Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    I didn't even know hotels carried cash. Don't people just pay with credit cards like civilized people?
    Not everyone has a credit card or equivalent, especially in lower income areas. If this ghetto hotel is similar to the ghetto hotels in my area, a good portion of the clientele are probably breaking the law in the hotel (prostitution, drug dealing, etc). Those types of people tend to deal in straight cash for obvious reasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its hard to really say, as I'm not in the OP's situation, but I'd definitely be looking for other work! Though I'm not sure if I'd quit the current job until I'd found an alternative. It depends how secure you actually feel, did people rob the Hotel, or the staff? if its 'just' the hotel, then you smile and let them take what they want, anything taken should be insured. if they robbed te staff, is your stuff insured? Often robberies are desperate people needing money (espeically if there is drugs involved) a lot of the time they aren't there to hurt anyone.

But yet, find another job ASAP - even if you need to take a pay cut for it. In the mean time can you afford to leave your job? and if you do stay are your personal belongings insured? leave all valuables at home etc.

Deleted
    quit the stupid job

Pretty sure this isnt the kind of hotel where you spend the night. You pay be the hour, ifyouknowhatimean.

I work at 711 over nights, If I didnt work where i do, next to a police station i would quit
    if you fear for your life, dont work there

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'd be looking for another job or to enrol in a course.
    Either way. Don't leave your job until you find something else, unless you feel too unsafe.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Pro tip OP, it's easier to find a better job than a job, by which I mean: keep the job you have for the moment, BUT start looking for a new one, and the reason for leaving is that 'it's time to move up a bit, to a safer environment'. Don't shittalk your current employers (even if they don't give a shit about your safety), just play it like it's time to progress a bit and that you'd like this job as it's a little safer.
    That way you seem to have big boy pants on, and big boy pants go a long way.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people may be willing to do a lot for a paycheck, but I don't think it should be held in higher priority over safety in many cases... If it's leaving someone alone overnight in a place that may likely have something happen again and not even a seciruty camera, hell no.. I would not be staying.

If the cameras magically stopped running after the robbery that is really weird and suspicious to me.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I won't lie, you might just get fired for not defending the cash register with your life. I really wish I was joking but that seems to be the case when a store gets robbed or something in the dead of night and the first thing the manager gravitates to is the damn cashier to make sure it isn't robbed and then give you a lecture about not following company procedure when it does.
    Last edited by Conspicuous Cultist; 2013-10-29 at 01:57 AM. Reason: lol, cashier. Nobody cares about the cashier

Where do you live in PA I am from the Lehigh Valley area and forsure I would leave