View Poll Results: At least one new model shown at Blizzcon

Voters
342. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    269 78.65%
  • No

    73 21.35%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Mechagnome Serendia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    615
    Yes one or two would be nice just to have an idea what to expect. There's many who are waiting for this.

  2. #82
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendia View Post
    Yes one or two would be nice just to have an idea what to expect. There's many who are waiting for this.
    You know, given how inflated expectations are. Maybe Blizz should wait on revealing the models.

    New Expansion QQ plus "No 3D armor, HD realism, and body types" QQ all on the same day? It'd implode the universe.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  3. #83
    Herald of the Titans Haidaes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    BUoE - Bureaucratic Union of Europe
    Posts
    2,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I think New animations is a given, the rest is not happening. But too Manu people think this'll be GW2 quality graphics after the update, not MoP quality graphics.
    The question about new animations is what kind of "new" they will go for. Will the slap-me-baby-one-more-time jump of male blood elves stay or will it be completly new? Will nightelves still make their ridiculous ninja role while jumping? Will your favorite dance stay or will it be removed? Will they just add more support potential facial features or will we just see them being a bit more fluid as they just have to fit the presumably more detailed models?

    Thinking about the little clip with shao hao after defeating garrosh sends shivers done my spine though, the pandaren talk animations they used for that... urgh.

  4. #84
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The question about new animations is what kind of "new" they will go for. Will the slap-me-baby-one-more-time jump of male blood elves stay or will it be completly new? Will nightelves still make their ridiculous ninja role while jumping? Will your favorite dance stay or will it be removed? Will they just add more support potential facial features or will we just see them being a bit more fluid as they just have to fit the presumably more detailed models?

    Thinking about the little clip with shao hao after defeating garrosh sends shivers done my spine though, the pandaren talk animations they used for that... urgh.
    They said that their objective with the updates was to keep the old feeling there. So likely the animations would look the same, but there'd be a lot more bending parts to give it a more realistic feeling. Think Garrosh's animations (not for the cinematic of course) compared to a normal Orc.

    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  5. #85
    Field Marshal Chaosclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    84
    I would certainly hope so, just so we can see some progress. I can imagine some of the races being shown through their development processes. Let us hope they look epic!

  6. #86
    Herald of the Titans Haidaes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    BUoE - Bureaucratic Union of Europe
    Posts
    2,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    They said that their objective with the updates was to keep the old feeling there. So likely the animations would look the same, but there'd be a lot more bending parts to give it a more realistic feeling. Think Garrosh's animations (not for the cinematic of course) compared to a normal Orc.
    Which is probably already disheartening for everyone that does play a human male character. I'm not sure the feeling of 'akwards jogger with stick up his arse' is a feeling that needs to be preserved. I also doubt that even blizzard is not tempted to change a few animations here and there, so the outcome will definetly be interesting, I think people should just not expect too much.
    Last edited by Haidaes; 2013-10-29 at 06:28 PM.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    And really, graphics will always be less than gameplay, the complaints about graphics are from the people who buy the new Maddn each year because the leg sinew looks so much more realistic. We really don't need those people
    Hardly. I've been subbed since Vanilla and the only thing that keeps me coming back to WoW is the fact that the game engine is optimised. If any other game had a smoother engine with better models I'd jump ship in an instant, I've tried ToR, ARR and now I'm playing Rift because I've nothing to do towards the end of the week on my main. Now if WoW's models were updated? I'd probably stay subbed until the inevitable downfall of WoW.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

  8. #88
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Dog Park
    Posts
    4,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    They said that their objective with the updates was to keep the old feeling there. So likely the animations would look the same, but there'd be a lot more bending parts to give it a more realistic feeling. Think Garrosh's animations (not for the cinematic of course) compared to a normal Orc.
    If Garrosh is the measure of what new models might look like i am ambivalent.

    for example i love his face, he so much more expressive and versatile than the old models, but i am really worried about the proportions of his tiny tiny little head that is smaller than his hands. obviously the Faction leaders and major lore characters like Jaina and Anduin and Wrathion represent new skins and could signal the directions of the races they represent, i wonder how close they are to the 'new' models.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Which is probably already disheartening for everyone that does play a human male character. I'm not sure the feeling of 'akwards jogger with stick up his arse' is a feeling that needs to be preserved. I also doubt that even blizzard is not tempted to change a few animations here and there, so the outcome will definetly be interesting, I think people should just not expect too much.

