[Resto] Tree needs help

Hello everyone,

I know there are a lot of threads about druids sharing their armory/logs and asking assistance but I'm kinda desperate atm. On most fights in SoO I end up with the lowest Healing Done so I was wondering if you can check my armory/logs and inform me if it's about gearing/talents/gemming or my healing style. I'm currently building up my gear to get the 13k haste breakpoint but I think it will be achievable once I get the legendary cloak and tier helm. Still not sure if the cloak, 4set bonus and 13k haste breakpoint will make a huge difference since with my current gear, my healing done is almost half of our priests' and that really annoys me. According to my gear I expect some more but I think I'm making terrible mistakes so I need some advices if you can spare some time.

Thanks.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%c3%b4n/simple
    (I use Soul of the Forest, not the Treants, I was trying something last night and forgot to change it.)

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/qm03k...6el/details/4/
    (Here is my logs on a 11 boss kill last wednesday.)
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/zgs5m...cie/details/5/
    (Here is last 3 bosses of yesterday's raid.)

Deleted
    Checking your armory you have a bit extra mastery than you should have- You should stay as near to 3043 as possible and then stack mastery.
    Also you should change your gems and go for mastery gems or mixed with mastery not the intelect ones.

checking the logs:
    You have a good uptime on harmony with +95% even more sometimes, but you should greatly improve lifebloom uptime a lot, on some bosses is really low and should be like harmony and be as near as 100% as possible so you have more CC procs
    And also you should use ironbark and barskin as much as possible to low incoming damage

There is more things to check but i havent done this to much times so maybe someone else can help too

Armory looks okay. You could probably afford to lose some spirit gems and the haste gem and go for mastery instead. With the gear you have there's no point in trying to go for the 13k haste breakpoint. Glyphs look good. Talents look sensible (which really just means that you are using Ysera's Gift and not using Dream of Cenarius, as the rest is mostly personal preference).

Looking at the logs:

- You should be keeping Lifebloom up at all times. You're losing out on a lot of cheap healing and Clearcasting procs, as well as potential AoE healing during Nature's Vigil. Do whatever you did on Spoils on every fight.

- Harmony uptime is overall good, but could be better on some fights. It doesn't fall off very often, but when it does it usually takes a while before you get it back up.

- Defensive cooldowns aren't used enough. You used Barkskin three times and Ironbark once in 11 kills. 20% may not seem like a lot, but every bit helps and both spells are free and off the GCD. Just spam Ironbark on the tank if nothing else.

- You use Innervate too late, costing you uses. If you pop it at ~80% mana, you'll be able to get a second use of it on most fights. Right now you're wasting a lot of mana, which is something you can't afford to do judging by your gemming. Use Innervate early and often. If you find that you don't actually need it, get rid of 2-3k spirit.

- As with Innervate, you save Tranquility and Nature's Vigil too long. Use them earlier and you'll get more uses. You could have used Tranquility on the first stacking phase on Thok, for example, and would still have had it ready again for when you actually first used it. The same trend goes for most fights: you save your cooldowns for the end of the fight, when you could have used them earlier and still have had them up again by the time you need them. Use them to conserve mana if nothing else.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Wow thank you for your time and quick response. I knew it was something about Lifebloom but I can't keep it up sometimes and even if I manage I can't use CC procs efficiently. Think I should improve that. Still don't think the only reason is that, maybe things will change after the legendary cloak since it has overheling stuff on it and mostly i'm the top overhealer thx to my hots.

Deleted
    You shouldn't really be frustrated by Disc Priests killing you on healing when still doing normal. Disc Priest and Paladins can "steal" a lot of healing by absorbing, but as soon as you hit heroic, where the absorbs wont be enough for the damage taken, you should be able to keep up with the rest of the healers

Deleted
    as mikloeN said don't be frustated by Disc priest and holy paladins. I usually 3 heal with a DPriest and a HPaly and on nearly all bosses i cant do much, but on bosses that we 2 heal I usually heal much more than them. Just think that if they booble everything there is no damage to heal so you can't do nothing

yeah really you are up to around 70% overhealing, this is mostly due to disc priests and holy palas idd.

What I would suggest is that you start using dream of cenarius more, use a couple of rejuvenations on people that seem to need it, use swiftmend + WG on swiftmend CD, and just spam wrath as a filler, while handling the little extra healing that needs to be done it helps your raid kill the boss slightly faster even if it might only be 20-40k dps increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranks View Post
    as mikloeN said don't be frustated by Disc priest and holy paladins. I usually 3 heal with a DPriest and a HPaly and on nearly all bosses i cant do much, but on bosses that we 2 heal I usually heal much more than them. Just think that if they booble everything there is no damage to heal so you can't do nothing
    Yeaah I believe that's the main problem. When we 2 heal on 10 mans I even outheal disc priests, they just shield everyone and dont let us heal..So I'm not that bad after all, it's just priests being cheaters then. Thanks guys, much appreciated

yeah really you are up to around 70% overhealing, this is mostly due to disc priests and holy palas idd.

What I would suggest is that you start using dream of cenarius more, use a couple of rejuvenations on people that seem to need it, use swiftmend + WG on swiftmend CD, and just spam wrath as a filler, while handling the little extra healing that needs to be done it helps your raid kill the boss slightly faster even if it might only be 20-40k dps increase.

As far as I'm concerned HotW is for adding dps during BL phase where the other healer can cover for you, for the end where every dps counts, adding an extra one is a good thing to do. Also a good cooldown for heavy aoe phases, sadly a bit too long CD, but if you use it for dps in the start and healing in the end of a fight it is used twice eitherway, and adds lots of utility.
    dream of cenarius is to make wrath your filler spell, as currently it's better to cast rejuvs at a 60% rate or so rather than casting other spells, with wrath you can rather just spam this as a filler spell and throw some rejuvs at the tanks and just cast wrath. Some additional damage, but nice smart healing.
    Nature's vigil, in terms of dps, practically useless, in terms of healing it is the best out there, with hotw being a close 2nd. the 25% extra in smart healing from single target spells and overall 12% extra healing increase can really burst up your hps in times of need and to the right people too.

dream of cenarius is very good though if your raid suffers from too many healers and you don't have an offspecc, and dpsing without it is just gonna make it harder for the other healers.

Oh and your lifebloom should get bumped up to around 80% uptime at least, even if you don't have 3 lifeblooms up, just having one up for clearcasting procs on whoever is a good increase of mana regen at least.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    If there's so little to heal that you're seriously considering picking Dream of Cenarius, you should just have one of the healers go DPS for that fight. If healing isn't what's preventing you from progressing, bringing one more DPS is going to be a lot more beneficial than a reserve healer casting offensive spells.

Especially when the quality of the DPS is as inconsistent as it seems to be in the raid in question. Some of the DPS are doing twice as much as others on every fight, and a lot of the fights are dragging on longer than they should. Comparing the fight durations with our kills this week, almost every fight is lasting 1-2 minutes longer. It should not take you eight minutes to kill Thok on normal.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Oh and your lifebloom should get bumped up to around 80% uptime at least, even if you don't have 3 lifeblooms up, just having one up for clearcasting procs on whoever is a good increase of mana regen at least.
    I know I should keep it on tanks which is rational but I always wondered if maybe i can cast 1 stack on myself for sometime just for cc procs. I will try that tonight. As for the DoC, I have never used it since we're ok with dps but I can try on a flex run to see if it changes anything. Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nargrith View Post
    I know I should keep it on tanks which is rational but I always wondered if maybe i can cast 1 stack on myself for sometime just for cc procs. I will try that tonight. As for the DoC, I have never used it since we're ok with dps but I can try on a flex run to see if it changes anything. Thanks.
    Don't do that. You should really aim to keep it on the tank who is taking the most damage. It is a really cheap spell, but if you keep it on the tank tanking the boss e.g. and you have a good uptime at >90% it will do a lot of healing and furthermore provide a lot of CC states, which will boost your healing even more.
    I really like to use SoTF + a Lifebloom refresh if I know that the tank is going to take heavy damage - this combo is really strong and gives you a lot healing.

Dont go and use the DoC talent. You can use it in LFR/Scenarioes/Flex maybe, but it is not worth anything in raiding. The talents is simply not strong enough and is completely useless when you hit heroic, so keep on optimizing your playstyle and get ready for some heavy AoE damage on heroic instead

Quote Originally Posted by mikloeN View Post
    Don't do that. You should really aim to keep it on the tank who is taking the most damage. It is a really cheap spell, but if you keep it on the tank tanking the boss e.g. and you have a good uptime at >90% it will do a lot of healing and furthermore provide a lot of CC states, which will boost your healing even more.
    I really like to use SoTF + a Lifebloom refresh if I know that the tank is going to take heavy damage - this combo is really strong and gives you a lot healing.

Dont go and use the DoC talent. You can use it in LFR/Scenarioes/Flex maybe, but it is not worth anything in raiding. The talents is simply not strong enough and is completely useless when you hit heroic, so keep on optimizing your playstyle and get ready for some heavy AoE damage on heroic instead
    DoC goes into normal, and it works even as a filler spell when there isn't need for spamming rejuvs all over the place. Sadly the damage from hotw is way stronger, rarely doing over 10 mil damage with it, while HotW during BL does 14-16 mil damage. Also there are fights on HC that doesn't have much aoe damage.... Sha of pride, dark shamans, nazgrim. And considering output sure it is weaker than the 2 others, but don't underestimate a smart heal. Not sure how you consider it a good idea to throw worthless heals as they go on people who barely take damage, over throwing a heal and healing up minor injuries.

Also with the lifebloom, having them up on the boss was not even an option, obviously having them up on the tanks/or a target taking constant damage, but in the case of it falling off the tank, is it worth recasting it once on yourself, rather than not having it up at all.

Thank you so much guys, I will keep in mind your advices

Besides whats been pointed out of low mastery and LB uptimes I see on klaxxi u only used tranq once (10 min fight). I think that is fine if ur learning the fight, but after you get the hang of it you could be using it more proactively and more often. Again, Barksking/Ironbark/NS should be used (couldn't find any usage of that on siegecraft for instance).

One last thing I noticed: ur overheal is waay to high! Siegecraft: 80% overheal from WG? Jeez, thats a LOT of mana wasted right there. 77% on Rejuv? Damn. 84% on tranquility? waste. Numbers are almost as high on the Klaxxi. You guys are clearly fighting over things to heal, may want to suggest dropping a healer on these fights to your RL... Another option, instead of going mindless SM+WG spam with SoTF, switch to Inc to cover for burst (spam RG if u need)... 80% overheal seems way too much imo.
    Last edited by land; 2013-10-30 at 03:41 PM.

Change your trinket setup,

You're using the cleave trinket for every fight when it's ideal for only stacked fights. Reevaluate the fights and raid strategies where you can effectively use Thok's trinket. Else a mana trinket will probably help you better in allowing you to be more aggressive with heals.

Deleted
    DoC goes into normal, and it works even as a filler spell when there isn't need for spamming rejuvs all over the place. Sadly the damage from hotw is way stronger, rarely doing over 10 mil damage with it, while HotW during BL does 14-16 mil damage. Also there are fights on HC that doesn't have much aoe damage.... Sha of pride, dark shamans, nazgrim. And considering output sure it is weaker than the 2 others, but don't underestimate a smart heal. Not sure how you consider it a good idea to throw worthless heals as they go on people who barely take damage, over throwing a heal and healing up minor injuries.

Also with the lifebloom, having them up on the boss was not even an option, obviously having them up on the tanks/or a target taking constant damage, but in the case of it falling off the tank, is it worth recasting it once on yourself, rather than not having it up at all.
    I don't understand your point.. You say that it is not worth throwing worthless heals, but isn't it the exact same thing you do if you have time to spam wrath with DoC?
    As soon as the raid starts taking damage you will immediately switch to your healing spells again, so anyway you put it, your DoC will just go straight into overheal anyway. With one of the other talents, you can still do damage AND you have a very powerful raidCD if the raid drops low.

Quote Originally Posted by mikloeN View Post
    I don't understand your point.. You say that it is not worth throwing worthless heals, but isn't it the exact same thing you do if you have time to spam wrath with DoC?
    As soon as the raid starts taking damage you will immediately switch to your healing spells again, so anyway you put it, your DoC will just go straight into overheal anyway. With one of the other talents, you can still do damage AND you have a very powerful raidCD if the raid drops low.
    there will still be some healing from doc, on par with nourish pretty much, slightly stronger. But most likely just hotw during BL will turn out with a higher dps though.