1. #1
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    425

    Why is this allowed ?

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8048825992

    I was told in an Email from the EU team 'MVPs are not employed by Blizzard and have exactly the same rights and access as regular forum posters.'

    Is the above topic not a special right ?

    Not that I am against it ,but people get banned for less.

  2. #2
    Do you mean posting off-topic topics? I have seen pretty much all of those get locked, but I don't know of anyone getting banned for doing that, unless they're perhaps a repeat offender. Blizzard forum mods are pretty loose with the lock and redirect commands, but in my experience they're pretty lenient with actually banning people.

  3. #3
    Personally I see nothing special in this thread other than it is quite pointless.

    Only awkward thing is big amount of blue posts in quite a pointless thread. It isn't a secret that official EU forums is the wrong place for expressing feedback. Such blue post activity in pointless thread leaves me speechless.

  4. #4
    I don't get it. What's this about?

  5. #5
    Having one topic to post in isn't really a special right at all, no.
    How jealous can you get?

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Having one topic to post in isn't really a special right at all, no.
    How jealous can you get?
    Its not jealousy its about fairness and telling the truth.
    Also personally having been banned twice for making off topic threads.

    Which are added to your record and it's 3 strikes and your out.

    So being an MVP allows you to flaunt the forum rules.
    Because all the blue posters are your buddies'.

  7. #7
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,833
    I don't see what being an MVP has to do with this. That thread was started by a regular user, and there are many regular users posting in it.

    And while off-topic threads are usually not allowed, having a single "lounge" thread in a forum has been allowed for a long, long time.

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    I don't see what being an MVP has to do with this. That thread was started by a regular user, and there are many regular users posting in it.

    And while off-topic threads are usually not allowed, having a single "lounge" thread in a forum has been allowed for a long, long time.
    Anada is an MVP-CS so you are wrong on that one you can check.
    Granted he may have been a wanabe when he posted the thread.

    Now read the Quote from Blizz I posted in my OP.

    Could you show me where it says a single lounge post is allowed ?
    Would that be in the unwritten forum rules ?

  9. #9
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    Anada is an MVP-CS so you are wrong on that one you can check.
    Granted he may have been a wanabe when he posted the thread.

    Now read the Quote from Blizz I posted in my OP.

    Could you show me where it says a single lounge post is allowed ?
    Would that be in the unwritten forum rules ?
    Sorry, the Ananda that posted the thread appears to be a regular user to me. Now that I looked I can see that there's an MVP Ananda posting in the thread though, so I'm assuming they're different characters on the same account or whatever.

    Anyway, yeah, it's probably an unwritten rule. I don't specifically know Blizzard's forum rules very well, but the lounges have been around for a long time, and most aren't started by MVPs. Blizzard is very strict with them though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •