Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    88-90 go to the timeless isle, level up so quick

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP leveling aint bad unless you are doing it for 4th or 5th time than your like NOPE.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

15+ Year Old Account
    When I get to Dread Wastes, I just know things are gonna go much faster since that zone is amazing. But 87-89 wow, Kun'Lai must be THE worst zone in the game (Yes, even more shitty than Azshara) and Townlong steppes isn't far from the bottom either. My heart sinks when I arrive at Kunlai with it's depressing, bland, unimaginative environment/quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    88-90 go to the timeless isle, level up so quick
    What this man said, aoe down the spotted swamers in the south. (5 packs of them overall if you know where) Each one will give 2% of a level (unrested) and you kill all 5 in about 2 mins. Wait for respawn and go again. Its boring but you can liven it up by killing the rares and when you hit 90 you will have the timeless epics already. You can do this from 85, but your damage will be low it won't be effective. I suggest level to 87 then try it. I got 88-90 in 4 hours played, unrested. So if your rested i could see it easily done in 2 hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    I surprisingly haven't leveled many toons to max level this expansion, this being my 5th, 85-90 makes me want to die.

I finally hit 89, and I am 30% in, I just can't do it! I have to force myself. I want to be 90, start getting crap from timeless isle and crap, but at the same time, it's just aggravating.
    Ur addicted... i advise u seek help.

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    I'll just look it up when I get home, I can't take wowhead links at work or I would have just looked it up in the first place.

Thanks for trying to help, a quick explanation would have sufficed though haha

There are several Elite zones throughout all Pandaria. Each Elite mob gives you the amount of 1 quest. I did 85->86 on my rogue in 2 hours chaining Jade Forest's Elite snakes.

here is a rough filter on Wowhead, refine it as you prefer :
    http://tinyurl.com/llln3ya
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2013-10-28 at 04:35 PM.

I think people exaggerate 85-90, it's not that hard. In fact 89-90 is doable just by question for 3-4 hours if you really go for it. Despite the fact that you need less XP, I found 80-85 to be far more worse. The Cata-zones were just a pain for the most part, and leveling in Pandaria is really smooth and pretty fast. In fact you can pretty much get an alt up from 85-90 in a weekend or so, not that hard.

Folks who think leveling in this game has ever been grindy, hard, or truly time consuming lack perspective.

My aid changes time to time, but this last round has been running in windowed mode and watching Day9 Dailies in the background. Also YouTube "let's try"s of games that are on sale on Steam.

Funny Cataclysm completely killed all urge to level any alts whatsoever. Loved the Mists, Wrath and BC questlines don't get me wrong. Cataclysm's lore alone just makes me want to get up from my computer and walk away every time.

All I can suggest if you are feeling a similar feeling of why bother is the 2day rested exp burn strategy. Get the full rested bonus, invest in a complete heirloom set and level until rested falls off, save every single gold piece you earn on that toon until 90, repeat in 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I'll just look it up when I get home, I can't take wowhead links at work or I would have just looked it up in the first place.

Thanks for trying to help, a quick explanation would have sufficed though haha
    Basically they're grey items that vendor for 90-110g and they give you a massive chunk of xp depending on your level, from 300-800k xp a piece. A good way to finish off that last level when you're stuck or lose your drive. You can pick em up once per toon.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    I surprisingly haven't leveled many toons to max level this expansion, this being my 5th, 85-90 makes me want to die.

I finally hit 89, and I am 30% in, I just can't do it! I have to force myself. I want to be 90, start getting crap from timeless isle and crap, but at the same time, it's just aggravating.

Do I want to do dungeons? (note: I tank). Yes, kind of, but because the dps is mediocre and boss fights that should last 2-3 minutes last about 7-8 minutes. Why people are still pulling 20k dps between the levels of 87-90 is beyond me. I go ret on a boss fight that requires no tank, and pull 40k dps with an ilvl of 400, while another pally is approx 440 ilvl and does 22k. Wut?

Leveling is so stale. It is so stale that I start doing pet battles for exp. And I am not a huge fan. Then again, it is a tad bit fun after the first few, then it gets blah.

With pet battles I did 20% of my exp bar at 88, hahaha. Went to the timeless isle, whipped out my strand crab (op), and got 190k exp per battle there, approx 1% per fight so 20 pet battles.
    Scaling. Some classes just do crap during it.
    With affliction i couldn't really break much more than 20k dps being a freaking tryhard there. Swapped to demon, and did 60k dps. Still being tryhard, but some classes/specs just don't do much.
    Just so you don't bash everybody actually doing as much dps as they can.

Apart from that. Yes. Leveling sucks hard, and dungeon leveling is tremendously slow with 3% of your bar for each of them, during the last lvl.
    Is some questline i can't remember now where you have to discover 4 places, which give a fuckton of XP. Something like a full lvl, or so. Takes 20 minutes if a friend helps you with flying you around in a twoseater.
    If you're still struggling with leveling you could try to take a look on which quest it is with googling it down.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    I just did this a few days ago on my Brewmaster monk and it was.. so.. very.. painful. I can relate to the OP 100%. I literally did 88-90 by doing random dungeons and doing a few random quests/collecting things while waiting - the only thing that keps me going was Earl Grey and coffee :>

Personally, I feel the whole "you have to do quests in this area" design in Pandaria was a complete failure. WOTLK did it a lot better by allowing you to choose where to start and how to proceed - it had more soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Basically they're grey items that vendor for 90-110g and they give you a massive chunk of xp depending on your level, from 300-800k xp a piece. A good way to finish off that last level when you're stuck or lose your drive. You can pick em up once per toon.
    Oh, word. I'll definitely read up on that some more. Thanks

This weekend I leveled my 13th char to 90. Finally horde, yay!

While I understand that some people do not like leveling, I find it hard to understand why you would complain at 89 1/3.
    It takes less than three hours from 89 to 90 now with the reduced XP requirements, of course I moved direcly to the Dread Wastes with 89, and I did three dungeons then (Siege of Niuzao Temple, Gate of the Setting Sun and Mogu'shan Palace). I dinged 90 before I would free the second (or third? The one in the cave at the lake) Klaxxi. I even aborted the first Siege of Niuzao Temple run, because we wiped three times at the event boss.

Btw, I agree that the "new" lvl 88/89 dungeons (Siege of Niuzao Temple, Gate of the Setting Sun) really are quite overtuned compared to those that were available for leveling at the start. Especially the final boss at the event boss in Siege can take a not-so-experienced tank apart in a few seconds.
    The General Pa'valak is more epic than many LFR fights, even if you know how (and where) to throw the bombs the fight takes almost 8 minutes, and also puts quite a stress to the tank and healer. I completed them because it was the first time I saw them as levelling dungeons, but when I level a new alt I will probably skip them because they have a bad xp/hour ratio if you consider the long boss fights and wipe possibilities.

As tank you can also grind on the timeless isle (the normal mobs), they give quite XP and you can start collecting coins and tokens. What you can do (I did it at 85): You can loot the crystals in the crystal cave for the "500 stats to all" flask (Crystal of Insanity), it has quite a reasonable drop chance (but that requires a "full" server where the mobs in there are overfarmed). This is a nice boost and it simply costs nothing compared to real flasks (if money is a problem, because you for example you started at a new server like me).

So my advise here is quite simple: Simply go playing instead of reading forums

Deleted
    i got 99 problems but a level aint one. especially when you have your "buddy" do it for you.

Well sense the only leveling where it is faster to do quest's is the 85-90 I have 4 more 85's that i would love to be playing I jsut cannot bring myself to level them. I have my druid at 88 he has taken me 3 months to get that far because I cant stand to do the same god damn quests a 5th time. It's just dumb auto lvl 90 button any day now please.

These treasures have me intrigued, I have leveled from 85-88 exclusively from LFD, I dont want to take so long there isnt good enough EXP from it. Is that monkey run stuff really as good as people make it seem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I think people exaggerate 85-90, it's not that hard. In fact 89-90 is doable just by question for 3-4 hours if you really go for it. Despite the fact that you need less XP, I found 80-85 to be far more worse. The Cata-zones were just a pain for the most part, and leveling in Pandaria is really smooth and pretty fast. In fact you can pretty much get an alt up from 85-90 in a weekend or so, not that hard.
    Totally agree, i dinged 85-90 in around 10 hours played, every time i logged off i made sure i logged off with rested status, to make a little more exp next session.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been stacking up rested exp on my priest. Lvling as a spriest is absolutely horrible. 30k mind blasts, 6k dot ticks compared to melee who are doing 100k crits (yes, on my dk i was doing 100k obliterates at lvl 85).

I've still got the treasures left to do, so I'm hoping I can get from 89 to 90 with rested exp by doing the treasures.