Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Have you ever overpaid for something?

Wanna know. I overpaid nearly ~500$ for a gun(came out 1000 total)...yea don't ask, I thought id never get it because of elections/surplus kits have dried out.

Not sure if it is against the rules, but it was a nice Yugo underfolder m70(looks like this, but this one isn't mine

Then 5 months later (I am not sure if we are suppose to advertise), a nearly same gun surfaces for..599$!That's outrageous!(albeit its a fixed stock version)
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...fle&groupid=11

I also overpaid for my effin car, which has been nothing but a money pit...endless tows, small breaks, FUKK I feel pissed. I should have held on to my money >.<

just want to drown myself in that WoW goodness and forget this real life mess I cant get away from

And I overpaid for my xbox360 which is surprisingly still operational. Back in 2005, they used to cost 550$...and nearly 600 bucks after tax was something...I had mine ever since it came out...still got the wired!! controller(xbox360 wired, not regular xbox wired), still has the 64mb memory card it came with and a bunch of other stuff like how to convert from regular xbox live to xbox live gold on 360...(I think regular live was like 50$ a year GG)

DAMN I feel pissed, I looked, and now an xbox 360 slim is 190$$ with the rollback in walmart.WTF....
    post your rants guys
    Last edited by xXzCoDProxXz; 2013-10-28 at 02:47 AM.

Deleted
    Tis a nice gun, embrace it rather than complaining, pity us poor Brits that cannot own that weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Tis a nice gun, embrace it rather than complaining, pity us poor Brits that cannot own that weapon.
    This is a nice gun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    This is a nice gun.

i came in my pants and vomited at the same time.

But I overpaid 500 bucks like I said
    I just cant fall asleep, that shit keeps bothering me

I could have ended up with a mid-grade AR or something else. Heck I could have even pumped that money into a gaming rig

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xXzCoDProxXz View Post
    But I overpaid 500 bucks like I said
    I just cant fall asleep, that shit keeps bothering me

I could have ended up with a mid-grade AR or something else. Heck I could have even pumped that money into a gaming rig
    What are you using it for?

A Gateway laptop I bought from Best Buy back in 06. It cost like $1000 including the $ for the 3 year warranty.

Deleted
    Bought witcher 2 for 30 € the day before it went 50 % off. But in the end hopefully most of that extra 15 € went to CD project red, because they trully deserve it

Deleted
    I overpaid for a packet of gum. I was in a rush so I just threw a quid at the shopkeep and flew out the door.

Went to baskin robbins during the summer in Florida once. Was getting something for me and my grandma.

First of all it was a deal where it was a BR combined with Dunkin Donuts and the service was ----------slow----------. I spent like 40 minutes in that store waiting on line.

I put my order in after like 30 minutes of getting there. Order cookies and cream on a waffle cone and plain vanilla on a waffle cone. $9.50. Wtf why does that cost so much?!?? That was more than the gas I just filled 1/3 of my tank with.

That's not even the worse part. 10 minutes later the guy is finally actually making my stuff. They were out of waffle cones (any cones) and had to put it in a cup. I wasn't about to go back to the register and get a refund (I had to pay at the DD side's register). So I told the guy to make mine a double scoop and put sherry sauce on my grandmas.

It still wasn't fucking worth it. I'll never go back to that Baskin Robbing's.

Sorry that's why I am ranting guys..i am that effin pissed. I literally cant fall asleep right now because of this ,having a big work day tomorrow so I gotta share the pain

But I cant predict future LOL that's what I keep saying to myself

Deleted
    Sorry that's why I am ranting guys..i am that effin pissed. I literally cant fall asleep right now because of this ,having a big work day tomorrow so I gotta share the pain

There's a lesson to be learned here...

Stop impulse buying and be more patient.

I probably overpaid for my fat bike, as I am terrible at haggling, but it was still worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I overpaid for my utilities every time they send a friggin bill.

Go check on their return policy.

If the return policy is not to your liking... well... you have what you're trying to return in your hand.

(sorry, bad gun joke).

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Wanna know. I overpaid nearly ~500$ for a gun(came out 1000 total)...yea don't ask, I thought id never get it because of elections/surplus kits have dried out.

Not sure if it is against the rules, but it was a nice Yugo underfolder m70

Then 5 months later (I am not sure if we are suppose to advertise), a nearly same gun surfaces for..599$!That's outrageous!(albeit its a fixed stock version)
    You bought during a high-swing in prices, so you didn't really pay too much. The underfolder does runa bit higher pricing wise also. ($100ish usually) It's the same with the XBox, you had it for years, you got your value out of it.

For myself, I had a reverse situation really, selling my AR15 a month or two before the prices sky-rocketed and it tripled in value... ah well.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, $529:
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...fle&groupid=11

Though I guess that doesn't help you.

My college degree.

Not sure how you think an xbox being $500+ in 2005 and $200 in 2013 (nearly 2014) is something that is unusual. You don't base prices you pay in 2005 off of prices 8-9 years later in determining whether you overpaid. Particularly with electronics.

I bought a 7970 vid card that dropped about $100 a week later, then went back up again to slightly less what I paid. Prices fluctuate, sales happen, sometimes you miss a deal. That's life. There's better things to be upset about.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Yep, concert tickets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    An item or service is worth exactly what you pay for it.
    This is the econ myth folks tell themselves to sleep better at night.

Quote Originally Posted by speehs View Post
    My college degree.
    Same... ugh.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.