    So true! there are some animation quirks that really don't have to be preserved if their quirkiness is the result of the limitations of the animation technology of 8 years ago. I would not feel like my humans were ruined if they actually moved more like real goddamned humans.

  9. #89
    High Overlord NiceJazzhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    If Garrosh is the measure of what new models might look like i am ambivalent.

    for example i love his face, he so much more expressive and versatile than the old models, but i am really worried about the proportions of his tiny tiny little head that is smaller than his hands. obviously the Faction leaders and major lore characters like Jaina and Anduin and Wrathion represent new skins and could signal the directions of the races they represent, i wonder how close they are to the 'new' models.
    I really don't think that the new orc models will have the same proportions as Garrosh. I think he's especially large and distinctive looking just because of his role in this expansion. The Jaina/Varian models could be indicative of what we'd see for humans, though.
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

  10. #90
    Im seriously dissapointed if they dont showcase all of them. I know I'll be called a armchair-critic now, but theres 10 models that needs to be done, with variations and such, and that really shouldnt take this long. There is no reason for a project like that not to be done in under a year, and if something like that would be outsourced, the ones on the project would surely have been fired by now.
    It's just really lazy, and shows that they havent put any focus at all into it. I can get that it may take shitloads of time to implement, but a new model + textures is not THAT much work.

  11. #91
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    If Garrosh is the measure of what new models might look like i am ambivalent.

    for example i love his face, he so much more expressive and versatile than the old models, but i am really worried about the proportions of his tiny tiny little head that is smaller than his hands. obviously the Faction leaders and major lore characters like Jaina and Anduin and Wrathion represent new skins and could signal the directions of the races they represent, i wonder how close they are to the 'new' models.

    - - - Updated - - -




    So true! there are some animation quirks that really don't have to be preserved if their quirkiness is the result of the limitations of the animation technology of 8 years ago. I would not feel like my humans were ruined if they actually moved more like real goddamned humans.
    Yeah I"m not saying Garrosh is a pure example (he's always been a custom model) but he does show what Blizz plans for animations.

    And they wouldn't look like a stick up the ass if they had more than 4 joints (shoulder, hip) involved in moving.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  12. #92
    I think new models are pretty widely expected to be in the next xpac, so it would certainly stand to reason we would see some examples when the xpac is announced at blizzcon.

    I would honestly be fine if troll's just got the current Zandalari model, I think those guys look terrific.

  13. #93
    Stood in the Fire Ickabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    450
    When they said the models were only 25% completed, they also said they weren't priority and were more or less put on the back burner. I'm pretty sure if they made them priority, they'd be able to churn them out at a decent rate. Also, wasn't that statement regarding their progress like months ago? I'm sure they could have made some headway by now.

  14. #94
    Stood in the Fire Iconja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    432
    It's one of the major new features in the new expansion, I reckon they'll show them, yeah.

  15. #95
    Herald of the Titans Haidaes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    BUoE - Bureaucratic Union of Europe
    Posts
    2,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking Iconja View Post
    It's one of the major new features in the new expansion, I reckon they'll show them, yeah.
    We don't really know that. We just assume blizzard is sensible in taking one of their competitors strong points serious, especially considering for alot of people their character is just a more or less pretty focal point for the rest of the game.

  16. #96
    Pit Lord Geminiwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Demon Realm
    Posts
    2,317
    I think it's safe to say they would at least mention something about the models if not show an example. If they do show them though I'm going to say they'll probably just show the Human and Orc models just to show people what they can expect the other races to look like. I gotta say for something so minor I'm pretty excited to see what they will look like.
    “Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket." - Kneel Aurmstrang
    For your health.

  17. #97
    I am Murloc! muto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Inside a Bubble
    Posts
    5,995
    I think all the Vanilla races will get makeovers, but BC and beyond races will remain unchanged.

  18. #98
    Field Marshal Chaosclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I think all the Vanilla races will get makeovers, but BC and beyond races will remain unchanged.
    I hope the BC races are improved as well, especially the male draenei models. Although, I don't expect Cataclysm races, and of course MoP races to get updated.

  19. #99
    Herald of the Titans Agoonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    2,965
    I don't just hope so, I expect it.

  20. #100
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    2,173
    i think they have to, need to keep hype going and players are getting tired of reading about upgrades but not seeing any progres

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •