Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I think many people underestimate just how many older players who have quit because the game got too casual friendly, would actually resubscribe making a few TBC esque changes to the game.

If the developers removed LFR, and flying mounts from the game (i actually like the fatigue bar where you cant fly forever), also removed the heroic difficulty, so essentially normal difficulty is the hard difficulty, and flex became the new normal, millions of players would resubscribe.

With connected realms being implemented, the issue of low pop servers is essentially a thing of the past, so pugging for flex wouldn't be an issue for the LFR crowd. And bringing back a sense of accomplishment to the game, as well as reduce ilvl inflation through 4 difficulties would really go far in many people's books.

I know these changes would see me back in the World of Warcraft in a heart beat.

What changes would bring you back to the game?
    If people like you where prevented from playing ever again. More then the "toxic" community people like you with your idiot nostalgia beams set to kill that are hurting this game- because one day blizzard will listen...and bury wow
    Wrath baby and proud of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Or: you could go play AION, where there are no flying mounts(aside where it's necessary), PVP is fairly unrestricted(I'm sure this is your next request 'cause those noob casuals totally deserve it amirite? /sarcasm) and there's no LFR.

Of course, anyone with a brain can tell you how well that game is going.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Remove Jaylock from MMO-CHampion, Millions Resubscribe

That seems more likely a scenario, doesn't it?
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Remove Jaylock from MMO-CHampion, Millions Resubscribe

That seems more likely a scenario, doesn't it?
    Actually you may be on to something there.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Wow is supposed to be quite slow paced many enjoy it that way. it makes people enjoy the environment, each other and appreciate things on another level. I never ever heard people complaining about wow being too slow when I played vanilla. Sure some things were frustrating, but the reward was in return so much bigger. Tedious wipes = awesome reward in the end. not like now when everything is no effort, and people dont even care that much about upgrades, since they'll probably see similar loot drop 3 other times the same reset.

When I played vanilla no one complained UBRS, MC, BWL etc were slow paced and most stuck around the whole "expansion".

What happend after that tho was that blizzard had plans to add new content. and they added some new features like flying mounts. They gave the community their little finger, and some people took their whole hand. In other words, people got spoiled and numbed down.
    You and I have very different views of vanilla, I played through all the raids, and found it incredibly slow, I never felt like I was having a more enjoyable time because the game was slow, I definitely think the game being faster, has improved the game in so many ways. Even after raiding everything, I find that vanilla was when wow was at it's second worst time, the worst being cataclysm. That expac was yes, pretty bad.

I feel like the flying mounts actually improve my overall immersion, I love flying over these continents, makes me feel like I am in control over everything below me. Mists had a nice new idea to not let us fly until 90, which I think was awesome. We got to experience the world, then we could fly, and we had still walked through everything and enjoyed it.

So yea I've played since vanilla, yea it was fun, but the game has gotten phenomenally better than that hell-hole back then.

I think it would be interesting to see an alternate reality WoW where flying mounts/LFG was never implemented. I wonder how many people would still play.

When did REMOVING content ever bring players back?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    You and I have very different views of vanilla, I played through all the raids, and found it incredibly slow, I never felt like I was having a more enjoyable time because the game was slow, I definitely think the game being faster, has improved the game in so many ways. Even after raiding everything, I find that vanilla was when wow was at it's second worst time, the worst being cataclysm. That expac was yes, pretty bad.

I feel like the flying mounts actually improve my overall immersion, I love flying over these continents, makes me feel like I am in control over everything below me. Mists had a nice new idea to not let us fly until 90, which I think was awesome. We got to experience the world, then we could fly, and we had still walked through everything and enjoyed it.

So yea I've played since vanilla, yea it was fun, but the game has gotten phenomenally better than that hell-hole back then.
    Agreed.

You realize how slow it is these days if you go and watch say a content ragnaros kill. People were able to type full sentences in between hitting the necessary buttons for their rotation. It didn't get any slower than that.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Just change PvE gear back to being not-so-good at PvP... Seems weird that I have a harder time healing against PvE players than PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    I find it hilarious that people still believe this...
    Even if it were true. If there really are people who quit the game because , shock gasp, people of all skill levels are able to have fun now, I think the community would be better off if those people stayed away from the game forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I think many people underestimate just how many older players who have quit because the game got too casual friendly, would actually resubscribe making a few TBC esque changes to the game.
    I think you overestimate your knowledge of older players you never even came in contact with. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post

Flying mounts add nothing to the game for me. Sure it was fun as a changer when it first came, but now its just a way of travel. And im the opposite to you I think. I like to feel small in a large world. I dont like to feel like I have "godmode". But flying mounts is just a small detail. The bigger picture is the crossrealm queue system. I dont know about you, but I actually enjoyed teaming up and getting to know players from my own realm. Nowdays you dont have to do that in order to progress in raids etc. Just queue up and you're ready to go. you dont even have to know where the dungeon is located.

Older players stopped playing cause IT'S THE SAME GAME. You realize the grind hasn't changed at all? It's just shifted from grinding mobs for simple items to grinding raids for lots of gear for alts. At the end of the day it's the same thing though. Level toons, waste lots of time grinding for items that marginally increase the power of your toons, and then a new expansion comes out and you do it all over again. It's an endless cycle and a lot of people get bored with it and don't bother coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    If people like you where prevented from playing ever again. More then the "toxic" community people like you with your idiot nostalgia beams set to kill that are hurting this game- because one day blizzard will listen...and bury wow
    I'd settle for not being able to post on MMO-C ever again.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Flying mounts add nothing to the game for me. Sure it was fun as a changer when it first came, but now its just a way of travel. And im the opposite to you I think. I like to feel small in a large world. I dont like to feel like I have "godmode". But flying mounts is just a small detail. The bigger picture is the crossrealm queue system. I dont know about you, but I actually enjoyed teaming up and getting to know players from my own realm. Nowdays you dont have to do that in order to progress in raids etc. Just queue up and you're ready to go. you dont even have to know where the dungeon is located.
    Realm dungeons were enjoyable.
    When you didn't have to spend two hours finding a group.
    And another 15-20 minutes waiting for everyone to get ready and get to the dungeon.

And when the people weren't douchebags or ninjas.

So on rare occasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering why the idea was so silly. Makes sense now.

Anywho, it's a stupid fucking idea. Let's remove 10 mans and normal modes and make everything super duper heroics while we're at it

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    they would drive more away from the game than they bring back.
    LFR is what I play the most since it gives me the freedom to play but not be tied to the group like a flex, normal, or heroic. If LFR leaves I'm left with questing, dungeons, scenarios...kinda boring. Or trying to carve out time to play without interruption...ya that's not gonna happen any time soon.

I like ground mounts but flying mounts are just too good. I hate when my maxed characters are trying to get somewhere to do something but I have to go through a bunch of crap (mobs, terrain, whatever) to get there. I'm level-capped and I shouldn't have to deal with that garbage. I think they have a good balance now. Ground mounts when you level and in certain level-capped areas (isle of thunder, timeless isle, etc.)

Take away those two things and my enjoyment of the game is definitely going down and I'd end up leaving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I find it both interesting and sad that in 19 pages of debate on this topic, the OP has chosen to not respond to anyone who had a well worded and well thought out reply that was contrary to his/hers. Instead, the OP chooses to point out those who may be hostile and who don't necessarily add anything of value to the debate (no offense to those he has chosen to reply to). Something makes me wonder why that is. Hopefully the OP decides to come back and really engage in a good debate on this subject.
    That's because OP has a tendency of creating inflammatory threads and the jumping boat when everyone calls him out on it. Or when he responds he gets banned *shrug* anywho, I can't really call him out a whole lot more, mods don't like it

Your old WoW is dead. Get over it and adapt with the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I find it both interesting and sad that in 19 pages of debate on this topic, the OP has chosen to not respond to anyone who had a well worded and well thought out reply that was contrary to his/hers. Instead, the OP chooses to point out those who may be hostile and who don't necessarily add anything of value to the debate (no offense to those he has chosen to reply to). Something makes me wonder why that is. Hopefully the OP decides to come back and really engage in a good debate on this subject.
    It's what the OP does.

He makes flamebait posts that are known to cause pages of arguments, and worthless *debate* sits back and watches it go up in flames then picks and chooses the best posts to reply to that will further ignite the thread, gets banned, goes on vacation, comes back and rinse repeats. The bans never seem to teach him to be a courteous and thoughtful poster on these forums.

Yet here we are in his thread , doing what he hoped we would. /sigh