Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Red face Garrosh killed 20th October! Only normal but damn proud of my guild!

We had a few days wiping on Garrosh, but finally everything just clicked! We're now 1/14 hc and very soon to be 2 or 3 out of 14!

youtube.com/watch?v=4C3IvY3BWhc

Quote Originally Posted by Nubzie View Post
    We had a few days wiping on Garrosh, but finally everything just clicked! We're now 1/14 hc and very soon to be 2 or 3 out of 14!

Grats to you and your guild

Quote Originally Posted by Nubzie View Post

Congrats. We just recently killed it on normal as well and are 2/14 heroic ourselves. A lot of people are saying that the first few heroic bosses are easier than Garrosh normal.

Signature Created by Jassinta

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats, were stuck on siegemaster for the time being. Good luck on the hardmodes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Congrats. We just recently killed it on normal as well and are 2/14 heroic ourselves. A lot of people are saying that the first few heroic bosses are easier than Garrosh normal.
    We've had less wipes than garrosh (40) on any of the first 8 heroics. This doesn't mean that they are all easier than Garrosh though. But I do agree that some definitely are. Dark Shaman is definitely a step up, as it's the first boss where you can't really afford to make many mistakes (as they often will one shot you). Then you get to Malkorok HC and you can't really carry a single person. Dps check may not be too high.. but damn a single mistake from any raid member has the potential to wipe you.

my old guild just killed 5/14 HC but they still haven't managed to kill Garrosh normal (a few of the old members remade the guild and had Garrosh down from before the reform) so yea ur on to a good few weeks now with HC bosses falling over

Gratz on the kill.

Congrats! Our guild managed garrosh normal after about 2 nights of constant wiping, we are now 4/14hc
    Weirdly, we went Immerseus > Norushen > Council of pandas > Sha of pride, we had a really hard time on the pandas for some reason.

Who cares if its normal, you rate your success at your level, and its still success grts

10+ Year Old Account
    The entire instance is actually very linear in how ur suppose to progress. Typically not skipping around bosses. But it honestly is based on your guild group comp. Fallen Protectors is a pretty healing intensive fight for a starting heroic so 3 healing that is nice but your dps/tanks need to be baller to handle everything else precisely. We 2 heal the fight now but honestly with our gear we blow it up.

If your guild is anything like mine you will find some fights harder or easier than others. Like for us it took us longer to kill Heroic Spoils than it did for Heroic Thok lol.. you just never know.

Deleted
    Congratulations! As a former raider that doesn't even play anymore I can understand how you feel. I wish you the best for the rest (intended rhyme)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Memnarch View Post
    Congratulations! As a former raider that doesn't even play anymore I can understand how you feel. I wish you the best for the rest (intended rhyme)!!!
    Thanks, I needed some cheese for my sandwich as I continue to browse the forums =P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats! My main guild is 5/14H but when we killed garrosh it was a VERY happy moment within the guild so I know exactly how you feel. Ride that mount with pride!!!

Grats guys! nothing beats the feeling of accomplishment you get when you're surrounded by friends in killing a raidboss
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    Gratz!
    Hopefully he goes down for me aswell tonight

Gratz Might aswell add that Norushen and Iron Juggernaut are pretty much walkovers on HC.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Gratz Might aswell add that Norushen and Iron Juggernaut are pretty much walkovers on HC.
    They are all walkovers until final 3

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    They are all walkovers until final 3
    I wouldn't call Thok a walkover tbh. Healing is pretty intense without Paladin(s) for Devo and BoPs.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

15+ Year Old Account
    Huge congrats and good luck on the push through heroics!

Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    I wouldn't call Thok a walkover tbh. Healing is pretty intense without Paladin(s) for Devo and BoPs.
    I agree. I think the curve is pretty good at the end (post Nazrgim.) Malkorok is a definite step up, and Spoils requires a solid dps output and strategy. Neither are particularly hard, but they're not walkovers like the first ~6. Thok is yet another large step up. It puts a ton of pressure on your healers and is fairly unforgiving of positioning mistakes. You're right though, the last 3 are the most challenging. Siegecrafter is a massive step up from Thok, and Paragons has maintained the same level of challenge it did in our first ~30 attempts. We'll see how long the last 5 take us to execute.

@OP Grats man! GL on heroics!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Our GDKP run has 2 heroics down but havn't had time to pull garrosh yet. I fear that once we actually get to him he will be harder than the amount of heroic modes we'll have down by then - simply because we lack proper raidleading. (No offense to the guy leading the raid should he see this).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiah View Post
    I agree. I think the curve is pretty good at the end (post Nazrgim.) Malkorok is a definite step up, and Spoils requires a solid dps output and strategy. Neither are particularly hard, but they're not walkovers like the first ~6. Thok is yet another large step up. It puts a ton of pressure on your healers and is fairly unforgiving of positioning mistakes. You're right though, the last 3 are the most challenging. Siegecrafter is a massive step up from Thok, and Paragons has maintained the same level of challenge it did in our first ~30 attempts. We'll see how long the last 5 take us to execute.

@OP Grats man! GL on heroics!
    Funny thing about paragons is that the further you get the easier the fight is really (We had 1 wipe where we got to locust with 4 people dead on windreaver already and wiped on 16% to enrage) on our kill 30minutes later we had everyone alive with a minute+ on enrage - with the gear everyone has now (we've even been rather unlucky) the latter part of the fight seems a lot easier than the early part.