Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    this isnt a speculation thread. its a dont be dumby if it isnt the dark below but still what you wanted the dark below to be thread

- - - Updated - - -

no it isnt
    We don't what they have done or why mop was curve ball we didn't see coming they do some things that don't make since

Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    A south seas expansion is gonna be like cata with zones scatter and blizz said they didn't like how that work. Plus they had mention they where going back to wow roots darker expansion. Wow roots is legion. Myself I don't care but look for sub lose to be major if it's another old god. Look for it to be want ppl want most.
    The problem with an immediate Legion invasion is that we have a lot of things left on Azeroth that could/should be dealt with first from a storytelling perspective, keeping us on one primary target at a time and with as few plotholes as possible.

Example: The Legion invades us next. Ok, but there's the big issue of "well now Azshara can just appear and wipe us all out while we're distracted" since it's not like she's sleeping like Deathwing was during the Northrend expedition. It also doesn't make much sense for the Horde story to be, as told by Kosak and Metzen, to have a down period where they're rebuilding and rediscovering themselves as a faction. The Legion invading during that period would mean Azeroth is fucked and would stand no chance. They need some downtime to rebuild themselves and an expansion with the Alliance leading the charge would give them that while the Horde can still maintain a presence.

Blizzard admittedly storyboards expansions two out. We have Wrathion talking about the Legion's imminent invasion but we also have Ra-den telling us about the gaping chasm beneath us that's growing and threatens to swallow us all and all of the quotes from Y'shaarj during Siege. A Legion expansion would be awesome but from a storytelling perspective, it makes more sense to deal with N'zoth and Azshara first. We have Kul'tiras to bring back into the fold, Tel'Abim, Undermine, the land on the other side of Azeroth to explore, and Ny'alotha and Zin'azshari exist as immediate threats given the fairly recent events in Vashj'ir and Dragon Soul. Would also Wrathion some more development time, solidifying his role as the anti-hero, and give him time to get a few more weapons and artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Cant come quick enough
    Yea your right there

We don't what they have done or why mop was curve ball we didn't see coming they do some things that don't make since
    we know exactly why mists was a curve ball theyve explained it multiple times in interviews. they had a different expansion planned that was going to happen before mists and garrosh wasnt going to be dethroned for another expansion, they decided to dethrone garrosh this expansion and scrapped the other expansion and went with mists.

thats why mists was a curveball and weve known it for over a year now, what we dont know is what the expansion after cata was originally going to be only that it only made it to the concept art stage and that garrosh wouldnt have been a raid boss in it.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    The problem with an immediate Legion invasion is that we have a lot of things left on Azeroth that could/should be dealt with first from a storytelling perspective, keeping us on one primary target at a time and with as few plotholes as possible.

Example: The Legion invades us next. Ok, but there's the big issue of "well now Azshara can just appear and wipe us all out while we're distracted" since it's not like she's sleeping like Deathwing was during the Northrend expedition. It also doesn't make much sense for the Horde story to be, as told by Kosak and Metzen, to have a down period where they're rebuilding and rediscovering themselves as a faction. The Legion invading during that period would mean Azeroth is fucked and would stand no chance. They need some downtime to rebuild themselves and an expansion with the Alliance leading the charge would give them that while the Horde can still maintain a presence.

Blizzard admittedly storyboards expansions two out. We have Wrathion talking about the Legion's imminent invasion but we also have Ra-den telling us about the gaping chasm beneath us that's growing and threatens to swallow us all and all of the quotes from Y'shaarj during Siege. A Legion expansion would be awesome but from a storytelling perspective, it makes more sense to deal with N'zoth and Azshara first. We have Kul'tiras to bring back into the fold, Tel'Abim, Undermine, the land on the other side of Azeroth to explore, and Ny'alotha and Zin'azshari exist as immediate threats given the fairly recent events in Vashj'ir and Dragon Soul. Would also Wrathion some more development time, solidifying his role as the anti-hero, and give him time to get a few more weapons and artifacts.

Blizz was ask in an interview if we every have expansion where it seem we gonna loose they didn't say no nor did they answer it it was like they where avoiding it. But legion invasion with the naga coming in would be awesome cause it would be one heck of a fight. On the horde the enemy don't. Wait for you to rebuild they hit when your at your weakest.

Yes very true but think blizz may have use cata to get rid of those place and add mop to say it was south seas it is possible
    They didn't though.Lore after Cataclysm and MoP say Kul Tiras still exists, the Naga are still definitely out there with Nazjatar. Undermine still exists, Mount Kajaro just exploded and Zuldazar still exists, just slowly sinking.

Villains like Azshara, Dark Prophet Zul and King Rastakhan are still out there too.

A south seas expansion is gonna be like cata with zones scatter and blizz said they didn't like how that work. Plus they had mention they where going back to wow roots darker expansion. Wow roots is legion. Myself I don't care but look for sub lose to be major if it's another old god. Look for it to be want ppl want most.
    Saying going back to wows darker roots doesn't mean "OMG BURNINGLEGION"

The Lich King and the scoruge are a darker part of wow and warcraft. Old gods are dark by nature, soooo.

Btw you do realize Uludar was and is a very popular raid where an old god is the main boss and contains titan lore right? Sub loss my ass, only if its done wrong.
    Last edited by Bill Nye the Spy; 2013-10-28 at 06:33 PM.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

we know exactly why mists was a curve ball theyve explained it multiple times in interviews. they had a different expansion planned that was going to happen before mists and garrosh wasnt going to be dethroned for another expansion, they decided to dethrone garrosh this expansion and scrapped the other expansion and went with mists.

thats why mists was a curveball and weve known it for over a year now, what we dont know is what the expansion after cata was originally going to be only that it only made it to the concept art stage and that garrosh wouldnt have been a raid boss in it.

Has any one thought what they scraped was an underwater expansion because no like underwater.

Blizz was ask in an interview if we every have expansion where it seem we gonna loose they didn't say no nor did they answer it it was like they where avoiding it. But legion invasion with the naga coming in would be awesome cause it would be one heck of a fight. On the horde the enemy don't. Wait for you to rebuild they hit when your at your weakest.
    The problem is it ends up being poor storytelling. We've come back from poor odds but Azeroth was barely able to repel the last Legion invasion, being saved by the power of nature itself, even when the two sides were unified. And that wasn't even a full blown invasion force. Story wise, we would be obliterated the moment the Legion invaded us right now with the Horde in such a weakened state and the Alliance needing to replenish its weapons and manpower a bit after heavy losses for all in Siege.

If the Legion is coming, the only chance we would have is for both sides to be at full power and unified, and even then need a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    Saying going back to wows darker roots doesn't mean "OMG BURNINGLEGION"

The Lich King and the scoruge are a darker part of wow and warcraft. Old gods are dark by nature, soooo.
    The legion created scourge and made the lich king.

dear god

and the titans created a lot of things we know of right now. So that means the titans created the scourge actually.

The legion was formed by a rogue titan, so titans are the real enemy. See what I did there?

You can trace everything back to the titans, old gods, or the legion (who was created by a titan)

The problem is it ends up being poor storytelling. We've come back from poor odds but Azeroth was barely able to repel the last Legion invasion, being saved by the power of nature itself, even when the two sides were unified. And that wasn't even a full blown invasion force. Story wise, we would be obliterated the moment the Legion invaded us right now with the Horde in such a weakened state and the Alliance needing to replenish its weapons and manpower a bit after heavy losses for all in Siege.

If the Legion is coming, the only chance we would have is for both sides to be at full power and unified, and even then need a miracle.

As said no body gonna wait their enemy is full strength to attack them it's hit while there weak.

That's not what they meant.

All the islands are relatively close together and they can easily make it so you can get between them without a loading screen. They all have a common theme with the ocean. You could probably just fly between them in a short time.

Cataclysm is different. Hyjal was in northern Kalimdor. Uldum was on the southern Kalimdor. Highlands and Vashj'ir were in Eastern Kingdoms and Deepholm wasn't even in the same plane. There multiple zones in different continents. That is what Blizzard doesn't want to repeat.

As said no body gonna wait their enemy is full strength to attack them it's hit while there weak.
    But it's poor storytelling. That's the point here. Given previous events with the last Legion invasion and known lore, we would have a snowball's chance in hell to defeat them as we are now.

A Legion invasion now is the definite death of Azeroth.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-10-28 at 06:42 PM.

Has any one thought what they scraped was an underwater expansion because no like underwater.
    i havent seen a single person suggest an underwater expansion so i have no idea why youve brought that up.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    dear god

and the titans created everything we know of right now so that means the titans created the scourge actually.

The legion was formed by a rogue titan, so titans are the real enemy. See what I did there?
    And some day that Titan will come. But the legion made the lich king to weaken us to point where the legion could invade and win but they push back twice.

- - - Updated - - -

i havent seen a single person suggest an underwater expansion so i have no idea why youve brought that up.
    Val'shir was a test to see what ppl thought of that zone.

No, azeroth is currently not weak. We have pandas now, we have some goblins, we have some worgen, we have dranei, we have blood elfs and we have other allies to be introduced soon as well. We are not weak, the horde might be all fucked up, but that doesn't mean the rest of the world is. We are as strong, if not stronger than WC3

But it's poor storytelling. That's the point here. Given previous events with the last Legion invasion and known lore, we would have a snowball's chance in hell to defeat them as we are now.

no it isnt. this is an mmo. there have been 5 YEARS since wow started. yeah weve battled the burning legion, the old gods, the lich king, deathwing, and smacked eachother around all in the span of 5 years.

thats in no way worse storytelling than any other expansion.

no it isnt. this is an mmo. there have been 5 YEARS since wow started. yeah weve battled the burning legion, the old gods, the lich king, deathwing, and smacked eachother around all in the span of 5 years.

thats in no way worse storytelling than any other expansion.
    If they were to invade now while the Horde is basically in shambles and rebuilding itself, we would have only 3 possible routes. Imminent death of Azeroth, the Legion looking like total chumps, or the addition of another deus ex machina to fight them back (we saw how well that went over in Dragon Soul.) All 3 of them result in fairly poor storytelling.

Are we stronger? Yeah we are. But when the Legion still almost destroyed the world when we were unified without a full blown invasion force, us beating back a full blown zerg style invasion with basically 1 1/2 non unified factions would make them look like chumps.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-10-28 at 06:47 PM.

But when we go to northrend it was not legion lore because they broke away from the legion. it was scourge.

- - - Updated - - -

Then maybe they would wait until we fight the strongest old god on azeroth and th strongest mage to live on azeroth?

- - - Updated - - -

Like the other 7 times the legion came, we were doomed and ended up kicking their ass...