Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Interesting question:
    If the racials for Horde weren't so obviously OP, would there be a Horde imbalance at all?

How many people would prefer to play Alliance, but are forced to play Horde by circumstance?
    I bet a lot more, considering a lot of people only play horde by their op racials...that's why i did when i first started playing this game mid WotLK and i didn't know much about the game then, except for that.

here's a better specific question for the point of this thread. What race would suit a warrior, druid, priest, shaman and mage?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The architecture and atmosphere for the Alliance is just vastly, vastly, vastly superior.

If this was Vanilla or TBC, imagine I just wrote the same sentence as above except added about twelve more "vastly"s in there. That is... Horde architecture improved somewhat in Wrath and Cataclysm, but I would still prefer to be in an Alliance town or city literally every single day of the week.

Alliance who haven't played Horde don't know what they take for granted.
    I'll be able to vouch for that once i start playing alli. Horde is miserable aside from the lore and op racials....stand in org all day, all night.

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting question:
    If the racials for Horde weren't so obviously OP, would there be a Horde imbalance at all?

How many people would prefer to play Alliance, but are forced to play Horde by circumstance?
    While Horde definitely has the better PvE racials, the Human PvP racial is by far the best.

The problem really for faction racials is that the Horde has great PvE racials (Berserking/Blood Fury are the biggest two offenders) and they also have decent PvP racials. While Every Man is obviously better, there is still a place in this world for the AoE control offered by Arcane Torrent and War Stomp, especially in RBGs. Will of the Forsaken isn't bad either by any means, though I don't like it as much as the unique utility offered by Arcane Torrent and War Stomp for team fights or the raw power of Every Man for solo or small groups. I'm by no means a PvP expert or pro though.

Alliance has meh PvE racials, meh PvP racials, and then Every Man.

(I'm referencing Vanilla and TBC races exclusively since all three Cata/MoP races have pretty good racials.)
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-10-28 at 07:14 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    erh hem..

Dwarf = 1% expertise to ranged weapons + 10% dmg reduction and removes bleed effects

Human = 1% expertise to swords and maces + 3% more spirit + free trinket

that is not something to be taken lightly over 300 main stat.
    It is far inferior than 300 main stat. 1% expertise is equal to 340 expertise rating. 300 main stat vs 340 secondary stat.... c'mon man! So basically, in very specific class/race/weapon combos, you can receive 340 expertise... I would stick with Pandaren since it's better in 100% of cases.

Deleted
    While Horde definitely has the better PvE racials, the Human PvP racial is by far the best.
    Free trinket vs free cd+stun reduction+pet dmg.

The human racial is diminished with the loss of viable pve trinkets in pvp. Even when pve trinkets were running rampart the orc team won the blizzard tournament with a high downtime of stun diminished by the racial.

My point is, with the arms race between all the classes, investing into a defense is a lot better with the current trinket/base res changes.

Interesting question:

Every source I've ever seen outside of top 50 world raiding shows alliance is about 60 - 40 with horde? Where is this horde imbalance you speak of.

EMFH is not the only fantastic alliance pvp racial - shadowmeld? Stoneform and Escape artist are comparable to the best the horde has to offer there. And as mentioned worgen has consistently been *the* best for some specs, pandaren are a strong contender and we wouldn't even be mentioning trolls if it weren't for the fiasco that was 5.2 and it's aftermath. Orcs have always been a little OTT, which I recall is why Command has been nerfed twice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    I mean seriously, if you're not in Org where are you?
    In shrine.

Deleted
    Alliance have the Gnome race, what else you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylom View Post
    Alliance have the Gnome race, what else you need.
    Gnome punting feels more satisfying as a horde though.

15+ Year Old Account
    There were no Oceanic Alliance guilds worth joining when mine died, was forced to go horde to keep raiding at the level I was accustom too.

$55 a pop to bring my alli alts to my new server is a fucking joke, Blizzard know what they are doing with the way the factions are balance, and that is making bank off faction changes/xfers!
    Last edited by soulyouth; 2013-10-28 at 09:24 AM.
    Sig by Safhira

Deleted
    Please stop using this as an excuse.

The only people who think Horde has "op" racial abilities are the same ones who stand in fire in LFR and cry when their team can't win an AV due to bots.

If you are 20+ you are older than 99% of the alliance players.
    I could drop this bomb here and eat my pizza while 10 angry alliance players reply to it but nah, i am just kidding.

I don't play alliance for years now but i remember faster pvp queues as someone else already said.

Quote Originally Posted by torment3d View Post
    It is far inferior than 300 main stat. 1% expertise is equal to 340 expertise rating. 300 main stat vs 340 secondary stat.... c'mon man! So basically, in very specific class/race/weapon combos, you can receive 340 expertise... I would stick with Pandaren since it's better in 100% of cases.
    yes that is true but are you forgetting the utility they have on top of that. free trinket is on some fights very useful as an example HC-loot-crates in mogu there is mobs that stuns you instead of wasting time getting stunned or moving to a better position i can just insta trinket it and get 3-4 casts more.

10+ Year Old Account
    free pvp trinket for humans... thats it, and you have to put up with gnomes, spacegoats and fleabags...

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post

The only people who think Horde has "op" racial abilities are the same ones who stand in fire in LFR and cry when their team can't win an AV due to bots.
    Such a moronic reply when everyone knows the primary reason that well over 70% of the worlds top 50 raiding guilds in both 25man and 10man are Horde because the racials give them an edge in the contest. Hell even Method used to be an alliance guild until the racials changed and they decided it was too big an advantage to give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Every source I've ever seen outside of top 50 world raiding shows alliance is about 60 - 40 with horde? Where is this horde imbalance you speak of.

EMFH is not the only fantastic alliance pvp racial - shadowmeld? Stoneform and Escape artist are comparable to the best the horde has to offer there. And as mentioned worgen has consistently been *the* best for some specs, pandaren are a strong contender and we wouldn't even be mentioning trolls if it weren't for the fiasco that was 5.2 and it's aftermath. Orcs have always been a little OTT, which I recall is why Command has been nerfed twice?
    Top 10
    80% horde in top10 25man and 80% horde in top10 10man

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post

Yep, i bet method(and other top guilds) do that all the time
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    Whats "Alli", is that a new race or class?

I prefer being Horde tbh... I really like Dwarves though.
    Humans have one of the best animations ingame imo (and look good if u cover their fugly faces with a helmet).
    Other than that, after I changed from Horde to Alliance, I did surprisingly experience a dramatic decrease in the waiting time for BGs... which is cool.
    Last edited by Falu; 2013-10-28 at 10:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, the one thing I loved about alliance more than horde was the Dragonblight story chain involving Naxxramas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best thing being alliance? The medieval atmosphere and culture. That other faction is just pure barbarian living in tents and wiping @ss with grass. Go look around in bloodhoof village if you dont believe me
    Man I even heared Wrynn has his own flush toilet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogly View Post
    Such a moronic reply when everyone knows the primary reason that well over 70% of the worlds top 50 raiding guilds in both 25man and 10man are Horde because the racials give them an edge in the contest.
    Or perhaps the fact that Alliance players are generally less organized and, let's face it, less talented players - they're the epitome of the unwashed masses.