of WoW was actually during TBC when game was continously gaining subs. Wrath ended this trend with stagnation.
    http://wow.joystiq.com/tag/wow-subscriber-numbers/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    Well... more like started it's renaissance. I've got it all worked out. Okay here goes.

- All flying mounts now have a fatigue bar, flying mounts will drop towards the ground after reaching 0 fatigue.
    - LFR and Heroic Modes are removed, Flex mode and Normal remains. Normal increased in difficulty, and most bosses have a big red button.
    - Flex Raids now work from between 7-40 players
    - Scenarios and 5 mans are rolled into Flex Dungeons 3-6 players
    - Ability bloat in all classes addressed. Abilities cut from class are rolled into new specs. eg Hunter (Two Pet spec/ Ranger Spec/ Trapper Spec/ No Pet spec)
    - All daily areas have a choice between Dailies for rep and grind mob for hours for rep choices.

I know I know don't thank me all at once. I'm just trying to help.
    1. Just remove flying mounts
    2. Yea not gonna happen, LFR has to stay, maybe merge Flex & Normal Mode instead & have a heroic mode.
    3. 40 man raids were shit, 7-25 is perfect atm
    4. Won't work, 3m scenario's have healing spots and work with 3 dps, some 5man dungeons need a healer/tank...
    5. I'm not sure what to do with specs, it's always: A is better than B for X, but B is better than A for Y.
    6. ???

10+ Year Old Account
    Remove LFR, dead game.

WotLK hit 12m subs twice.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one who thinks WoW would be kind of better that way?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Been looking for sth like this for ages, cheers (if it's legit).

Now for statistics how many play flex, LFR and ...pvp. Or pet batles.
    It isn't legit

10+ Year Old Account

The subs were on it's peak about 1 year into Wrath... There wasn't too dramatic of an increase anymore up until then, but it still climbed. After that it started to decline...
    And if you try to find one key element in the game, that comes along with it, it's the introduction of hard mode/heroic mode to the raids.
    Up until Ulduar, the raids had one difficulty and nothing else.
    But to me, Blizzards 2 capital mistakes have been:
    The display of the item level, and the different difficulties. That ripped the until then rather relaxed and easy going community to shreds.
    The sense of entitlement and the douchebag attitudes spawning from it, that all came with these two changes.
    The vast majority of the players played the game for fun and for what it was.
    With the Item level display the first blow was delivered with the most stupid addon ever. Gearscore. An obsession (and obsessions are always negative) was created with it. Obsession to the addon, obsession to gearscore as such. Your gearscore is lower than mine, you are less worth than me.. To summarize it.
    On top the difficulty change... You are not heroic level, you are a baddie..

Baddie, Noob, Scrub... All that, today very common on any realm. Back then, not so much..
    To me, what kills the game the most is the community itself.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Essentially you alienated 90%

Enjoy your F2P game
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    That's one way to kill the game :P
    Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    you have singlehandedly destroyed wow if you did some of them to wow :P
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    you'd single-handedly kill the game, torturously.
    Surprisingly enough, i would actually resub for these changes. Wow died to me back in cata end / mop start, and this would revive it, in a way.
    We dream, we dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The subs were on it's peak about 1 year into Wrath... There wasn't too dramatic of an increase anymore up until then, but it still climbed. After that it started to decline...
    And if you try to find one key element in the game, that comes along with it, it's the introduction of hard mode/heroic mode to the raids.
    Up until Ulduar, the raids had one difficulty and nothing else.
    But to me, Blizzards 2 capital mistakes have been:
    The display of the item level, and the different difficulties. That ripped the until then rather relaxed and easy going community to shreds.
    The sense of entitlement and the douchebag attitudes spawning from it, that all came with these two changes.
    The vast majority of the players played the game for fun and for what it was.
    With the Item level display the first blow was delivered with the most stupid addon ever. Gearscore. An obsession (and obsessions are always negative) was created with it. Obsession to the addon, obsession to gearscore as such. Your gearscore is lower than mine, you are less worth than me.. To summarize it.
    On top the difficulty change... You are not heroic level, you are a baddie..

Baddie, Noob, Scrub... All that, today very common on any realm. Back then, not so much..
    To me, what kills the game the most is the community itself.
    I am in agreement with you sir. The fact that the raiding pool has been chopped up so finely now. You have LFR people, Flex people, Normal people, Heroic people, and heroic people who are working on achievements. They've split everyone up.

And I don't see much point with dungeons anymore since they become effectively useless after the x.1 patch with the free gear and LFR opening.

What is LFR anyway? A way to experience the content? Why are you allowed to repeat it then? Oh it's not a content experience then? It's a gearing option? Then if LFR is now the gearing option what are 5 mans? Oh 5 mans has gear thats too weak? Well lets make Scenarios!

Blizzard keeps putting systems on systems on systems to gear people and its dividing the playerbase too much. No one wants to play together because everyones trying to do too many different things.

I believe that less is more.