Thread: Blood Mastery

Blood Mastery

I saw a thread below similar to this but it was for DW Frost not Blood. How much Mastery is too much? I currently have 228 static and 257 raid buffed. Blood Shield is a little over 1million.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Shield in of itself is solely based on your health pool, the mastery component is how many Death Strikes it takes to cap said blood shield, now I have no math to back this up but I have found in raiding normals only that 180% unbuffed and 200% unbuffed offered very little if any benefit. Someone much smarter than me probably has done the math though.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

This would be for Heroics. 10/14H at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skmage View Post
    This would be for Heroics. 10/14H at the moment.
    Cool, I really hope someone has run the math for this cause I would be very interested my self on the answer.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

"an amount you and your healers are comfortable with"
    there's no magic number though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    "an amount you and your healers are comfortable with"
    there's no magic number though.
    Ehh i was afraid that was going to be the answer since the only limiting factor is rune regeneration to DS vice a diminishing return

Deleted
    i personally prefer to just go max out mastery - be the strongest you can be imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatehawk View Post
    i personally prefer to just go max out mastery - be the strongest you can be imo.
    That's all well and good but if you're maxing out your blood shield (especially on 25H) with any sort of regularity you need to consider dropping some. I am doing 10H and I've found that around 190% unbuffed seems to be enough for me. For reference I went mastery > avoidance > hit

~170-220% ub (=200-250 buffed) should be a rough upper limit.
    But then you should mostly be fine stacking avoidance anyway (and gain a sizeable amount of dps that way)

As others have said, it's up to yourself and your healers to find a level you are comfortable with.

I'm currently at 180% ub (raiding 25H) which feels fine, probably looking to bump it up a bit though.

tanking heroics as an off spec to Frost 2h dps..

reforge to: 7k Haste
    Parry-Haste(to 7k)-dodge-mastery are stats I go for

This is a "riposte" build, basically the more avoidance = more crit rating + vengence > more dps and static survival than mastery build.
    More survival by having more frequency of death strikes, while boosting your avoidance rather than relying on being hit to heal from the damage % or shield. Our healers don't even parse/log in the top 100 on any fight and I never really find myself taking alot of damage. Yet I can sit around 700k opener for garrosh, 300kish for mid, and end the fight around the same (300kish)

Mellee dps legendary cloak, legendary tank meta gem, cleave trinket, and crit stack trink

I am tanking 10H (8/14H) and at least in a 10 man environment I am taking less damage now with high avoidance build and 150% mastery (buffed) than I was with a 240% (buffed) mastery build.

Also, I am putting out WAY more damage at the same time, meaning that fights are shorter and less healing stressful for the healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prestilence View Post
    reforge to: 7k Haste
    That is way too much haste if you are properly soaking RP with AMS (and regenrative magic glyph) as well as having to tank more than 1 thing from time to time.
    I run as low as 1.3k haste (which i cannot get rid of atm) and I am GCD locked 90%+ of the time

EDIT: Also, if you are playing properly (which you should from your progress), Avoidance > Mastery, with hit/exp (7.5%) caps.
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

Deleted
    ive 301% mastery buffed in 10 H raid, 7k haste 35% Parry/Dodge i think is one of the best ways to play

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by janaya View Post
    ive 301% mastery buffed in 10 H raid, 7k haste 35% Parry/Dodge i think is one of the best ways to play
    That's a lot for 10m o_o ...

I'm at like, 250% or so, in 25m hc.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2013-10-30 at 08:31 PM.

Well, 1428.58% mastery would be the absolute cap.

But serious answer: What you're comfortable with. I've set it up so w/ the mastery buff I'm at 200% mastery, but I could easily drop down to 160 and be fine I reckon. I just like round numbers.