Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Heroic Siegecrafter Tips/Tricks?

Hey guys,

We'll be working Heroic Siegecrafter tomorrow and I was wondering if you guys had any advice to pass on to a fellow Hunter who's about to tackle the encounter.

What spec did you find most successful to complete the task you were assigned to?
    Any tricks you found for conveyor belts?
    Anything you found to make your job an easier one?

Just kind of prodding around here, any advice would be greatly appreciated to help me prepare for tomorrow

Thanks!
    #TeamHunter

I found MM to be the best spec for that fight. Lots of important mob swaps. Before you go on belt you can build up 2 charges of AiS Procc and then unload them on the weapon you need to kill.
    You can deterrence through the fire on ground and wont take any dot stacks or damage.
    You can deterrence through the fire beams, but since dps is really important on the belt, i only save it for the last beams in case dps slower than usual and I need to get last second hits while it passes through the exit.
    If you have enough hunters or if another belt group needs help on it, you can go on the top outer edge of the right tube a disnegage onto the belt to help the dps even if you already have a belt debuff. I do DO NOT recommend this because it is to easy to fall from the tube and die.
    Binding shot is key for stunning the overpowered mines on the main floor. Also use frost trap as much as you canto slow these adds.
    If you go MM, leave pet on passive and have him attack the boss, This will prevent it from running back and forth between the mobs mines forever.
    Disengage off of the belt when the item is dead, of course. I also use rocket boots to help get back to boss after the belt as well as help me dodge the shockwaves and moving saw-blades right after my belt kills their item, I believe it is right after either Belt 4, or 6.

If your guild has you on each belt using the disengage trick Walajanilu mentioned then I recommend BM. Having BW and Dire Beast for each weapon is pretty huge and allowed me and the other hunter to consistently kill them with the help of other group members.

I did try MM briefly when I got my Heroic Warforged weapon, strictly on belts it was less consistent and damage was vastly different when I had Rapid Fire up versus times without. Had I not been assigned to kill every weapon on the belts I would have most likely gone MM and attempted to line up RF with my belt groups.

10 or 25???

also I'd suggest survival, don't use bm when going onto the belt using disengage trick, your pet will get stuck and won't come up on the belt half the time or it'll run back and forth, just go survival keep pet on boss 100% of the time and be survival to kill whatever u gotta kill on the belt

Not hunter specific or pertaining to the belt BUT make sure all of your engineers on the main platform are using the EMP tinker on their belts. Huge range AoE 3s stun on mines makes them a joke and will help a ton on early prog.

Good luck!

Keep in mind that these tricks like disengaging on the belt and the engineering belt tinker are most likely going to get fixed, so try not to rely on them too hard or you will have a more stressful rekill

Deleted
    Like most other guilds hunters, you are most likely going to spend a lot of time on assembly line. If you are assigned to do that only, you need both disengage glyphs (heal and extra range) and 10% healing received glyph, I'd recommend cthc talent, but can't say any reason not to take posthaste. Spirit bond talent is must have since you most likely won't be on healers range ever. Glaive toss as expected. Bind your dismiss pet since you have to dismiss it every time you come of from line and prepare going there again using disengage, and resummon your pet when you are back on belt.

Most hunters use BM because of their many cd:s, bw on almost every belt and dire beast on every belt are quite strong cd:s there, but survival with mediocore luck isn't that bad there either, rapid fire is up on almost every belt with assurance and 2s bonus, but because of its rng bm is more popular.

These are my opinions if you happen to be that lucky guy who sees the fight few weeks after boss has been killed for first time, because you are stuck at that line.

Deleted
    I can give you a very in-depth guide on how to tackle the encounter, but first I need to know if you are 10 or 25 man. Before you answer that I can't help you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I can give you a very in-depth guide on how to tackle the encounter, but first I need to know if you are 10 or 25 man. Before you answer that I can't help you.
    If I could chime in here, I'd love some tips for 25 myself.

Chiming in, would love tips for 10-man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well chiming in, I'd love tips for 25-man!
    :P

Thanks for all the help btw guys!
    #TeamHunter

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    For belt duty, I prefer Surv. It's very close to BM, but feels better and I seem to put out slightly higher numbers. If you're on ground permanently, BM probably offers better cleaving for the mines (assuming you tank boss on top of their spawn spots).

I much prefer Posthaste, to get between belt and boss faster.

Deleted
    I play Beast Mastery with the talents Croughing Tiger,Hidden Chimera, Glaive Toss, Blink Strikes and Dire Beast.

-Croughing Tiger, Hidden Chimera is in my opinion almost necessary because you have to walk through fire several times into the fight to get to the conveyor belt unless you aren't interested in maximizing DPS and stand around the pipe doing nothing for 30 seconds. You want the lower Deterrence cooldown because you can safely walk through the fire with Deterrence up and prevent all damage. You won't have Deterrence every time without Croughing Tiger,Hidden Chimera.
    -Glaive Toss is taken because you are able to use it twice per conveyor belt resulting in higher damage compared to Barrage. Not sure on Powershot but not only does the cast time put me off, but it just doesn't seem like a viable alternative.
    -Blink Strikes is a no-brainer really. Your pet might have trouble staying on the target and Blink Strikes help it's mobility. Crows is also too costly and doesn't run it's full duration unless it's the first thing that enters the conveyor belt that you are killing. More on that later.
    -Dire Beast I'm just not sold on. Thrill of the Hunt is partially wasted because you will be using Bestial Wrath every belt, and Fervor felt really clunky. But this one is your own preference really. Just be aware that Dire Beast's guardian is going to miss a few attacks.

As for the glyphs, use the Disengage glyph instead of Deterrence because you can deflect all the damage you will be using Deterrence for anyway. The Disengage glyph allows you to cover more distance when you are going to the conveyor belt or back to the boss. Other two glyphs are the standard Liberation and Animal Bond. I tried messing around with Posthaste and Glyph of Enduring Deceit but it just didn't work out, as tempting as Posthaste really is.

If you have Assurance of Consequence you are able to use Bestial Wrath and Rapid Fire on every conveyor belt. If you are in the 2nd conveyor belt group as I am normally, you are able to use Bestial Wrath, Rapid Fire and Dire Beastx2 at the start of the fight. Delay your 3rd (I think) Dire Beast so you can use it on the belt. Same applies if you use Fervor. Ask your raid leader if you are allowed to blow Stampede on the first conveyor belt, this will allow you to use it on the 4th belt and at the end of the fight during the final burn assuming you, once again, have Assurance of Consequence. Assurance will also always porc the 2nd time you go on the belt if you are in the second group.

Always use Focus Fire as you jump into the pipe onto the conveyor belt. Your pet will always despawn for a moment making you lose your Frenzy stacks. This way, even if it's only one stack, you will at least get some ranged haste out of it for the few few seconds on the belt. First thing you should do when you jump on the belt is try to resummon your pet. In rare cases where the boss is at the opposite side of the room your pet might despawn. Last thing you want is having to resummon your pet while you could be DPSing the machine on the belt.

Depending on your group's composition you want to look into what buffs or more importantly debuffs you are missing. In melee heavy setups without a Rogue you want attack speed for example. In my group, our biggest benefit was a Wind Serpent. Don't ever use a Dragonhawk or other weird flying pets with massive hitboxes. I learned the hard way that they bug out on the belt and often don't hit anything. Also to maximize DPS you might want to macro Dash/Dive etc to Bestial Wrath and turn off auto-cast. It shouldn't really be needed but you know... just in case. Don't forget to set your pet on the machine as it spawns and not when it's about to exit the first fire beams. Pets can run through the beams and start attacking it right away.

If the machine you are killing is the first/front one on the conveyor belt it will stay up for longer at the end of the belt. If you stay close to the beams without touching them (obviously) you can get additional damage and Kill Shots in. Bear that in mind when your group slacks a bit, don't give up too soon. On our actual first kill our group members already started talking about having failed on the belt while I was able to finish it off just in time.

Depending on your guild's order, you will most likely have crawler mines every time you come back. Drop a Binding Shot on top of them if they are clumped up and drop a Ice Trap close-ish to the ranged stack assuming you have other people who are able to slow. Ice Trap overwrites other slows and the slow is removed when they walk off it, so it should only go off in emergency cases. But again this might depend on your guild's comp and strategy.

We had some long discussions on the Survival VS Beast Mastery choice but Survival really isn't pulling ahead of Beast Mastery unless you have some insane Lock and Load/4piece procs. We've done some testing and while it's viable, I definitely don't recommend it.

I was planning to post a small ''guide'' on the order and explain at which points in the fight you can stay on the boss a little longer before going to the belt, but I can't quite remember everything for the time being. When I actually do the fight it's all there in my head, but everything is just blank right now. Regardless I hope this still helped although most of it was fairly obvious. Just for the love of god don't use a Dragonhawk.
    ...no seriously, don't use a Dragonhawk.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-10-31 at 04:52 PM.

very nice tips, bovan. as walajanilu said we trying to not get our kill because of bugs or overlooks by the devs. sadly i cant use most of the tips, im going 1st and soloing the 1st belt with a disc priest. the 2nd time i go in with a rogué and he would go with me every time. found out that i can put out around 6-7 mill with just bw, we still havent figure out the position of the raid. hard to find a video of someone that will give you belt point of view and then boss point of view other than a random healer going in belt as our healer.

Deleted
    Yea I thought I clarified it somewhere, but it seems like I completely missed to mention this was mainly aimed at 25 man heroic. I think most applies to 10 man heroic as well but I have no experience with the fight on 10 man. Just bear that in mind.

Good luck by the way!

Too any of you on 10m, how much damage do you get off on the belt adds (assuming 2-manned) besides the first belt?
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Too any of you on 10m, how much damage do you get off on the belt adds (assuming 2-manned) besides the first belt?
    Somewhere between 6 and 9 million usually, depending on trinket procs

Deleted
    Regarding the belt, I think noone has mentioned yet that there are 2 ways of disengaging onto it.
    Apart from getting on top of the tube and disengaging from there, you can simply jump into it, which will shoot you high into the air. If you press disengage just as your character dissapears over the top of your screen, you will disengage onto the belt. The time window is pretty short, but after failing a few times on the 1st night of tries, I managed to do it with 100% efficiency over the next 3 nights, so it just requires a bit of practice. Maybe some people would find it easier (we have 3 hunters on belt duty all the time, 2 of us prefers the method I described, while the 3rd guy does it like Walajanilu said). We were able to cover every belt wave that way.

When it comes to spec, all 3 of us tried around different setups and we agreed that BM with fervor is the way to go, since it gives the most consistent results. SV can do mad dps if you're lucky with 4set, but it can also suck badly if you aren't.
    The pet can be a problem when you use the disegage trick to get onto the belt without dismissing it first, but I found that mashing "passive" button gets your pet back onto the belt after 2-3 seconds(you can still AC/CS while doing it), so it's not that bad.

Also, one thing worth noting: watch out if you disengage at the very last second before the boss pulls everyone off the belt. We had quite a few situations when it bugged and just kept the hunter in place, on top of the belt. which results in a huge loss of time. So if you are about to get pulled off, it's better to just wait.

on a sidenote: All of the above applies to 25m. We have the boss tanked on the right side of the room, so the belt group is completely separated from the raid. That leaves us with only 2 instances of fire on the floor between belts and 100% focus on the belt duty, with no distractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Latwyy View Post
    Regarding the belt, I think noone has mentioned yet that there are 2 ways of disengaging onto it.
    Apart from getting on top of the tube and disengaging from there, you can simply jump into it, which will shoot you high into the air. If you press disengage just as your character dissapears over the top of your screen, you will disengage onto the belt.
    Does this prevent the debuff from being applied as well?
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Does this prevent the debuff from being applied as well?
    The debuff doesn't refresh when you go in, so theoretically, yes. Can alternate the 2 methods.