Herald of Titans Question

Hello,

I just wanted to confirm if this item from the SoR/Hyjal gear vendor is okay for the Herald achievement. I tried searching here and google and wowhead for an answer, but nothing came up. Thank you in advance.

This is my first post, so I can't link. Sorry.

wowdb.com/items/73006-magesoul-staff

Only gear with a 226 or lower item level can be used. Weapons/off hands can be 232 item level or lower.

I may be wrong but the gear from that vendor is way too high in item level.

It takes a couple weeks(maybe longer) to get the gear needed for it. And finding 9 other people might take a while too. You basically have to run ulduar every week and buy as much 226 gear for justice points as you can and fill the rest of the slots you need with gear from naxx 25. Run ToC 10 man for a 232 weapon.

It used to be ALOT easier before 5.4 because you could have 80 twinks with capped out 600 profession and get the OP bonuses from them (like 500 stats on bracers and 285 stats on legs for LW etc etc) which is crazy for a level 80 and that made the fight crazy easy if everyone in your group has them but now that they're scaled by level, its a little harder and makes the 600 profession much less important if not completely meaningless.

Earlier this year, I joined a twink guild and we already had a lot of people interested in this achievement so it made it really fast to get everyone geared up. We cleared ulduar 25 every week for 226 gear and cleared ToC 10 for weapon etc etc. And to make it much easier, we had our twinks cap their professions at 600. It only us a couple weeks or so (maybe more, idk remember) to get geared for it. And the fight was insanely easy for us with that, We killed him before the big bang and we were able to solo tank because the dps was sooo good. We kind of expected the fight to be a lot harder.

BTW just in case you're wondering, we used our OP level 80 400+ item level BoE gear to clear ulduar and farm it for the gear needed for the achieve but of course you could just have 90s carry you.
    Last edited by Orcindauh; 2013-10-28 at 02:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it matters where the gear is from.. as long as it meets the ilvl requirements which looks like that staff does.

You would be able to use that staff you linked, yes, but if any of the other gear is 232 you wouldn't be able to use that.

Thank you all for the responses! I was just going to use the weapon. I was actually trying to do herald during 5.3, but I got lazy farming gear. Anyway thanks again!

Even with the stat scaling nerfs it's still a fairly easy achievement to get nowadays simply because of the ability buffs that have happened since WotlK. A raid of five 80s in Cataclysm got the achievement and it certainly hasn't gotten harder.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Even with the stat scaling nerfs it's still a fairly easy achievement to get nowadays simply because of the ability buffs that have happened since WotlK. A raid of five 80s in Cataclysm got the achievement and it certainly hasn't gotten harder.
    before blizz nerfed professions people 3 manned it this xpac lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in the days, the achievement only worked if you used Ulduar-gear or ealier.
    Onyxia drops the same iLevel gear as Ulduar, but if you used any of it, you wouldn't get the achievement.. Don't know if it have been changed though..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Back in the days, the achievement only worked if you used Ulduar-gear or ealier.
    Onyxia drops the same iLevel gear as Ulduar, but if you used any of it, you wouldn't get the achievement.. Don't know if it have been changed though..
    Armor has to be 226 or lower and weapons/ off hands can be 232 or lower regardless of where it comes from now (not sure how it was before). We had someone using the sword from 10 man onyxia which is 232 and we still got the achievement so I can confirm weapons / off hands only from 10 man onyxia(Not 25 man) works for Herald.

It's actually pretty easy to get a group for it using oQueue. Did it recently, on a weekend.

SoR gear from the Hyjal vendor works no problem as long as it meets the ilvl requirements, so you'll be restricted to just MH/OH weapons/shields. I used the 232 green shield for my Holy Paladin without issue. Honestly it's complete faceroll; I had near-BiS for my paladin and we walked in there with full flasks/buffs/food with none of us having experience. 6 of our group died (lol) but we managed to 4-man it to victory with me solo-healing and a monk tank doing most of the DPS.