Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wasn't Lady Azshara named as a co-boss in Cataclysm?

I can't remember. Is it just me remembering things wrongly, or wasn't Azshara planned to be a villain alongside Deathwing in Cataclysm? Then later scrapped due to time.

A LOT of things were scrapped in cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Glad I'm not the only one who remembers stuff that didn't happen in Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure they said she'd have a presence, yeah.

Presumably more than the cameo with the recycled Vashj model.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we did...kinda...have her as dungeon boss...or well, her minions...and it was Caverns of time...but it was her, right? So, yeah...
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    You're mistaken, OP. At blizzcon there was a list, Major characters, and involved characters. Azshara was under the involved characters, although i think they definitely planned to give her more screen time than she actually got in cataclysm.

I don't understand why do they have to cut stuff? Why don't they just extend the life of the expansion? Does it really matter? Since we get content anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I don't understand why do they have to cut stuff? Why don't they just extend the life of the expansion? Does it really matter? Since we get content anyway.
    Because at that point they already determined Cataclysm to be a failure and just wanted to get it over with.

I just have this memory of seeing it on a Blizzard page about Cataclysm. Not sure why though. But yes, I think a lot was scrapped from Cata wasn't it.

Deleted
    New expansion = more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Because at that point they already determined Cataclysm to be a failure and just wanted to get it over with.
    Pre 4.0? 4.1?..
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

There was meant to be a whole water-realm raid which would have been awesome.

Really, if you go back and do the Cataclysm stuff after experiencing MoP you can really feel how lackluster the expansion was. It did do a lot of great things, but so much was rehashed, small and lacked creativity. In terms of raids, Firelands was the only really decent one and even that was about half the size it should have been.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to know just exactly went wrong behind the scenes that wrecked cataclysm's patch cycle, because something sure did.

Guess we will never know.

I believe our "city" in Cataclysm was supposed to be underwater - no? I remember seeing "new underwater cities" or something...

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    I would love to know just exactly went wrong behind the scenes that wrecked cataclysm's patch cycle, because something sure did.

Guess we will never know.
    I'd love to know also. Whatever it was, they reversed it for MoP which was brilliantly done from start to finish. With Cataclysm however, so much was cut and left out, or not done to the usual standard we have come to expect from Blizzard. I know the new 1-60 experience would have taken time, but there is only so far that excuse can go.

Expansion box sales make Blizzard a LOT of money. It's easy for it to sound cynical, but that's how it goes. You'll also notice that Blizzard cut a whole Cataclysm raid tier that we knew about - War of the Ancients - because of their halfway-through decision to shorten expansion raid cycles by one patch. This is also reflected in MoP, which has only two patch raid tiers, not three.

Cataclysm was a big ball of bad decision and late calls. Wouldn't have been so bad if they actually made the decision to cut content much, much earlier than they ended up doing. Instead, they dropped the ball, with both raid patches having lackluster raid content (by quantity, in particular) and 4.1 being a joke.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *insert witty and whimsical remark about dance studios also being cut from an expansion here*
    Butts.

Named as a major character... not a "co-Boss". in fact, I never heard the term "Co-Boss" ever in my life until now. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    *insert witty and whimsical remark about dance studios also being cut from an expansion here*
    The dance studio actually referred to Heigan's room :P

Quote Originally Posted by lei shi View Post
    the dance studio actually referred to heigan's room
    hah!! I love it! =D