Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    Rogue/BrM/Guardian say hi.
    Sure they do. That's why I have BrM offspec. And would have had a rogue and guardian alt if that would be doable w/o spending 100 hours on leveling+gearing.

Lower-populated lower-skilled guilds, or a social groups that is willing to raid but not to fish for optimal setups (that could change 1 patch later) will exist. Thats why WW's have a decent chance to raid something.
    I don't know how they do get their spots on current HC content though, but yet again, those are rare birds.

i dont know what everyones problem is.

im a WW monk is a semi hardcore 10 man raiding group. im always in @ progression fights because and i quote "we need the DPS".
    second thing is that a WW monk has huge mobility and alot of defense cooldowns and stuns.
    for example on the garrosh fight. i difuse magic / touch of karma+fort brew the whirlings and i can just keep dpsing him during.
    my group is very happy with me being a part of the group as a windwalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephenthos View Post

im a WW monk is a semi hardcore 10 man raiding group. im always in @ progression fights because and i quote "we need the DPS".
    second thing is that a WW monk has huge mobility and alot of defense cooldowns and stuns.
    for example on the garrosh fight. i difuse magic / touch of karma+fort brew the whirlings and i can just keep dpsing him during.

This. There are many pluses to having a WW monk, when it comes to cleave fights we are amazing.

Then congratulations, you are probably the best DPS on your raid group.

Sadly comparisons are made with equal gear and skill. I doubt there is a single player out there that will argue that a good player on a bad class will beat a bad player on a good class

Quote Originally Posted by Robb View Post
    when it comes to cleave fights we are amazing.
    Already refuted (as being true, but WW is not nearly the best, and only applicable on one fight anyway); read back a few posts

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    Then congratulations, you are probably the best DPS on your raid group.

Sadly comparisons are made with equal gear and skill. I doubt there is a single player out there that will argue that a good player on a bad class will beat a bad player on a good class
    Yup, I can only imagine they'd be saying the same thing if you, for example, mained a rogue, and also healers would love your smoke bomb. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues atm might bring the best melee dps . They are really "Die Hard" and high dps.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

I'll be honest. I'm in a pretty casual guild but I know for a fact that if I had the same ilvl of gear as a mage/warlock/hunter I'd destroy meters. Easily. Right now I'm just below our warlocks/rogues/hunters, sometimes beating them but once they get better gear (rogue/hunters specifically, they haven't had a weapon drop for them ever, they're all on LFR weapons while I have warforged from Iron Jugger) they'll fly far past me.

Personally I love BrM tanking and that was my original goal for my guild. I will be transitioning to BrM as our Pally MT is having a kid soon. So right now I'm just there for random times one of our MTs aren't on (Pally/DK) or to trivialize shamans, or because we don't want to find/vet a DPS class.

But yea, if your main goal was DPS and to blow up meters, I'd go either lock/hunter/mage. Personally I have a soft spot for my hunter which I mained in Vanilla/BC. Can't wait to level him up to 90

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Play what you like.

Play it to the best you can.

Forget everything else.
    Ayr - WW Monk
    US Aerie Peak(A) - Convert to Raid

The problem has nothing to do with us as the windwalker player base, anyone can DPS and windwalkers are sure as hell good at it, the problem is that a raidleader is going to look at your class and be like "whoa so many personal defensives, that's amazing, but how does it help the rest of the raid out?" Look at smoke cloud, banners, devotion aura, or even AMZ, these all bring a lot to the table. In 25 man, bringing one windwalker monk is not a huge deal, it's certainly something we can all get away with especially what with SEF the way it is, windwalker monks excel in cleave fights. But on single target fights like Thok, there's really no reason to bring a windwalker who can't contribute. We're barely above middle of the pack, we bring good self heals and self defensives, but our raid utility is for the most part, non existant. We're great on fights like Nazgrim or Council fights, but we're really not impressing anyone when we tell them our raid cd is used as a defensive.

The problem also relies in exactly what you said, we bring A LOT of stuff. We bring good CC on those fights like Nazgrim, we bring amazing mobility, good selfheals on Immerseus (and can even solo heal one puddle every phase, even WITHOUT chi burst), and I think if Blizzard gave us a raid cd like smoke cloud, we'd be the best melee dps hands down.

I think the resolution really is to just add a 5 minute Chi-Ji or Xuen Statue that increases melee/spell haste by 5%, and just remove Zen Meditation, or make it work against a lot more stuff and also scale into 25 mans by protecting 8-10 people instead of just 5.

My other idea, which is unrelated from this, was to outright remove Chi Torpedo, and remove Gift of the Ox and Jade Serpent Statue and make a level 90 talent that gives a statue depending on your spec. Ox = BrM, JS = MW, Chi-Ji = WW. Chi-Ji would give us a x% damage buff everytime we used TEB, this would therefore increase our mastery stat weight and would've made our 4pc this tier look a lot more appealing.