Poll: What type of WoW player are you?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unsubscribed.

I'm waiting until after the new expansion is announced at Blizzcon to decide if it's worth coming back for a while.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    The problem with these labels is that everyone has a different definition for them.

I have 11 90's, plus other toons on other servers with various levels. I have 18k achievement points, I'm Insane, I have every rep (minus PvP reps) at exalted. I only play about 20 hours a week now. I've only done LFR this expansion, don't raid otherwise, etc. I think valor capping is silly. PvP has no place in a PvE game, etc...

Someone who logs on for a couple hours a week and just spends time on his one level 90 would think I'm a hardcore nut. But I think I'm the definition of casual, because I don't adhere to any kind of gaming schedule.

I was more interested in how people see themselves, than in getting objective definitions. I could have asked how progressed people are in raids or how high an arena/RBG rating they have, but I was more curious in perception. I've met people who raid 2 nights a week for like 3-4 hours, but are in the top 100 US for progression and they call themselves casual.

Hardcore RPer and PvPer. Used to be a hardcore raider, but let it go after Cata happened.

I was pretty semi hardcore but I have no friends to play with anymore, So I guess I'd be extremely casual, I only log on for a few minutes, get sad and log off.

Deleted
    Casually-Hardcore.

By which I mean, my raiding days and hours are somewhat unpredictable and subject to change week on week since work/other stuff comes before WoW for everyone in my guild, but that doesn't mean we don't put in the time to know what we're doing and use the time we have to full effect. Our roster is also subject to change since we maintain a fairly large social-group and will bring people in as others quit/become too busy.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the game and my mood at the time. I'm the kind of person that will really get into a new game; where I need to beat it get 100% achieve and see everything but just when I'm about to hit 100%. I lose all interest and quit. WoW is probably the only game that I can honestly say I play casually, were I never really get fully into it but I don't completely lose interest. Even if I drop it I usually come back months later; that said this expansion has given me the longest hiatus from WoW ever. I will say that there are some games that I go completely hardcore like Pokemon (and spin-offs like conquest), Dragon Quest, Golden Sun, and other similar RPGs. Oh and The Last of Us which is probably the only PS3 game that I ever platinumed.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonsaii View Post
    What activities do you usually do during your play time? Old Content, Heroic Raiding, Normal modes, Flex, LFR, PVP?
    I'm one of those things the "hardcore" players hate... a "hardcore casual".

I spend my time doing whatever the f*** I want to do (everything mentioned in the quote). And some people can't stand that for some reason or another.

I was semi hardcore, but my last guild fell apart so I might quit and play other games for awhile, I dunno.

I would say I was intermediate back in WotLK. Cataclysm I was pretty casual for the most part only doing heroic dungeons and leveling alts. MoP start I could have been considered semi-hardcore as someone gunning for realm firsts but as soon as I hit max level I went super duper casual by playing only on the PTR and only dueling and talking to people with an arena or bg thrown into the mix once every couple of weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Semi-hardcore:
    - Raiding 3 nights a week for a total of ~9 hours (6 after all is on farm).
    - Raids are of high quallity, with a number of things expected: pre-knowledge of the encounters, simming your chars (minmaxing, theorycrafting), learning from mistakes and not doing the same one too many times, being verbal when needed, have good knowledge of your off-specc and strive to have gear for both speccs, willingness to sit out a progress encounter for the sake of progression (if your class sucks for the boss).
    - During the 1st-2nd weeks of a raid-patch being out, raiding days / times may be extended.
    - I've been known to spend a good 6-9 hours playing WoW on certain vacation days (doesn't happen often, but can occur if I have a clear goal set in my mind, like leveling to 90 after MoP came out).
    - I maintain 1-2 alts to a reasonable degree, 1 in PvE and 1 in PvP other than my main (not too hardcore though).
    - I like getting achievements / transmog stuff, so I play outside of raiding times alot.

That being said, I keep a healthy lifestyle around work, and have other interests and passions in life, while I do invest time in WoW, I would definetly say I spend alot of my free time away for it.... Semi-Hardcore (not too much time spent playing, but alot is invested upon quality).
    Last edited by Falu; 2013-10-29 at 08:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play about 4 hours a day. I consider myself intermediate.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Deleted
    I would say Intermediate - Semi Hardcore.

I raid 9 hours a week ( 3h x 3 nights), and don't realy play outside of that anymore (8 years of playing so...).
    We will kill Garrosh this week and start Heroic right after.

While 9 hours isn't a lot (I used to play a lot more back in the days), raiding 3 night a week feels like a big commitment to call myself a casual.

Deleted
    I play pvp i got arround 1500 rating atm because i can't find a good partner. i think im intermediate, semi hardcore and above are for 2200 imo :P

Casual. I do everything I can do solo (leveling alts, collecting things, etc), plus sometimes do LFG and LFR. No flex, normal or heroic raiding, used to heroic raid, not interested in that any more (and can't due to real life). PVP'd in several previous seasons, not doing it now, would like solo queues for 2v2 (which would give conquest points, yes).

I wish Blizzard provided more options for solo endgame. By adjusting the mechanics in old raids so that one can do all of them - including achievements - solo (this applies to several old instances as well), by making professions more interesting and useful not only at max levels, by making more reputations, more rares and more treasures, and by adding more parallel progression schemes like battle pets (liked the farm, want more, although perhaps with less "do it every day or miss out" flavor).

Lol 2 all the intermediate votes.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Casual until semester is over. Make gold/flex/old content every week.

I only LFR raid because I just dont have it in me to raid with a guild, but theres pretty much nothing that I have not grinded out in the game. I grind out everything as it comes out. Most people would put me in casual but I have a lot of casual friends and half of them cant even do the dailys long enough to get exalted before getting bored, yet alone grind out something like the archeology bug. id say intermediate.

I'd say semi-hardcore. 12h/week isn't really much to work with.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

10+ Year Old Account
    I consider myself casual.
    I usually play for 6hours during work days, and I can play up to 20h total on weekends. I sometimes just login to do daily cooldowns. When I do my 'normal' play day, I do LFR/Flex or farm something for gold.
    PM me weird stuff :3

I voted "Intermediate" I low-end progression raid 9 hours a week with additional old content/lfr/alt runs as desired. All in all I'd say I spend over 30 hours a week logged in.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun