Transferring gold between factions

Quick question about gold transfer between factions: Is it against any rules?

If not...anyone on US-Dalaran that can help me transfer a few thousand from my alliance toon to horde? :P Completely broke on horde due to it being my first horde character, but my alliance toon has 40k on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think there is any form of policy against cross faction tranfer of gold, but i would warn that they may flag you if you sell items on the neutral ah for certain amounts and sell consistently.

Also, id probably get a very close and trusted friend to do this with, you wouldn't want a random stranger from here coming to exploit you while doing this and taking your gold
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Buy a expensive pet, learn it, hop on horde, cage it and sell it.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    Buy a expensive pet, learn it, hop on horde, cage it and sell it.
    Hrm, that could work. Haven't played since the end of Cata though; how exactly does "caging" work?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Hrm, that could work. Haven't played since the end of Cata though; how exactly does "caging" work?
    Right click the pet in you pet tab and select cage.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    Right click the pet in you pet tab and select cage.
    It's worth adding that not all pets are cageable - try searching your AH for one of the Timeless Isle drop pets or one of the raid drop pets from ToT or SoO. Those usually go for a few thousand gold each.

Get a friend / trusted guild mate to buy an item off the neutral AH you post for however much you want to exchange, keeping in mind the higher fees. Either that or spam Trade and see if someone wants to do the same but reversed (they have gold on Horde and want it on Alliance).

I've used both methods pretty successfully (although the latter can take more time and has more risk associated with it, which is why I ask to see both toons, the gold and do it incrementally, slowly increasing the amount you trade at a time).