Deleted

confessions of an elitist troll

First off, I don't want to insult anyone, offend anyone or give anyone negative thoughts about me. but since the chance of encountering one of you guys in LFR is quite slim, i'm going to be brutally honest about my bad habits in LFR. I just want to come clean with this, and hope I can put this part aside me (not yet behind, I don't think i'm ready yet for that).

so let's begin. for as long as I've done LFR on my paladin, even from DS, I have often ninjapulled trash and then blamed it on a tab targeting malfunction, or a bug where it targets a mob i'm not in combat with. Sometimes genuinely on accident, but mostly on purpose. Sometimes we wiped, sometimes we managed just fine, but I got some perverted pleasure from every time that this ended up in the trash hulking out and killing players multiple times, often causing them to ragequit. I was not always happy from this, but sometimes it cheered me up after a long arduous day of getting no progress at all during my job and having to cycle home in the rain afterwards.

Sometimes, when my trinket was about to fade, I would pull the boss as a DPS so that I wouldn't lose my 6-9 stacks of the buff due to slow tanks.

That 40K Survival hunter whose main damage was his pet auto? I called him out, often with the intent of mocking him. I loved calling out the bad players in the raid, because I knew that for the only measuring stick LFR cared about, I am usually in the top 5, and always above the requirement.

Ignoring adds? I did it. Standing in voidzones? I did it. watching a DVD on my second screen? guilty as charged. I did not do this with the intention of wiping the raid (that costs me gold and time. I could usually avoid getting killed on the trash so that was less of an issue.), but I simply ignored most tactics in the mindset of "it's LFR, it's designed for people who struggle putting on penny loafers, there are others who do the right thing. shit dies regardless."

now, I did not do this all the time. I just did this when the fight was still for fun, and when I knew that the raid could handle it. I expressly don't do it when doing it means we would wipe. I didn't DPS through defensive stance. I switched to the add when it was needed. I did move the beams around correctly. I did start to act responsibly when there were a few dead but it was still salvageable. and most importantly, after the second stack of determination I dropped the "it's fun" pretended facade entirely and began doing the right thing, even if it meant dropping the fun thing.

I do not ask for understanding, since many of you wouldn't understand. I don't ask for forgiveness, since a number of you are rumored to do the same. I don't feel like I was doing the right OR the wrong thing, I feel like I was doing the personally correct thing. Ingame I have my own morals and rights, working within the confines of Blizzards morals, rights and duties, because I feel it's better to be a moderate psycho in a computergame than it is to be one IRL. IRL, I will act Lawful Neutral. but in a game, if the confines of the game allow it without too severe of a punishment, I will go full chaotic evil. Renegade, Dark Side, psychotic bastard, call it whatever you want, but I refer to it as Evil Genius, because it's the only place where being evil is morally acceptable and often even encouraged. but when being Evil is the dumb thing and doesn't gain me anything except losses, I switch to being responsible.

oh, and one more thing which some of you will agree with, others not: I love being kicked. I used to hate it and be offended by it, but once I realized it's just a game, I started to laugh about it. and now, I know that whenever someone kicks me, that hidden timer will increase the time I can be the moderate psycho next time.

Now that you've read my side of the story, and that you have gotten a glimpse of my internal struggle, I wonder how you feel about this, and whether you think I deserve praise (unlikely) or punishment.

I did the exact same shit, only I wasn't top 5. And I didn't get kicked. But considering this game is like 5th on the list after Pokemon, Rome, GTA, and Dota, I don't exactly take perverted pleasure in things. I just don't give a fuck. So the only thing you deserve is someone helping you get some better taste, cuz you're trolling is weak.

Deleted
    how I feel about this? I couldnt care less, I sometimes ninjapull too because people sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    how I feel about this? I couldnt care less, I sometimes ninjapull too because people sleep
    rofl, stop. this OP needs attention.

I also suffer from elitism. It's been a problem I've tried to deal with for ages. I would often go into LFR and purposely PW:S targets so aggressively no other disc priest could get a rapture proc, even if I didn't need the mana. I'd use my defensive CD's only to reduce the effectiveness of other's healing CD's. I life gripped druids who were tranqing religiously. I often called out other healers for being at 1/3rd my healing, while I used every tool in my arsenal and my 40+ ilvl advantage to prevent them from performing well.

Fortunately, after several sessions of therapy, I brought myself back to the light and now follow the masses. I put a paladin on follow, hopefully holy, and then alt tab until the run is done or I get kicked. I have about a 20% success rate.

Guys, call the scientists, call the government, a small singularity has appeared on the bottom of my carecup. My carecup was so empty after reading this wall of text that reality itself has colapsed through the bottom of my cup and formed a black hole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    rofl, stop. this OP needs attention.
    obviously yes

Quote Originally Posted by 9th power of twin pride View Post
    I do not ask for understanding, since many of you wouldn't understand. I don't ask for forgiveness, since a number of you are rumored to do the same. I don't feel like I was doing the right OR the wrong thing, I feel like I was doing the personally correct thing. Ingame I have my own morals and rights, working within the confines of Blizzards morals, rights and duties, because I feel it's better to be a moderate psycho in a computergame than it is to be one IRL. IRL, I will act Lawful Neutral. but in a game, if the confines of the game allow it without too severe of a punishment, I will go full chaotic evil. Renegade, Dark Side, psychotic bastard, call it whatever you want, but I refer to it as Evil Genius, because it's the only place where being evil is morally acceptable and often even encouraged. but when being Evil is the dumb thing and doesn't gain me anything except losses, I switch to being responsible.
    LOLOLOL And this guy says he's a troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    You sound like the average LFR player to me tbh.

Stood in the Fire ImEveryCliche's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely couldn't care less. Can't believe you wasted time posting this....or that I bothered to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Tenethon View Post
    Absolutely couldn't care less. Can't believe you wasted time posting this....or that I bothered to reply

I replied simply to prevent more important threads from rising. That and to say I do all this just because I need some release from the mindless daily life. If it werent for beimg an ass in game I would be a gigantic ass irl.

10+ Year Old Account
    confessions of a 16 year old who joined in wrath is what I understood.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

Deleted
    Good thing the flex has, for me, replaced the LFR because the waste of time caused by people like you feels as sad and upsetting as understanding that most often, their lack of commitment is due to their plain and empty life, or need for chaos. I'm sure there is something to psychoanalyze here .
    Nevertheless, whether you are in the top 5 or not doesn't matter ; I won't blame you nor anyone doing the same either, since I believe that constant experience shows us every man invested with power is apt to abuse it and carry it as far as he can go. Even though you're annoying (not trolling), there's no sanction for it so you weren't doing anything wrong in my opinion.

In the meantime, only once have I killed a random hunter against Durumu and I felt really uneasy for him and never even had the idea to try again, so that sort of behaviour is beyond my kin :/ . If you can have fun with it though, as I said, nothing prevents you from keeping on.

Not sure pity is the word, possibly mild disdain because yet another internet person couldn't play nicely when given the opportunity to hide behind the anonymity it offers.

Edit: I'm not sure I get the elitist thing. Not sure people can be elitist in lfr, just the "internet fuckwad theory" at work I suppose.
    Last edited by Deja Thoris; 2013-10-28 at 11:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would kick you out of my group, because I always lead my LFRs to victory and people listen to me.

Dude I was like REAL TALK I ain't about that like you feel me?

I feel sorry for how terrible it must feel to be you if this seriously is the only alternative you think can ventilate your daily frustration. It's interesting how you say that "It's just a game" but then continue on and on explaining how you come home and prioritize playing unproductively instead of figuring out what makes you feel this bad and then fixing it.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2013-10-29 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th power of twin pride View Post
    oh, and one more thing which some of you will agree with, others not: I love being kicked. I used to hate it and be offended by it, but once I realized it's just a game, I started to laugh about it. and now, I know that whenever someone kicks me, that hidden timer will increase the time I can be the moderate psycho next time.

Now that you've read my side of the story, and that you have gotten a glimpse of my internal struggle, I wonder how you feel about this, and whether you think I deserve praise (unlikely) or punishment.
    Hidden timer doesn't exist. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Is only those people that kicked you that get a longer timer. I don't get how the fuck people can be this retarded to still believe this. It's some rumor i've seen on these forums the past few weeks and now everybody go "omg this clearly is real"
    What the actual fuck. :P
    You can get kicked 1000 times every day if there was time for it. The same people can't kick more than a few per month, though.

About the rest.
    I hardly care. I tell people to kick ninjapullers, and look out for it. It annoys me a little bit when people pull bosses when i'm on the druid, since i want to cast my preheal before the fight, and be in a good position for the opening.
    Mostly just a principle that makes me get people to kick others. Not kicking them myself most of the time, because i like the ability to be able to kick people midcombat, which you only can if you kick very rare.

Never questioned the dungeons where you can't kick some AFK player, because there's 2 hours left, and right after somebody else can kick him?
    It hurts my soul that people believe in such stupid things as a fucking hidden timer to protect trolls, from no god damn evidence >.<
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's stop this here before flaming continues or gets worse.