Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Thumbs up Prestige Elite Leveling

    I believe Blizzard should create a prestige leveling system, in 7.0 once the level cap after 6.0 is 100, go into elite leveling, max Elite level being 60, giving a bit more wiggle room for future expansions. Just a random idea What does everyone think?


    I would think it'd be pretty interesting being an elite.

  2. #2
    What do you mean wiggle room? They possess the technology to boost the max level over 100.

  3. #3
    yes that is true, but come on I would hate to run around being a level 110.

  4. #4
    Something similar to D3 I think is what he's thinking of. Blizzard obviously can do it. Maybe it wouldn't be the WORST idea to have that kind of leveling system. After 100, it may be a little.... I don't know... strange?
    Pokemon Y FC: 0791 - 2268 - 4024
    PM me if you add me so I can get you back
    My RP Characters: Tobias Greyfang Oliver Ogleton Gar Plainstrider

  5. #5
    1. It's a terrible idea.

    2. You want to be "elite"? Join a hardcore progression guild or whatever the PvP equivalent is.

  6. #6
    So....Diablo 3?

    I wouldn't like it, I would however like it if it didn't improve your stats, but improved your character, gave cosmetic and quality of life rewards, I can get far more excited other a new shiny new model or portal or mount or whatever than after 10 hours I've gained 10 more strength or whatever, yawn.

    It also wouldn't have Elite anywhere near it, as the company they are, they can't say one thing is "elite" over the other. - levelling is for everyone, hence why heroic etc is an exception.

    I'd rather have "levelling" into changing your race into a subrace or class into a class variant of xyz for new appearances and flavour spells and so on.

  7. #7
    They could place the Gold Dragon on your portrait, and the idea of cosmetics would be nice. Some kind of xmog gear reward and titles would be nice.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyzik View Post
    yes that is true, but come on I would hate to run around being a level 110.
    Why? How is it any different than running around at 100, or 90, or any other number? Because 110 has three digits?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    I wouldn't like it, I would however like it if it didn't improve your stats, but improved your character, gave cosmetic and quality of life rewards, I can get far more excited other a new shiny new model or portal or mount or whatever than after 10 hours I've gained 10 more strength or whatever, yawn.
    This is more or less right, but not because of personal preference. Blizzard can't offer significant stat/combat bonuses for some kind of "prestige" level because it messes up their entire concept of balance and gear-based character strength. This is a very different environment to Diablo where levels are concerned.

  10. #10
    I agree that beyond level 100 an alternate advancement system is needed. They might have the technology to go beyond 100 (I believe the game has a hard cap of 255 or some such) but it's psychologically quite daunting for new players to reach level 100. More than that would be overwhelming for a lot of people.
    Disclaimer: No I'm not Alliance. I reserve the right to bat for both factions thank you very much.


  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans CosmicGuitars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canada.
    Posts
    2,577
    They're not going to just arbitrarily stop adding new levels at 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Tchoo tchoo motherfuckers.

  12. #12
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,369
    Quote Originally Posted by dangelo37 View Post
    Something similar to D3 I think is what he's thinking of. Blizzard obviously can do it. Maybe it wouldn't be the WORST idea to have that kind of leveling system. After 100, it may be a little.... I don't know... strange?
    Why? Honestly, you feeling "strange" is not an actual argument. And "It would be cool" is neither
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post

    2. You want to be "elite"? Join a hardcore progression guild or whatever the PvP equivalent is.
    trying to insult someone by using his words for your benefit is wrong.

    he's not saying anything about hardcore prog or w/e. he's saying he want elite lvls after 100 so the number doesnt go higher

  14. #14
    Herald of the Titans Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    2,838
    Maybe adding something that gave cosmetic rewards outside of regular leveling would be nice, but for it to replace regular leveling? Hmm..


  15. #15
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I agree that beyond level 100 an alternate advancement system is needed. They might have the technology to go beyond 100 (I believe the game has a hard cap of 255 or some such) but it's psychologically quite daunting for new players to reach level 100. More than that would be overwhelming for a lot of people.
    Hm..so 95 is ok but 100 is daunting? Well, I guess people are strange.

    So you want to rather lure them into a false security where thy think they are fine and dandy hitting lv 100 in x-pac 8.0 but then comes the kicker when they find out "Now you gotta grind 20 elite prestige levels which kinda were like as if you had to grind to lv 120, but we were holding that info back because we thought you can't handle it psychologically" WUT?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  16. #16
    Immortal Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Just outside of Wigan, England.
    Posts
    7,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I agree that beyond level 100 an alternate advancement system is needed. They might have the technology to go beyond 100 (I believe the game has a hard cap of 255 or some such) but it's psychologically quite daunting for new players to reach level 100. More than that would be overwhelming for a lot of people.
    thats only what you have seen in private servers, there is nothing stopping blizzard going further than that if they wanted.
    in fact they could alter the amount of XP gained from various sources, and you could get one level per expansion if they so desired.

  17. #17
    Immortal Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    7,969
    What if Blizzard removed Levels & added in a new progression path ??

  18. #18
    Pandaren Monk Moosie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,856
    I don't understand the problem with having normal levels past 100? a lot of other MMOs go past 100 without making it a big issue just fine.
    Moosie <After Hours> : Feral / Restoration

  19. #19
    They already have alternate forms of leveling. They are called rep grinds.

    SO you want leveling, rep grinds, and "elite leveling"? It doesn't make sense to me. Just add another rep grind if that makes you happy, I guess.

  20. #20
    Bloodsail Admiral Ethes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan (日本東京)
    Posts
    1,128
    Not sure what you mean with 'elite' levels to begin with tbh...

    Care to eleborate a bit more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbringer O'Mrogg
    Left: Me Hungry.
    Right: You're always hungry. That's why we're so fat!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •