Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
28
... LastLast
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Most people I knew, who resub because of feature X sounds like the good old days, last about a month, before they leave again. Nostialgia and such.
    But I dont know the millions of people you know, so who am I to have an opinion on this^^
    it is rose colored glasses nostalgia and how this and that was so much better 50 years ago syndrome. same thing with these wow was better before this and that.

  2. #342
    Pit Lord Adoxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Temple of Karabor
    Posts
    2,311
    Do that and lose everyone.
    Formerly known as NonameXADX

    Thanks to Noxychu for the wonderful avatar!

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    We finished every hc boss in 5.2v by radingin 12 hours per week. So dont tell me that you dont have time.
    Amount of time is irrelevant since it does no good to have 20hrs a week available for the game when those 20 hrs is not connected in a fashion that allows you to have a 12 hr schedule.

    We have 6hrs a week and we already see issues with real life with such a short time invested in raids and 12hrs would by most be considered a hardcore schedule with 3 or 4 nights a week being tied to raiding. That is far from casual and like i said.

    If your 20hrs of playtime in a week is spread out in chunks that are no more than 1.5 hr tops at any single given point in time explain how you can raid a 3-4 hr session with those? as you can see the 12hr isnt the limitation it is the scheduling that crashes it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    Do that and lose everyone.
    And than we will see threads about how incompetent blizzard was in doing that since they lost 4 million more subs from that action.

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    Do that and lose everyone.
    I like how you think you speak for me.

    Cute.

  5. #345
    If we look at subnumbers lichking had the highest. So I guess blizzard should make short tunnel hcs that you finnish in 15min and just aoe down the trash. Do you really think there are millions of players that will resubscribe if the game gets more hardcore? Cata was more hardcore then lichking and a few million subs was lost. Its kinda ironic that you want to add some tbc-esqe features but remove flying. Flying was one of the main features of tbc.

    What they need to do is making an built in oqueue and more exciting lore. But 5.4 was great imo. The other patches in mop was good too but felt abit disconnected from the lore. Some parts was good and some bad.

  6. #346
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,547
    This thread is about as useless as the many others started by Jaylock, sorry but no, you have no facts to back it up, just pure conjecture. Losing LFR is fine by me, I despise it, but no way is it going to drag millions back. The game is dying, but only because its old and things change.

  7. #347
    As long as its $15 month, WoW will continue to decline
    Free-To-Play is the future.

  8. #348
    No. There aren't "millions" of former players sitting around being mad about two specific things. That is fantasy, plain and simple.

  9. #349
    Nah, wouldn't matter in the least. The game is way too old and boring to get people back.

  10. #350
    Herald of the Titans Flutterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Derpifornia
    Posts
    2,658
    Frankly, if clams didn't stack, I think more people would resub.

  11. #351
    What does getting rid of flying mounts really do? You can queue into instances from capital cities and bots do the majority of farming. The only thing it would accomplish is to make it more of a pain to get from point A to point B.

  12. #352
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
    Posts
    399
    The majority of the game has become casuals. Removing these things would alienate the casual player base. Now why would millions resubscribe?

  13. #353
    Mechagnome Zephre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In the mountains?
    Posts
    597
    Subjective thread is subjective

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I see the ban period has ended.
    Also this.

  14. #354
    Mechagnome Rifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Frankly, if clams didn't stack, I think more people would resub.
    I'm listening to 'Out of the Blue' from the Paul VanDyk VONYC Sessions 2010 CD and your avatar is synced to the beat.

    Even when it sped up.

    Weird.

  15. #355
    Warchief TheDangerZone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Burt Reynolds' stache
    Posts
    2,196
    Oh you precious summer child.

    Omaygawd, I hadn't even realized this was a Jaylock thread!

    But trying to use logic, that assesment is really subective. You are assuming way too much and are not even considered how much the market as changed the last 10 years.

  16. #356
    As much as it would make me re-subscribe (if i wasn't playing..) and many others that I know that have actually quit; I'm extremely skeptical at the thought of 'millions' resubscribing if this went out lol. Having said that, I don't think that it would 'kill' the game either, but it would deal a huge blow - I don't care for LFR at all and I could care less if it was gone, but I know that a lot of people are only able to do that one thing (poor souls, I feel so sorry for people that can only manage LFR due to time constraints :/), they'd have no choice but to quit due to the fact that there's nothing to do outside of raiding and pvping at level cap (which a lot of people only prefer one of usually, personally I enjoy both but i'm in the minority here).

    Now, what WOULD bring subscribers back, even if it seems a bit of a cheap thing to do by Blizz, is to make hearthstone a mini-game from within WoW. Though that would no doubt reduce the income for the game itself, it would DEFINITELY increase subscribers by at least a bit. Obviously this won't happen, but yeah.
    Last edited by Zypherz; 2013-10-29 at 12:40 AM.

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I think many people underestimate just how many older players who have quit because the game got too casual friendly, would actually resubscribe making a few TBC esque changes to the game.

    If the developers removed LFR, and flying mounts from the game (i actually like the fatigue bar where you cant fly forever), also removed the heroic difficulty, so essentially normal difficulty is the hard difficulty, and flex became the new normal, millions of players would resubscribe.

    With connected realms being implemented, the issue of low pop servers is essentially a thing of the past, so pugging for flex wouldn't be an issue for the LFR crowd. And bringing back a sense of accomplishment to the game, as well as reduce ilvl inflation through 4 difficulties would really go far in many people's books.

    I know these changes would see me back in the World of Warcraft in a heart beat.

    What changes would bring you back to the game?
    Only people that want flying mounts gone, is gankers.
    Nobody else.

    On top of that you're one of those that haven't realised that the raids for normal/HC got a lot better because suddenly around 70% of the player base plays them instead of the 10% it was before. More reason to give money to make some nice raids :P

    Overall lackluster and badly thought idea from your side. Try again, with some more thought next time,
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  18. #358
    I am Murloc! The Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Merry ol' England.
    Posts
    5,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Removing LFR = Not quite as bad as people think it would be, assuming they made Dungeon progression a thing again or had some other PvE progression outside of raiding, which they currently do not.
    yeah, dungeon progression. There is nothing I enjoy more than having to run the same shitty instance constantly because my loot doesn't drop and buy the time I am geared up for the next tier, the other tier comes out so I am forever behind. What a lovely waste of time that would be.
    "What do you seek within the mountain?"

  19. #359
    Removing flying mounts is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. WOTLK had flying mounts and was at the peak of it's sub count. LFR is for people that play WoW very casually and have very little time to really do anything.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

  20. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    If the developers removed LFR, and flying mounts from the game (i actually like the fatigue bar where you cant fly forever), also removed the heroic difficulty, so essentially normal difficulty is the hard difficulty, and flex became the new normal, millions of players would resubscribe.... I know these changes would see me back in the World of Warcraft in a heart beat.
    If that's the cost, I like things the way they are.

    I'm not sure you've thought through your argument. You say that the game has become too casual friendly & you want heroic mode removed. What?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •