Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Benefits of playing as alli

Being a fanatic of the horde, I've decided to make an alt account that pure alliance. But before I do, I would like to ask the community what the benefits of playing as alliance? Lore, cool things about their races, things like that. Stuff that's interesting and maybe even beneficial. I've never played alli, so i don't know jack about them.

Faster PvP queues. But seriously, there really isn't any reason to play Alliance for lore. For the most part, Alliance lore in-game is either never shown or just done to a sub-standard quality. The story quality is better in general for the Horde throughout, the only reason to play Alliance is to be a Human/Night Elf in PvP, since the Racials for PvE are better on the Horde.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2013-10-27 at 08:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A main city atop a giant tree, a proper keep in Stormwind, dwarven.

Lots of benefits man
    You can get hord and alliance only recepies and sell em for major golds without breaking a sweat...just don't overflood the AH
    You get to have different lore experience? Idk

It felt like a whole new game for me when I swapped factions plus I was tired of the same old same old....you get the idea

We got night elves and draenis(most likely its a dude thought from what I found out). So there

I just did this transition myself and I do appreciate the architecture a lot more in IF and SW compared to Org / Alternate city (I mean seriously, if you're not in Org where are you?). Lorewise, I think the alliance is in a nice little spot for the next patch and for the next expansion with the horde having new leadership in the work, I'm also a HUGE fan of night elves and dwarves, fierce looking soldiers for sure.

Deleted
    It's a nice change from playing Horde. Seeing different races around you, afk'ing in different cities. Just a welcome change of scenery. On my server, Alliance has a better RP community as well.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO the Alliance has the cooler cities. Alliance generally has easier RP to find (not counting Goldshire in that). And the biggest reason, especially for PvP? Every Man for Himself.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you all for the info, I actually dislike the alliance a lot lol and i don't even RP. But, it'll be a nice change from the same horde shit every day. Plus like other posters said, it's a nice change to AFK in a different city aside from org! last question for you who ever else joins this thread, which race has better skills/passives for pve and pvp? Im assuming human for the double trinket for pvp. but for pve?

Best part? Less overbites and more shoes.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a total Hordie until recently. I've been bored and have always wanted to try a druid out but really can't get past the troll and tauren models so I decided to try a nelf out. Not only has it been a lot of fun to start nearly completely over on a different server, but seeing totally new quest lines has been incredibly refreshing. Although now that I have leveled my druid to about 30 I have realized I am in cat form about 90% of the time....so I might just roll a troll druid as I won't be looking at them as much as I thought I would lol.

Not really an advantage I suppose, but it has been nice seeing the other half of the game basically. My boyfriend jokingly calls me a traitor for rolling and alli, but I might as well see the entire game lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nsgid View Post
    but for pve?
    Depends on what you're playing, but Worgens are arguably the best due to the +1% crit and move speed bonus which is useful to all roles (unlike the Night Elves' +1% dodge which is generally only useful for tanking).

But don't pick a race based off of what is best, because the boost in performance isn't worth looking at a model you don't like.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not having to stand around in Orgrimmar is the best benefit there is.

I seriously can't stand being in that city.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Not having to stand around in Orgrimmar is the best benefit there is.

I seriously can't stand being in that city.
    Man, I can't tell you bad i want to bash my head against my keyboard doing that...since it's 80% of horde gameplay lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I'm a total Hordie until recently. I've been bored and have always wanted to try a druid out but really can't get past the troll and tauren models so I decided to try a nelf out. Not only has it been a lot of fun to start nearly completely over on a different server, but seeing totally new quest lines has been incredibly refreshing. Although now that I have leveled my druid to about 30 I have realized I am in cat form about 90% of the time....so I might just roll a troll druid as I won't be looking at them as much as I thought I would lol.

Not really an advantage I suppose, but it has been nice seeing the other half of the game basically. My boyfriend jokingly calls me a traitor for rolling and alli, but I might as well see the entire game lol.
    are all the quests different? And yeah my friends are calling me a traitor lol I used to hate the alli big time..but horde is so boring now :/

Pandaren has the best racial all around for alliance. Worgen is very slightly better (arguably) for a small number of melee specs but you can't go wrong with panda people... plus if you change your mind before level 20 you can just pick Horde and forget all about this thread!

the most major benefit to me is using the race models that the horde doesn't have.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by torment3d View Post
    Pandaren has the best racial all around for alliance. Worgen is very slightly better (arguably) for a small number of melee specs but you can't go wrong with panda people... plus if you change your mind before level 20 you can just pick Horde and forget all about this thread!

uh...i totally forgot about pandas......

Quote Originally Posted by torment3d View Post
    erh hem..

Dwarf = 1% expertise to ranged weapons + 10% dmg reduction and removes bleed effects

Human = 1% expertise to swords and maces + 3% more spirit + free trinket

that is not something to be taken lightly over 300 main stat.

For the most part, Alli dominate IoC and EotS. That reason alone makes me want to go Alli considering that ALL random BGs I get is IoC, even when I blacklist it.

Interesting question:
    If the racials for Horde weren't so obviously OP, would there be a Horde imbalance at all?

How many people would prefer to play Alliance, but are forced to play Horde by circumstance?

15+ Year Old Account
    The architecture and atmosphere for the Alliance is just vastly, vastly, vastly superior.

If this was Vanilla or TBC, imagine I just wrote the same sentence as above except added about twelve more "vastly"s in there. That is... Horde architecture improved somewhat in Wrath and Cataclysm, but I would still prefer to be in an Alliance town or city literally every single day of the week.

Alliance who haven't played Horde don't know what they take for granted.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines