Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the tier set bonus that made every Shadowfiend attack give you 3 orbs. It made for a really fun cooldown, and a really engaging burst sequence while it lasted. Make shadowfiend do that again.
    -- i7 4770k @4.3Ghz | GSKILL Trident 16GB 2400 | GTX 780ti SLI | 1TB Samsung EVO 840 | Maxumus VII Hero Z97 --

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krulani View Post
    I really liked the tier set bonus that made every Shadowfiend attack give you 3 orbs. It made for a really fun cooldown, and a really engaging burst sequence while it lasted. Make shadowfiend do that again.
    Would make Mindbender completely OP. Blizz changed that set bonus with the release of MoP pre patch. Also, sometimes Shadowfiend/Mindbender is buggy or retarded and finally it adds something I really CBA with and that is pet management. We are getting the other part of that set bonus back though via a talent.

I don't get why ppl are QQ about T3 talent. SWI is the most risk/reward one for single target. The other two have their niche. Mindbender is good on a few specific fights/roles but for the rest it isn't. Seems perfectly fine with it. And no I don't want proc shit baseline I want to choose for it. If I want to play proc base-line I just fire up my mage...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    They're removing breakpoints and having haste simply increase the damage by an equal amount.
    What makes you believe haste breakpoints are gone? Hit/exp breakpoints are gone, dot snapshotting is gone, but I heard nothing of haste breakpoints being gone.

I also agree with the Shadow spec changing Hymn of Hope to a VE-style CD. Not only does it mean we don't have to stop DPS when it's needed, which always ends up being burn phases for me, but rewards you for doing better dps.
    If I were to believe these forums the ability of your raid leader and you to plan ahead for a HoH seems like one only available in my guild. I refuse to believe that. If you are forced to pop your HoH during a burn phase where your damage would matter that is poor planning. The raid-wide DPS loss is either worth the mana for the healers or it is not. There is nothing in between these 2 variables. So its just QQ from people who care about their personal DPS and who don't like a specific utility. Boomkin has to channel Tranquility, with Innervate being instant. Should we remove channeling of Tranq too?

Back in TBC, I loved how being a good mana battery depended on you doing as much damage as possible. I rebelled when they took out mana battery and made VE a CD, but tbh it actually feels a lot better as a CD, and having a mana battery CD tied to your dps feels good too. I get the comment about scaling mana returns make it meaningless, but that can be solved by tuning. Make it really lacklustre if you suck, around where it is now if you're average (normal mode raider), or a fair bit better (10-15% better) if you're a true gangster. (heroic/mythic raider)
    Revitalize is gone from every class and every spec. The only two AoE mana gains are HoH and Mana Tide. The rest is all single target mana returns. It won't return, you're just being nostalgic here.

Can we have a non-silence interrupt? It feels really bad on Empowered MC on Garrosh when I literally can't help for most of the time. I can see why people would scream about this in PvP. Perhaps make a glyph? It feels annoying having to glyph my spells to use them for PvE when I don't care about PvP, but it's a solution they've used in the past, and it wouldn't be required for every fight.
    Interrupting isn't our strength. With a 45 sec CD our role is best to be on backup duty or perhaps long CD interrupts (say every minute). Other classes have more reliable and better interrupts except boomkin who has 1 min AoE. Warlock has to spec for it, hunter has to spec for it. Melee got the interrupt niche. Its just mages who got a reliable one: 24 sec CD on theirs without having to spec for it.

Add mechanics to allow for Crit-style, Mastery-style, and Haste-style gameplay. It's annoying, especially when first gearing, to know that certain items that are higher ilvl add nothing to your dps when they have the wrong stat mix. (I shouldn't say nothing, but there's no synergy so you don't feel the increase except on the meter.)
    5.4 provided this!!

Bring back the MB cast-time reduction for the procced Mind Spikes. I used to love that, now MS isn't even bound.
    If you don't use MS much thats fine. Its a niche spell. If you haven't gotten MS bound then you are doing something wrong because it means you never cast it nor do you ever use FDCL (= both wrong). It will be even more wrong in 6.0 due to T100 talents.

Give us something to do on aoe that isn't just Mind Sear. Multidotting should be great for 2-3 targets, but after that it becomes more onerous than anything else. Make Mind Sear extend the length of your DoTs by an equivalent amount of the mind sear channel, so if your MS ticks every 1.5s, make each tick add 1.5s to our DoTs. Useless to use single-target, but it means that MS is a filler spell instead of our only AoE.
    I agree, but boomkin has the same issue except their AoE is almost never viable. The spreading of the dot like The Fallen Protectors have should suffice.

Honestly I really like Shadow
    I don't think you like the current disadvantages it has over other specs. In order to appreciate the spec you need to take the disadvantages enough to take them for granted, to accept you having them. Unless they are unreasonable. I believe I have proven above they are not unreasonable.

and I don't mind the mobility limitations, I think that other classes need theirs looked at instead. I wish we had the interrupt utility. I think if they paid more attention to Mass Dispel, we could shine in that regard, without it being overwhelmingly overpowered. I like a long-cooldown (1-2m) high cost but great utility feel for the spell. What if it removed certain mechanics, but put a debuff on the player, similar to paladins. This debuff would be placed even on players that don't have anything to dispel, so careful management would be required and stacking priests would be pointless.
    I am fine with MD being useful on ~15% of the fights. Its currently useful on 3 fights during progress (AFAIK) Thok being the most prominent but also Immerseus and Fallen Protectors.

That's my wishlist, I suppose. My interim wishlist is to find out what's going to happen to all the spirit on my gear. will it be rerolled into the stats that are already there? Or changed to one of the newer secondary stats, like readiness? I think readiness is going to factor into our gearing heavily, if it lowers the CD on Mind Blast.
    Readiness would be a terrible tertiary stat, and wasn't in the list either
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Are more tertiary stats being considered than the 5 we've been shown thus far?
    This list we have at this time is not set in stone, but currently includes: Leech (heal on damage dealt), Inspiration (heal on damage received), Cleave (extra damage to additional targets), Sturdiness (reduced durability damage), Speed (movement speed), and Avoidance (reduced area effect damage taken).
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2013-12-01 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    What makes you believe haste breakpoints are gone? Hit/exp breakpoints are gone, dot snapshotting is gone, but I heard nothing of haste breakpoints being gone.
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...52253479575552
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...73285847830528

Deleted
    Thanks. Had to look up who that is.... Jay Wilson on the WoW team. We're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Thanks. Had to look up who that is.... Jay Wilson on the WoW team. We're doomed.
    He's not Jay Wilson.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    He's not Jay Wilson.
    http://wowpedia.org/Chadd_Nervig

https://www.threadmeters.com/wow/v-a...n_PvP_comment/

Hmmm...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should either scrap the "spell spam while mobile" that other casters have altogether, or let priests have some form of their own "cast while moving" ability. It is such a huge weakness for us, and while I'm generally against a lot of class homogenization, I don't mind it if it helps a current problem.

I mean, if you have a mobile fight, stack hunters and basically any caster other than shadow priests (if you don't already do that for most fights anyway). It sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krulani View Post
    Thats another thing. They need to do something about our fiend. It feels so clunky with our current kit. Its a totally random spell. I am fond of it, but. It just doesn't fit. I can't think of any solution to it either. Maybe if it had a chance to refresh dots, or cleaved for AoE situations or something when glyphed or talented. Right now its just a "meh hit it on CD I hope it can keep up to the boss if its mobile" button.

I mostly do pvp, all my pve this expansion comes from LFR
    This is what I want:
    - small increase to single-target. Should help both pvp and pve, and/or reduce CD on Shadowf(r)iend
    - freedom. Nothing too OP, I just want to get out of a warriors bladestorm while disperion is on CD, but I'm getting slowed by bloodbath. Something sort of like talented Fade. While I do like it, I have to give up other movement speed increases, which is meh and it doesnt provide anything for teammates (bleh, who am I kidding, I dont do much arena, but friends and strangers in BGs then)
    - a change to dispersion. This is a next-to immune spell, so ofc you give up your damage while dispersed. Thats fine, mages and hunters do the same. Except that mages and hunters don't get CCd while using their defensives. Bleh.
    - would it be possible to reduce the cast time on VP, or at least do something to our dependancy of getting VP up in order to get mana?
    - let us cast Flash Heal in shadow form. Boomkins and shamans dont have to change forms or whatever, and use a CGD in order to heal themselves or a friend.

Last but not least - I want a glyph to alter the color of shadowform. I want to have a greenish glow to me rather than purple (im using the glyph that makes the purple a little less). Oh, that would be so cool (sort of in love with green warlocks, they just look amazing with their green stuff all over the place, luckily for me I play with just such a warlock so I get to behold that wonderful sight quite often )

Sometimes I want to do a celebratory dance because I have ... killed warriors. Alone. It feels great. Duelled 2 warriors as well (one is 13/14 hc with prot main spec) and went 1-1 against them both. I feel sort of ... happy .. I guess?