Windwalker Macro help

I'm currently trying to reduce the amount of space taken up by my abilities, and reduce my keybinds since they're a bit out of the way on my current setup. I was wondering if anyone out there knew a way to do these;

Macroing Rising sun kick/Blackout kick

Currently i'm using a setup that I know is not optimal, but it's worked so far
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence Rising Sun Kick, Blackout kick, Blackout Kick

The only issue with this macro is that I MUST blackout kick twice before Rising sun kick becomes available again, and if I have the time for another blackout kick I can't, because the macro tries to use Rising sun kick.

Macroing Expel Harm/Chi wave

This one is basically to keep chi wave on cooldown as well as allow me to use Expel harm to generate chi when I get lower than 75% health.

I understand how to make a Modifier macro, but I'm playing with a Razer Nostromo these days and i'm I prefer not to have a modifier key on it since I already have it set to two keymappings (first is the usual WASD movement scheme, but when I hold the "modifier" key it switches to a Numpad style setting for my abilities.)

Rising Sun Kick=reset (whatever the cooldown is)...or am I wrong?

I'm not sure but I thought you can't make a macro that automatically uses ability X if you hit 75% health for example...you have to make a modifier macro.

i'll try the reset=8 modifier tomorrow when I have time to get on. And the other macro wasn't literally based on my health, it was simply to add expel harm to my current keybinds in a way that I could use in place of Jab, if my health was low enough for the full healing and damage to come into play, therefore making it a better chi generator than jab under those conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    i'll try the reset=8 modifier tomorrow when I have time to get on. And the other macro wasn't literally based on my health, it was simply to add expel harm to my current keybinds in a way that I could use in place of Jab, if my health was low enough for the full healing and damage to come into play, therefore making it a better chi generator than jab under those conditions.
    reset=8 only means if you don't press the macro in over 8 second it will reset. Since I assume you will be spamming it that condition will never occur making it no different then your current macro.

Here is a three button single target spam set up that if you're a bad monk will make you better... however this will not be optimal play and I don't recommend it for raiders beyond maybe flex level. I just see so many bad monks and these macros are how I help out guildmates who have monk alts that want to learn to play WW. I consider them beginner level macros, and as as you gain a better understand of the monks rotation you should move away from macros and increase your key bound muscle memory and perform the optimized rotation manually without macros.

1. Jab + Energizing Brew (uses EB on CD)

#showtooltip Jab
    /run sfx=GetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX");
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /cast Jab
    /cast Energizing Brew
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /run SetCVar("Sound_EnableSFX",sfx);

2. RSK + BoK

#showtooltip Rising Sun Kick
    /castsequence reset=6 Rising Sun Kick, Blackout Kick, Blackout Kick
    /cast Chi Brew

3. Tiger Palm + Chi Wave (Chi wave is a 15 second cool down thus you will Tiger Palm ever 16-19 seconds to keep the debuff close to 100% uptime)

#showtooltip Chi Wave
    /castsequence reset=combat Chi Wave, Tiger Palm

It's not my muscle memory that's actually the problem, it's the amount of keys available on my setup. I was used to playing with the numpad + arrow keys for my abilities, while my movement was controlled my by left hand, and i'm trying to use my mouse more these days.

Edit: The reset=8 portion of every macro I make is an unknown command as far as my WoW is concerned. It will not reset the sequence.
    Last edited by Amandi; 2013-10-28 at 05:26 PM. Reason: forgot to mention.

I had a naga, and now I have a Logitech g600 or something similar. But it shares the same 1 through = setup as my keybinds for my left hand. I'm also using razer nostromo for my left hand, giving me about 18 keybinds for my left hand to use. They are full, hence my looking for a macro so I don't have to click certain abilities.

Basically all I need is to know how to reset a macro based on a condition. The reset= commands do not work. Such as, how to make Rising sun kick the first ability used on cooldown, and blackout kick the ability used if rising sun kick is on cooldown. I understand how to make a castsequence, but I didn't like -needing- to blackout kick twice before I could rising sun kick again.

Edit: apparently I was stuck in oldschool and bracketing all of my "modifiers" to spells. my original macro read

#showtooltip
    /castsequence [reset=15] Chi wave, Expel harm

which doesn't work.
    Last edited by Amandi; 2013-10-28 at 05:47 PM.

Are you using the shift (or some other) key to give you more options with the Naga? I'm sure my set up isn't perfect but I know where 24 abilities are, which is enough most times.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're struggling with binding space on a nostromo and don't want to use shift/ctrl style modifiers then I'd recommend dropping/optimising your more situational keys rather than your key rotational abilities.

Since you have 18 keys...

Basically, keep the following abilities on individual and easy to press keys:
    1. Tiger's Palm
    2. Rising Sun Kick
    3. Blackout Kick
    4. Jab (macro with energising brew for laziness if you want)
    5. Tigereye Brew
    6. Chi Wave
    7. Spinning Crane Kick (&RJW)

Feel free to drop using Fists of Fury if you don't care too much about min maxing or PVP.

Then start branching out with slightly lesser used but still important abilities:
    8. roll
    9. flying serpent kick
    10. Touch of Karma
    11. Xuen
    12. Storm Earth Fire

You then have a choice of 6 more situational abilities.

At the end of the day though, you're going to need to give your nostromo a modifier setup if you really want to be able to keybind everything and use them well, macroing abilities together sucks. I use a Logitech G13 + Corsair M90, and using a single modifier key on the G13, I am using a total of 59 bind positions, and I could add a further 9 to my mouse if I used the modifier with the mouse too.

10+ Year Old Account
    The WW guide thread also has a few macros at the end of it for allowing you to specswap on Chi Wave/Chi Burst/Zen Sphere as well as for your Dampen Harm/Dispel Magic keybinds.

The unfortunate truth is that we kind of have keybind overload. I've had to use shift/ctrl/alt modifiers in addition to a razer naga.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysmera View Post
    The WW guide thread also has a few macros at the end of it for allowing you to specswap on Chi Wave/Chi Burst/Zen Sphere as well as for your Dampen Harm/Dispel Magic keybinds.

The unfortunate truth is that we kind of have keybind overload. I've had to use shift/ctrl/alt modifiers in addition to a razer naga.
    what for exactly, just curious. I don't think i have > 25 buttons used.

These macros are so horrible I'm gonna get nightmares tonight.

1st of all any and all macros that contain /castsequence and have more than 2 things are fucking retarded and bad and you should feel bad for using them.
    2nd of all some of the macros listed in this thread are stupid.

Here are some GOOD examples.

/cast Expel Harm
    /tigereye brew.
    This macro works wonders for your self healing if you took the Healing Elixirs talent. You're getting a huge heal every 15 sec.

I'm using modifier keys and this is what I have. Basically pushing th modifier key + the button will do a different thing as opposed to just pressing the button.

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] fire blossom
    /cast [mod:shift] crackling jade lightning
    on mousewheel up

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] detox
    /cast [mod:shift] tiger's lust
    /cast [mod:ctrl] every man for himself / pvp trinket
    on mousewheel down

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] fists of fury
    /cast [mod:shift] paralysis
    on side button 1

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] tigereye brew
    /cast [nomod] expel harm
    /cast [mod:shift] invoke Xuen
    /cast [mod:shift] damage pvp trinket
    on side button 2

#showtooltip
    /cast energy brew
    /cast healing sphere
    My quick spam sphere macro

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] disable
    /cast [mod:shift] touch of death
    on mouse wheel push action

Deleted
    dang you guys are lazy with all these macro's! learn to keybind! use shift, R, T, F, V, mouse buttons etc...

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlablue View Post
    dang you guys are lazy with all these macro's! learn to keybind! use shift, R, T, F, V, mouse buttons etc...
    Not sure I'd call it lazy as its much more time consuming to make a good macro for your needs than to just keybind something. I'd say its particular rather than lazy. I totally understand wanting to minimize the number of buttons used and displayed.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch