Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    he doesnt have to do anything important. the aspects are free to do whatever they want to do with the rest of however long they have left to live.

its not their job to protect the world anymore its up to them on whether or not they want to keep trying to. maybe he wants to go out and see the world or sit out on a beach with some dragon ladies
    I don't know if anyone else said this or not, but: I think the infinite flight and Murozond are part of the timeline and future where DW successfully caused the Cataclysm. I think his corrupted flight where working this whole time to avoid that future, but the past is to obdurate and "we" are too awesome.

Maybe the plan was to only try to change the past. Maybe it was the point of preparing us for DW. After all, if Nozdormu can see multiple futures, but they all converge on to the Cataclysm. Fail and we have the future we glimpsed in the first HoT dungeon, succeed & the Timekeepers can't see well enough to know if it's better or worse. The not knowing could be what drove him to madness. Either way, I believe we are beyond the reach of the Infinite DF as they are apart of a different future.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJkroz View Post
    I don't know if anyone else said this or not, but: I think the infinite flight and Murozond are part of the timeline and future where DW successfully caused the Cataclysm. I think his corrupted flight where working this whole time to avoid that future, but the past is to obdurate and "we" are too awesome.

Maybe the plan was to only try to change the past. Maybe it was the point of preparing us for DW. After all, if Nozdormu can see multiple futures, but they all converge on to the Cataclysm. Fail and we have the future we glimpsed in the first HoT dungeon, succeed & the Timekeepers can't see well enough to know if it's better or worse. The not knowing could be what drove him to madness. Either way, I believe we are beyond the reach of the Infinite DF as they are apart of a different future.
    According to Murozond, Nozdormu saw all possible futures, and the one that resulted in the End of Time was the best path.

Nozdormu, according to Dawn of the Aspects, is still convinced he will, one day, become Murozond, even without his powers. He doesn't think the threat of the Infinite Dragonflight is gone. The Timeways are most definitely not stable; Chromie was worried that it had something to do with Nozdormu removing the Dragon Soul from the timeline (it's not 100% clear if it was actually returned properly or not, just that it was returned).
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

10+ Year Old Account
    No more fucking trolls. Give us a break for an expansion jesus. No south sea's. Ty tho. I'll pass. I'd prefer either legion or something new. This next xpac is supposed to be big though. The storm or w/e. So I'm expecting burning legion return or titans or something in the main lore. I think azshara and n'zoth can wait. I really don't want them yet tbh. But the expansion is obviously mostly made at this point. So we're only what 10 days away now?

I am excited. Probably too excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    That's not what they meant.

All the islands are relatively close together and they can easily make it so you can get between them without a loading screen. They all have a common theme with the ocean. You could probably just fly between them in a short time.

Cataclysm is different. Hyjal was in northern Kalimdor. Uldum was on the southern Kalimdor. Highlands and Vashj'ir were in Eastern Kingdoms and Deepholm wasn't even in the same plane. There multiple zones in different continents. That is what Blizzard doesn't want to repeat.
    Absolutely.

And so, as I've mentioned over there several months ago, these are what wow's creative design team can foreseeably, realistically come up with in terms of expansion themes :

1) Whatever unfinished business still lingers in Emerald Dream..
    2) Great Sea/South Seas (Tomb of Sargeras/Broken Isles/Tel Abim/Zandalar/Kul Tiras..)
    3) The Old God-Mutated Queen Azshara monstrosity & The Maelstrom's undersea realm (Nazjatar/Mak'aru/The Rift/Zin-Azshari & Suramar Ruins/Neptulon 'Spirited Away'..)
    4) The other shards of Draenor beyond TBC's Outland as well as some realms/dimensions beyond the Great Dark..
    5) K'aresh, Argus, Other Worlds, & Burning Legion Locales..
    6) Subterranean Azeroth (Undermine, Kezan, & the rest of the world in a huge caverns network..)
    7) New Continents in the unexplored seas west of the Veiled Sea/east of the Forbidden Sea..
    8) They could even do an entire expansion dedicated to Caverns of Time Zones & Instances - As per the WC1-WC3 timelines, all revisited by players being a mere hero rather than a battlefield commander, with new, in-depth lore details/perspectives, etc..

Now the question is, of course, which ones is Blizz most likely to have decided to use for the closest upcoming expansions, and in what order..?? To determine such statistical likelihoods, one has to look at what is known :

~> They just did a whole 2 years of (MoP) asian-inspired, new continent, colonialism-themed expansion, would they really do this again..???
    ~> They've been seeding hints of Turalyon & Alleria being back in the limelight again a lot more frequently/intently, these past couple years. Could all that truly be meaningless..?
    ~> They specifically asked fans how they'd feel about seeing Illidan again, or rather, if they thought a 'redemption story' would be cool for him. Is that also meaningless..??
    ~> Why did WoW Insider staff insist so badly that TBD ('The Dark Below') being trademarked was just a hoax/rumor?? Couldn't that indicate how insistent Blizz's PR department was in telling/'coercing' main news sites into shutting down as much of the speculation about TBD as possible, since there would actually be truth behind the rumor and they're always adamant about not wanting their secrets out before their time..??
    ~> Aren't all the stars thus far aligned towards v6.0 being themed around the South Seas/Maelstrom/Queen Azshara/Outland 2.0 and/or a Legion Invasion of Azeroth/Illidan/Tomb of Sargeras/Kul Tiras..?? With all the warnings & hints Wrathion's been yammering about forever, Velen's visions, the logical next step in all this naval ramp-up since MoP/High Seas Scenario/'Age of Sail' themes being to finally reveal what happened to Kul Tiras & the south seas..??

So this tells us that, for the very next expansion to be about yet another newly 'discovered' continent, right after MoP, is pretty preposterous. The creative team understandably like to have some diversity/alternate themes around, and so, we can realistically expect any of the above-listed ^ themes #1-8 to be part of the next expansions, while discounting the possibility of theme #7 (new continents) as extremely unlikely, for not only the expansion to be unveiled at BlizzCon in a week or so (v6.0), but in fact for the next 2 expansion sets, given Blizz just got done with a new continent theme in MoP.
    >>> And then.. <<<

A quote from end time after you kill murzond:

"At last it has come to pass. The moment of my demise. The loop is closed. My future self will cause no more harm. Still, in time, I will... fall to madness. And you, heroes... will vanquish me. The cycle will repeat. So it goes. What matters is that Azeroth did not fall; that we survived to fight another day. All that matters... is this moment."

Foreshadowing at it's finest. I'm telling you, he might be the new nightmare lord.

- - - Updated - - -

"He discovered who was behind the vast and dreadful conspiracy: The Old Gods. Nozdormu confirmed that they caused all of the horrible events against the Dragonflights and Azeroth. He stated that he believes even himself becoming the Infinite dragonflight leader in one timeline is caused by the Old Gods."
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

there is no south left.. there is a big continent called pandaria there...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by becomeister View Post
    there is no south left.. there is a big continent called pandaria there...
    There is, it contains Zandalar and many other little islands. One of the most interesting is Sargeras' tomb, I really hope we can explore there some day
    Last edited by mmoc27a4f0fc2b; 2013-10-30 at 07:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosclaw View Post
    There is, it contains Kul'tiras and many other little islands. One of the most interesting is Sargeras' tomb, I really hope we can explore there some day
    Kul'tiras is not in the south. It's in the north, up by Toll Barad.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    no it isnt. this is an mmo. there have been 5 YEARS since wow started. yeah weve battled the burning legion, the old gods, the lich king, deathwing, and smacked eachother around all in the span of 5 years.

thats in no way worse storytelling than any other expansion.
    5 years? Excuse me but WoW started out in 2004*(typo) The game is not only five years old. What the hell have you been smoking, lol.
    Last edited by TriHard; 2013-10-30 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Typo!

Deleted
    Kul'tiras is not in the south. It's in the north, up by Toll Barad.
    Doh, sorry I meant to put Zandalar, just let me edit that now

Deleted
    I'm going to save my thoughts here, so I will later be able to say "I told you so".

The next expansion will be "The Dark Below" featuring Ozumat, Murlocs, Nagas and Azshara as a late or final boss. Obviously, we will have to deal with Neptulon, too (to free him or to vanquish him to undo his corruption). While being underwater, we have an occasion to kill N'Zoth and his minions.

N'Zoth is the only connection to the Emerald Nightmare I see here. The Rift of Aln could simply be handled by a 5man group joining forces with Malfurion.

South Sea Islands Tel'Abim, Kul'Tiras, Zandalar could easily be introduced as PvP Islands (like Tol Barad) or regular Quest areas with capital cities.

Surely Wrathion pathed the way for a legion expansion, but this may happen after 'The Dark below'. We could face another four patches cautioning us against the legion and eventually, Azshara might open another portal with her final breath. A portal which demons may use to invade Azeroth... or a portal which we can use to visit a realm of terror, hate, and destruction... (not Sanctuary, though)

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    With all the Jaina lore recently Kul Tiras could certainly be on the horizon.

Deleted
    as someone pointed out, Kul Tiras is not in the South seas. Put in the Broken Isles instead.

Do you realize even in SoO there are demon there and two dark shamans are talking in demonic. I don't no what is next I am not gonna try in guess either. Blizzcon is coming so and there gonna a lot unhappy ppl all I can say.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneFrostFire View Post
    as someone pointed out, Kul Tiras is not in the South seas. Put in the Broken Isles instead.
    I have thought about that too. Why does everyone call it the "south seas" when, if it happened, it would just be "the seas."

