Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

your completely irrational pet-peeves

What are some of your irrational, pointless pet-peeves?

mine:

[1] My Monk currently dual wields, one fist-weapon, one sword; and i hate haveing asymmetric transmog (please rng, drop me either another sword, another fist weapon or a staff/polearm)
    [2] My monk keeps getting strength flasks in bonus stachels >_<

(obviously this thread could turn into a whine fest, so let's try to keep this light-hearted, if you have 'legitimate' complaints about LFR, or Pandarens, or PVP class balance they don't belong here, and you should be ashamed for mentioning them)

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

The draenei using pink energy crystal stuff for almost everything. Lack of enough cool blue colors piss me off for no rational reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Having incomplete transmog sets or sets that are unable to complete due to blizzards lack of interest (Tier 10 heroic warrior belt, DK Tier 8 Boots (the brown one)), having items removed from the game for no reason.

- Sometimes i love my alliance human toons, but after time the weird weapon sheathing is annoying me, especially on human males. It doesn't feel right.
    Last edited by Vintersol; 2013-10-28 at 04:13 PM.

- The worgen sniffing noise. I don't think this is irrational
    - The jewelcrafting noise is like nails on a chalkboard to me
    - When armor has weird clipping issues, or when my dwarf's beard sticks out of his helmet when it looks like it shouldn't :[

Getting grouped with BRZ servers. Oh wait, irrational... I would mention lore inconsistencies and retcons, but that's also rational. Probably what the guy said above, items removed from the game for no reason.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is more brutal than Karma, you just want that drop, but it just never happens

When I Transmoq a Fist weapon, it is backwards on my Off Hand on the Armory.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-10-28 at 04:19 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by NiceJazzhands View Post
    OMFG YES!
    - I am a xmog whore on my shaman, and I have 1 axe that sits on my back and the others rest at my side. WHY?!
    - Elastic Dresses/kilts
    - On a male panda, the clipping issue capes/robes/dresses have when you right click a mob and go into battle stance.
    - Jaina
    Last edited by Zeerus; 2013-10-28 at 04:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    omg yes, that and rogue stealth noise raises my hackels. (hackles?)

when people leave time left on the microwave and i cant use the LCD display as a clock.

also people who say SoO "WING" xxx instead of "part or pt. 1/2/3/4"

The fact that when my human female sheathes her weapons, they get smaller.

That sniffing noise worgen (males at least, idk about females) do every now and then.

How low quality the textures are on the Tier 2 shaman set.

How troll males hold their weapons tilted with the tops slightly to their left. Not too noticeable until you xmog to something like Fist of the Deity.

Long capes on draenei females. They make me irrationally upset.

The fact that I cant choose what pose I want my characters to use in the armory, and the fact that if you xmog to fist weapons, you dont even get a combat pose.

I can't stand running around in mismatching gear, which is why i moved heaven and earth until I finally got the matching head of my T16 this lockout. Hell, I even endure LFR just to get all the pieces of my set in one matching color.

Well that and building wizard towers in Minecraft, even though I always go way to big in the end and have to abandon the project :/.

I have tons of pet peeves, however none them are irrational. So I can't answer this one.

Quote Originally Posted by buffmageslol View Post
    when people leave time left on the microwave and i cant use the LCD display as a clock.
    OMFG THANK YOU. This this this
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

15+ Year Old Account
    That monks get to shoulder-sheath every weapon, and I don't. I only xmog weapons that sheath at the shoulder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buffmageslol View Post

/sheepishblush
    *sorry

-Character selection screen for a DK shows the character size smaller than if they were in their "normal" environment. Make a XYZ race DK, then make a XYZ race <other class> and see how the size of the characters is different. Major. Pet. Peeve.
    -Along the same lines of character selection screen, my Undead looks taller than my Troll, despite the opposite being true.
    -How people say various names that should be innate, "Illidian" instead of "Illidan" or "Auchidion" instead of "Auchindoun" (yeah, old school).
    -Monk staves being upside down instead of right side up like any normal toon.
    -Few items stacking past 20. Seriously.
    -Can't buy many items in stacks of > 20. SERIOUSLY.
    -Mobs don't line up exactly in a fight, I have to keep backing up to line them up. Mostly while tanking.
    -Tauren clip some doorways with their shoulders. I would either tear out the doorway or get lodged in it, not happily skip through it.
    -Any race other than undead riding an undead mount looks just plain silly. And uncomfortable, very uncomfortable.

Casters putting their weapons away and casting from their hands

come on dude that staff looks sick its got an eye and dark stuff floating out of it SHOOT YOUR SPELLS WITH IT

there isn't any chance of them changing this when they do the model upgrades is there?

10+ Year Old Account
    when my guild mates mispronounce chinese pinyin names from MoP while we are raiding

by the way, 'He' is is pronouned /xə/ not /hi:/ and 'Chi Ji' is pronounced /ʈ͡ʂʰr. tɕi/ not /'tʃi:.dʒi/

what's even worse is when the Voice artists mispronounce the pinyin, i mean seriously you couldn't have asked a Chinese person how to pronounce this word before your recorded?
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-10-28 at 06:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    - When armor has weird clipping issues, or when my dwarf's beard sticks out of his helmet when it looks like it shouldn't :[
    For me, it's my Blood Elf's eyebrows poking through my helmets. Angers me to no end.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    when my guild mates mispronounce chinese pinyin names from MoP while we are raiding

by the way, 'He' is is pronouned /xə/ not /hi:/ and 'Chi Ji' is pronounced /ʈ͡ʂʰr. tɕi/ not /'tʃi:.dʒi/

what's even worse is when the Voice artists mispronounce the pinyin, i mean seriously you couldn't have asked a Chinese person how to pronounce this word before your recorded?
    This is the same argument you'll get into with Avatar (The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra). The names aren't mispronounced Chinese, because there is no China or Chinese in the game world. The way they're pronounced is the way they're pronounced in the game world.