Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    how are those benefits?

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, some people like playing hardmode.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love how, as expected, the foaming-at-the-mouth rabid horde fanboys come out in force to give the OP reasons NOT to play alliance, when they were clearly asking for quite the opposite.

So without further ado:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurf Blurf View Post
    Roll Horde, play on a PVP server where you have a 10:1 population advantage, get free blowjobs from the developers at every Blizzcon, but act like you're still some kind of underground hipster underdog for being too cool to roll a "pretty race" even though your faction is 50% sparkly elves with nice hair. It's the Horde Way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I'm a total Hordie until recently. I've been bored and have always wanted to try a druid out but really can't get past the troll and tauren models so I decided to try a nelf out. Not only has it been a lot of fun to start nearly completely over on a different server, but seeing totally new quest lines has been incredibly refreshing. Although now that I have leveled my druid to about 30 I have realized I am in cat form about 90% of the time....so I might just roll a troll druid as I won't be looking at them as much as I thought I would lol.

Not really an advantage I suppose, but it has been nice seeing the other half of the game basically. My boyfriend jokingly calls me a traitor for rolling and alli, but I might as well see the entire game lol.
    Druids are known for their forms, but you can be out of your form by either going Resto or using the Glyph of Stars for Balance (it modifies your Moonkin form).

Personally I have a Troll and Worgen Druid at 90, and working on my Nelf and Tauren ones atm.

@the OP: Pick a race you like and just have fun. There's no shame to be had for wanting to experience the whole game. Anyone saying otherwise is just some weird egotistical person.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Gotta love how, as expected, the foaming-at-the-mouth rabid horde fanboys come out in force to give the OP reasons NOT to play alliance, when they were clearly asking for quite the opposite.

So without further ado:
    +1, including the quote

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love this community so much. The stuff people say can turn a bad day into a good one instantly. I really do appreciate all of your input guys/gals.

Deleted
    Worgen, Darnassus, not having to put up with Forsaken.

That's about it. Two of those reasons are enough for me to like Alliance way more compared to the Horde.

I try to play a different race for every class I play.

On the two Alliance chars I have, I play a human and a night elf. The human racial is good but I don't PVP often, but it is also very useful when running older content or even 5 man instances, lots of things you can escape which is nice. So even outside of PVP it is valuable, plus the other racials which have been mentioned expertise, spirit, etc.

For night elf I just picked it because I cannot stand the worgen chortling/sniffing/drooling whatever else they are up to, the noise just becomes bothersome after a while. Plus I am a guardian druid so the racials work out anyways(+1% dodge in particular). Also shadowmeld is really fun if you pick a non-stealth class. Nobody likes a stealthed warrior charging out of shadows.

Overall you can't really go wrong if you are having fun, I'd just roll the dice (D&D!) and pick whatever draws you towards the adventure. Don't over think a task if your goal is just to enjoy yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much of a benefit but...I love the welcoming feeling of Goldshire. It's more populated compared to Razor Hill. Brill is close, but after Cataclysm hit it's meh.

If you like lore only go alliance if you love human lore and don't give a crap about other races. Other races either get ignored or crapped on so humans look better. Alliance story has been pretty miserable recently for non-human races.

Its good if your into the Lore of Warcraft.
    Also you can familiarize yourself in Alliance/Horde only Cities/Zones which is good if you want certain achievements (maybe For The Alliance/Horde?)

From my experience ally players are more mature. I know both faction have immature people though.
    Last edited by xDavis194; 2013-10-29 at 03:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While Horde have the better racials overall, humans hae the single best pvp racial.

Lots of things I miss about playing as Ally since switching over to Horde.

1) Dung Beetles not freely roaming through you capital city and knowing there are no toilets or plumbing in Orgrimmar either.
    2) A genuine feeling of being a good guy while leveling 1-60 (ex. No burying prisoners up to the neck in excrement in Southshore, Insulting Gnomes and Dwarves height to feel better about yourself, and not having to justify why the Expansion's Bad Guy is Bad to fellow faction members)'
    3) Hearing "Great ta Meet ya" from a dwarf feels better after a long day than hearing "Lok'Tar Ogar (Victory or Death)" as a greeting. One is from a friend the other is from an overzealous military low-level grunt.
    4) Beds.... Soft plush beds... not hammocks, not orcish bunks not love motel round designer Blood Elf Cushions,... beds
    5) Not having 4 out of 6 races hunched over.
    6) Friggin Werewolves

What I don't miss
    7) My old Alliance Guild

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stealth warrior

I just got a raging clue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post

So without further ado:
    If you look at the profiles of people who posted the anti-Alliance statements, they're all basically top-class raiders who the tiny DPS increase of the racial advantage will matter to.

I think the discussion has been pretty reasonable, outside of those comments and the standard 'hurr durr ally is 4 little girl, hurr durr' comments. But it's the internet so you have to expect that.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Best part? Less overbites and more shoes.
    *barely keeps in his coffee mid-laugh*

Dammit. This should be our advertising catchphrase.

THE ALLIANCE!
    Less Overbite.
    More Shoes.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nsgid View Post
    Being a fanatic of the horde, I've decided to make an alt account that pure alliance. But before I do, I would like to ask the community what the benefits of playing as alliance? Lore, cool things about their races, things like that. Stuff that's interesting and maybe even beneficial. I've never played alli, so i don't know jack about them.
    Alliance have Humans, 10% more rep. All my characters that can be a human is a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nsgid View Post
    Being a fanatic of the horde, I've decided to make an alt account that pure alliance. But before I do, I would like to ask the community what the benefits of playing as alliance? Lore, cool things about their races, things like that. Stuff that's interesting and maybe even beneficial. I've never played alli, so i don't know jack about them.
    Being a Dwarf of any class pure classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Alliance have Humans, 10% more rep. All my characters that can be a human is a human.
    You play a fantasy base game as a human in real to be a human in game...never understand that logic. Dwarf POWH

10+ Year Old Account
    I started playing Alliance because a friend of mine got me into playing and she was a night elf. I really liked the night elves straight away, the culture, the animations (female night elves have the best combat animations imo) and the lore. Later on I started to appreciate the other races and lore behind them. The whole atmosphere is more relaxed and friendly.
    Later on I regularly visited some of the lower level zones of the night elves and humans for the music and scenery.

I tried Horde a couple of times but never got very far. The whole gritty and dark atmosphere and architecture didn't appeal to me. And some of the Forsaken quests are disgusting.
    Besides, the Alliance have female gnomes. A tiny warrior with a 2hander as big as she is tall, kicking ass in bg's. That's awesome.