Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I think there's a language barrier here, but it sounds like you guys were killing mines before because you thought they were too hard to deal with, and you switched to killing lasers instead. Well, the mines are completely doable without a raid full of engineers. Also, dealing with mines isn't significantly harder with or without the fire on the platform. Either you control the mines, (which you can do without engineering) or you don't.
    The big mine killed into 2 small ones. when there's fire on platform, the raid pressure is more than you don't have fire. That's why when you leave mines they are more dangerous. You have less safety place to run away from mines and put blades.

- - - Updated - - -

Unlimited stun with no descend is enough, right?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQQ0pi76trg
    proof here.

Ignore the contrarians who just like to argue because it gets them off

I don't know about 10, but in 25 the Mine controlling / AoE-ing is not an issue, with or without Laser & EMP, so I don't see the big fuss about Engineers bring an extra CC here.

Quote Originally Posted by MapleEve View Post
    The big mine killed into 2 small ones. when there's fire on platform, the raid pressure is more than you don't have fire. That's why when you leave mines they are more dangerous. You have less safety place to run away from mines and put blades.
    I know what the heroic mechanics are. As I said, it looks like you guys were letting mines chase people? Probably why you were finding mines so hard to deal with. No, mines do not need to be kited, they must be controlled. You can do this with or without engineering. Some classes are very good at it, some aren't. If you control the mines, they're the easiest mechanic to handle of the 4 possibilities.

There may be an argument for 10 mans that mines are harder to deal with, but that's another discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was under the impression that the mines don't have CC DR anyway, at least that's what one of our raiders said the other day. Whether or not that is true I can't say I fear :<
    But nontheless, like many already said, the mines are easy to handle anyway, if you don't have a really poorly suited raid setup (talking about 25H here). Engineers surely add a nice extra controll to the fight if you have 'em, but they it surely also works quite well without them.

Especially with increasing gear levels, some mechanics (including mines) get more forgiveable. We even had 2 (TWO!) shields in our firstkill on the boss, because the assembly line was like 1 sec too late (but we got no extra-weapon) and still managed to kill him just after the 12th assembly line.

Deleted
    This tac works well if you want to bring melee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MapleEve View Post
    One simple Belt Enchant turned Spider Mine into dumbass.
    Sec, using Google translate.

You do realise that the mines usually die within 8 seconds after spawning and they are one of the easiest parts of the encounter anyways?

Deleted
    I actually think it's an intresting find.

And holy shit this forum. As soon as someone without perfect english makes a thread or a post, so many of you guys totally dismiss whatever it may be.

in before gets nerfed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dyzz View Post
    I guess people forgot how broken Engineering was on H:LK lol
    NORMAL

N O R M A L

stop making things up

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I actually think it's an intresting find.

And holy shit this forum. As soon as someone without perfect english makes a thread or a post, so many of you guys totally dismiss whatever it may be.
    Wrong, we are dismissing it because it is complete bullshit. The mines are the easiest part of the fight. He is making it sound like removing the threat of mine deaths makes the fight a joke and I can tell you that it still took my guild 130 attempts while using those every attempt.

He has yet to provide logs for HIS guild where he said how easy it was for them. Once he does then I will take him a little more seriously.

Using the EMP hardly makes the fight easier, it makes it easier to kill the mines, but that shouldn't be a problem anyway. It isn't hard because of the mines in the first place and if you have a few Boomkins/Ele Shamans/Warlocks they are already trivial.

From attempting to read the broken English of the OP I think he is saying they usually kill the mines on the conveyor belt and deal with the laser and missiles on the platform, but using the EMPs they are able to let the mines go through and kill the missile/laser, essentially removing a mechanic from the fight. I don't know if that is some sort of tactic from the Asian servers with their different ilvl/scaling but the normal tactic on US/EU is to let the mines go through, so it's not really something new you've discovered.

The real exploit to make this fight easier comes from something else, however that may have been fixed with the weekly maintenance last night.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-10-30 at 12:13 AM.

Mines are not an issue anyway. Fight can be overgeared alot now anyway. No hotfixes need to be made.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Using the EMP hardly makes the fight easier. It isn't hard because of the mines in the first place and if you have a few Boomkins/Ele Shamans/Warlocks they are already trivial.

The real exploit to make this fight easier comes from something else, however that may have been fixed with the weekly maintenance last night.
    Not sure if hunter disengage or other trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Not sure if hunter disengage or other trick.
    Not Hunter disengage. Honestly that isn't really anything gamebreaking since you still require the same amount of people on the conveyor belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Mines are not an issue anyway. Fight can be overgeared alot now anyway. No hotfixes need to be made.
    If you have a DK tank the fight becomes ridiculously harder.

Not Hunter disengage. Honestly that isn't really anything gamebreaking since you still require the same amount of people on the conveyor belt.

If you have a DK tank the fight becomes ridiculously harder.

Well I don't know the US/EU tactics early, but for wave 8, 10 and 11, mines are the fail point.
    This EMP just to make mines more controllable. Even in 10-man mode.

Can you elaborate on what you're referring to? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Wrong, we are dismissing it because it is complete bullshit. The mines are the easiest part of the fight. He is making it sound like removing the threat of mine deaths makes the fight a joke and I can tell you that it still took my guild 130 attempts while using those every attempt.

He has yet to provide logs for HIS guild where he said how easy it was for them. Once he does then I will take him a little more seriously.
    He posted a video already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQQ0pi76trg

Using that tactic, they killed every laser on the belt and so the range camp had little to no movement needed. Think that's the point he wants to tell us...

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    He posted a video already: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQQ0pi76trg

Using that tactic, they killed every laser on the belt and so the range camp had little to no movement needed. Think that's the point he wants to tell us...
    I'm not seeing it , druid UV achieves the same thing more or less.