Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    ^every country is different, but finland, denmark and norway are all awesome countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    ^every country is different, but finland, denmark and norway are all awesome countries.
    Sweden is awesome too but norway is the best! And I'm not mocking sweden or swedish people (@Azshira)
    Last edited by Mirri; 2013-11-02 at 05:38 PM. Reason: You never know with some of these mods around..
    Mew!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirri View Post
    Sweden is awesome too but norway is the best! And I'm not mocking sweden or swedish people (@Azshira)
    There is no need to talk down on a mod when you obviously were being sarcastic and mocking another poster. No one has ever called halloween a "Go out of the house and talk to a girl" event. Covering your tracks with the so called holiday when you get an infraction, then pretending like the mod is way out of line, is just silly.

OT: I find this thread becoming kind of saddening with people throwing back and forth what their thoughts of other countries are without too much knowledge of said country. Random facts about income/education/healthcare/time off work/internet MS/time zones etc. to make excuses or explanations as to why so and so has or has not killed a boss yet seems to baffle me. I would be more interested in the specific mechanics or actually DPS/HPS requirement issues as to what these people are having a hard time with on Garrosh more than the socioeconomic strife that is causing them to not be able to raid enough. What is it about heroic Garrosh that is stumping people in 10 man that has been doable in 25? That is my question.

No idea why, but NA players/teams are normally last in many different games when it comes to ESports. Would be cool for a university to do an actual study into this topic.
    As an EU player, I guess its just because we are super l337
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

10+ Year Old Account
    My murrican' pride is slowly shrinking.

Quote Originally Posted by royals View Post
    There is no need to talk down on a mod when you obviously were being sarcastic and mocking another poster. No one has ever called halloween a "Go out of the house and talk to a girl" event. Covering your tracks with the so called holiday when you get an infraction, then pretending like the mod is way out of line, is just silly.

OT: I find this thread becoming kind of saddening with people throwing back and forth what their thoughts of other countries are without too much knowledge of said country. Random facts about income/education/healthcare/time off work/internet MS/time zones etc. to make excuses or explanations as to why so and so has or has not killed a boss yet seems to baffle me. I would be more interested in the specific mechanics or actually DPS/HPS requirement issues as to what these people are having a hard time with on Garrosh more than the socioeconomic strife that is causing them to not be able to raid enough. What is it about heroic Garrosh that is stumping people in 10 man that has been doable in 25? That is my question.
    This thread is discussing why multiple EU 10mans have managed to kill it while not a single US 10 man has killed it. That's why discussions are veering towards other reasons other than gaming mainly due to the fact that the bosses are the exact same in both regions.

Discussing 10v25 is a infractable offence on the forums. People have been banned Don't try to steer the conversation down that path.

And if you aren't able to see my previous posts as a cheeky joke rather than an attempt to talk down to a mod (who has done nothing to me), I may need to work on my joke telling skills then. (You are probably going to pass this off as another attempt to cover my tracks anyway if I know your kind)
    Mew!

LoL. WoW is super easy now.
    My guild one shot Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Yeah mine too, shame about the loot though. They really should increase the LFR drop rates...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuul View Post
    Yeah mine too, shame about the loot though. They really should increase the LFR drop rates...
    No, our guild is LFR realm first. Possiblely world first.
    Too bad, people are biased and don't keep track of LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    No idea why, but NA players/teams are normally last in many different games when it comes to ESports. Would be cool for a university to do an actual study into this topic.
    As an EU player, I guess its just because we are super l337
    The americans can't help it, they've probably blown up half of their teammates

a month late, good game.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glogz View Post
    a month late, good game.
    Grats Nightmare Asylum!

Grats Nightmare Asylum, took them 13 days which is comparable to the amount of time it took most of the eu guilds that killed it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    and i suggest you reading a bit closer. 10man heroic garrosh in Murica has not been slained.

eitherway. majority of the "better" guilds in the US have for a long time been 25man. EU is more of a 10 area (dont ask me why this is)

also this tier seems a bit easier, atleast for some fights- on 25man. (no not stating x setting is harder than y, simply saying that some fights has their advantages and disadvantages in both settings)
    Meh, the only real notable ones are thok on 10m, siegecrafter on 25m.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Anecdotal evidence of an unnamed and therefore unknown example..
    Let's look at a prominent example, of a well known and respected top guild in the world, shall we?
    PARAGON...... From their website, and their FAQ..

keep in mind, this was written when Cata was current, and World first race for DW kill was on..
    http://www.paragon.fi/articles/paragon-qa-we-answered

So we see, that's not quite what you are saying here..
    Also, it's fairly known amongst those who frequently visit or visited the top guilds websites, how they actually raid... Ensidia too..
    Ensidia had an app requirements list up prior to Cata, which clearly stated how you must be able to basically raid 24/7 up until the World First race is over.
    Most of them falling back to the probably most casual approach once they are done.. Raiding once a week.

Anyhow....
    College costs an arm and a leg in the US... Students need to work a lot more than EU students have to.
    Regular Jobs.... EU members have shorter work week hours (generally), and the income is normally higher, hence they don't have to work so long, or even take up 2 jobs, unlike many Americans have to.
    On that note, many Americans need the second job also because Americans have a tendency to live off credit cards, buying all kinds of stuff they couldn't afford. EU residents usually don't do that. They spend the money they have, and maybe one or the other smaller loan. That's a general tendency, conditions may vary by country..
    And last but not least, the infrastructure. On a task where every digit point of output matters, the internet speed is a key factor. The infrastructure in the EU generally is way ahead on that end. The US neglected that part brutally. The once leading country on telecommunication and information tech, allowed itself to fall behind by about 10 years in technology. In many rural parts it's even further behind.
    All good points although frankly I have no idea how anyone who raids in world first guilds manages to hold down a job of any kind, unless it's super casual work and they can just not work for a couple of weeks every now and then.

- - - Updated - - -

No, our guild is LFR realm first. Possiblely world first.
    Too bad, people are biased and don't keep track of LFR.
    What the hell did I just read?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    All good points although frankly I have no idea how anyone who raids in world first guilds manages to hold down a job of any kind, unless it's super casual work and they can just not work for a couple of weeks every now and then.
    - - - Updated - - -

Fulltime job 8-17 with 2 hours of travel all together. Makes it 10 h afk. Still managed to get a decent rank. I slept for 3-4 hours each day for 6 days(a whole working week). It was managable but not healthy.

Anyhow, we got our first US kill and I would like to congratulate Nightmare Asylum. ! Took some time but at least they made it to the front page, 4 spots left to claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkovius View Post
    Fulltime job 8-17 with 2 hours of travel all together. Makes it 10 h afk. Still managed to get a decent rank. I slept for 3-4 hours each day for 6 days(a whole working week). It was managable but not healthy.

Anyhow, we got our first US kill and I would like to congratulate Nightmare Asylum. ! Took some time but at least they made it to the front page, 4 spots left to claim.
    Decent rank ?! Man you are humble haha. You guys are one of the best raiders in the world - don't sell yourself short =p
    Mew!

My guild got world first.
    WoW is so easy.

Troll -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-11-05 at 11:19 PM.

My guild got world first.
    WoW is so easy.
    What an insightful and excellent contribution to this thread.

Pulitzer prize nominees are seriously watching out for this guy right here, he could take it any time.

I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but hasn't EU had the majority of the world firsts over the entire history of the game? Like 70-80%? I could be totally wrong however and remembering something entirely different.