New to XMogging.... and surprise, I am enjoying it.... but lack knowledge.

Somebody told me to go get Mogit. And that was awesome advice. Really, I just started to farm for XMOG about 3 -4 days ago.

I have no idea what really makes a great XMOG as far as selling them.... is it really just how badass they look? I know I found something called Robe of the Crimson Order for my priest and I think it rocks!

Anyway, I had a drop of Blade of Wizardry. Auctionator had it listing for 21K. When I went to the AH, sure enough 21K was the lowest price, and the highest was 39K. Before listing it I put it up in trade channel, with no offers, but one guy took it upon himself to whisper me that "You'll be lucky to get someone to pay 100g for that." I didn't reply, and then he came back with some smartass comment about how I had no idea what a good transmog was.

So, I went and Googled it and prices asked for it in 2013.... I saw prices as high as 45K. And lots of people said it sells for 10K - 20K. Different servers, of course.

With such little knowledge, what should I do? Just price it the way Auctionator has it? Go on my instinct? Or, is there a website to help me figure out pricing?

Not an XMOG, but a purple scroll for enchanting dropped in MC, and Auctionator had it at 1700g.... I used that and it didn't sell the first time I listed, but did sell the second time.

Being so new to this, I have no real clue what I am doing. I do know that I am really enjoying seeing the gear with Mogit..... So much cool looking gear that I never knew about.... I'm having fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit conflicted, are you asking for advice on selling stuff on AH or about xmog itself?
    To check for prices on items I use https://theunderminejournal.com/
    There are several similar sites, but I use UJ myself.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Well, I want to know more about prices, but ALSO want to know if you decide what to XMOG soley based on looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    Well, I want to know more about prices, but ALSO want to know if you decide what to XMOG soley based on looks.
    Mostly based just on looks, but if I put a set together and some of the items were random BOE world drops, I would first check AH prices. If I thought the price on AH was ridiculous (I wouldn't pay 10k for a random green out of principle :P), I'd see if it were feasible to farm myself, or find an alternative item that dropped in a dungeon or raid.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Mostly based just on looks, but if I put a set together and some of the items were random BOE world drops, I would first check AH prices. If I thought the price on AH was ridiculous (I wouldn't pay 10k for a random green out of principle :P), I'd see if it were feasible to farm myself, or find an alternative item that dropped in a dungeon or raid.
    Unless you are carzy like me and go for a set like Glorious plate and can't really "farm it" due to cata changes and only really have AQ as a really crappy option >.<

I woudl sugest going here for mog ideas

http://wowroleplaygear.com/

Thank you, all.