Island expansion is a more fitting description.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    dont try to say "i told you so"

i see alot of people who want a south seas expansion who believe the dark below is real. i personally think the next expansion is about the south seas/azshara but i dont believe its real.

i think this is gonna be a problem if it happens, there will be people trying to claim they told everybody so even if its called world of warcraft southrend beach party, just because they thought the dark below was a real trademark.

of course if in two weeks its both about the south seas AND is called the dark below, i will eat my hat.
    my 2tokens,

Basically it is highly possible that Azshara and N'Zoth will make an appearance in the Next expansion, Also I am sure there will be an update to models and the Outland leveling Zones. This would be in line with the rate of progress we have seen in the story and content so far. That said Azshara, N'Zoth will be Early Raids not final boss stuff. So for the Final boss he/she will have to be worthy of the roll.

So will we return to the South Seas? Sure I can see adding in leveling zones from 90-95 all over the place, but something tells be from the clues dropped so far that they plan to hit us with the Legion in this expansion. Which makes sense since Azshara was the first to call the legion to Azeroth. She might try again, which would be fitting for a level 90+ story line. We would get some south seas content, Dungeons and raids involving Naga, Goblins, and Demons. The big Bad would be one of the Leaders of the Legion we have not faced but have heard about like Kil'jaeden. Which would be enough to bring back lost subscriptions, the raid could be in an unused zone such as the remains of the Isle of Kezan and the undercity, or the Ruins of Gilneas, which is basically empty and unused.

Things they could do in such an expansion, add a ton of tropical islands, update Outland, add a Hero-Class (I'm hedging my bet on one in particular, which would start in a phased version of BT), bring back legendary WC2 characters, Bring back Illidan (he can be rezzed since he was demon tainted), New Horde War Chief with intrest in the South Seas (Vol'jin my bet), of course they will only give 5 more levels (want 10).

end 2tokens.

Blizzard has said ALL players (including levelers will be in the new zones). There is a reason why Catacylsm is now free. Blizzard would like to update Outlands but due to how much Cataclysm bombed, I doubt it will happen. Why not spend resources and time making new zones and new areas to level up in.

Weapons that drop from the Garroth are heirlooms that work up to level 100.

A Vision in Time: Weekly quest ends at the Caverns of time with Soridorm being killed. This is a MASSIVE clue for the next expansion. How is this related to the Burning Legion? It's not!

The Enchanted Fey Dragon, Emerald Hippogryphand the Stormcrow mounts. All mounts are unknown where they come from. If you remember back in Cataclysm, the mount that was 'unknown' had a MOP theme. It is highly likely these unknown mounts are a big indication of the next expansion.

With the revamp of Cataclysm, the world trees (where the portals are) weren't destroyed. Infact, they are still there. Why would Blizzard bother keeping them if they had no intended to use these in the future?

I predict the expansion will be dragon related. Emerald dream maybe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneFrostFire View Post
    well if there is going to be South seas/mealstorm expansion there could be one or two(one for Horde and one for Alliance) zones in Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms :P just to build lore. Naga would invade those zones so Horde and Alliance would focus on nagas :P. It would be better than another Stormwind/Orgrimmar invasion(thats how most of expansions started) or just "oh, there are nagas in the deeps! lets finally kill them"

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    5 years? Excuse me but WoW started out in 2004*(typo) The game is not only five years old. What the hell have you been smoking, lol.
    wow the game has been going for almost 10 years.

however in the storyline each expansion is a year long.

vanilla is a year in the timeline
    bc is a year in the timeline
    wrath is a year in the timeline
    cata is a year in the timeline
    mists is another year

anduin was 10 when wow started, at the beginning of mists he was 14

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by greg098 View Post
    Blizzard has said ALL players (including levelers will be in the new zones). There is a reason why Catacylsm is now free.
    theyve never said this. and cataclysm is free because the expansion is almost over and you havent had to pay for more than 2 expansions if you wanted to start and the new one will be out soon.

making it so you only have to buy vanilla and mists makes it easier for new people to actually play the game, thats the only reason its now free, they make more money off subscriptions then they do expansions if they can get someone to stay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    of course they will only give 5 more levels (want 10).
    blizzard knows alot of people want a 10 level expansion i dont think they would let the weapons go up to 100 on live and then change them to 95 next expansion that would just be mean and blatant trolling. i also doubt they would let us level through 2 expansions when they could just offer 100- 110 weapons next expansion and not have to offer something else
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Aslong I get the Queen Azshara / N'Zoth & Emerald Dream theme, I am happy .
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.