Poll: Why don't you tank SoO LFR?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All the keyboard commandos come out in LFR. Unless a couple of friends/guildies need the run, I don't need to L(ook) F(or) R(etards).

Deleted
    tanking means u have to know what your doing and have to do your job.. weras dps can just turn up knowing nothing and please themselves what they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    A better question is why would I tank LFR? I have 3 tanks and two could probably benefit from it. But, I do flex in it's stead. Actually now that I think of it I haven't qued for LFR on any character since SoO was released.
    Last edited by Sliippy; 2013-10-30 at 05:36 AM. Reason: After thought.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Tanked LFR yesterday. Oneshotted malkorok, 2shotted spoils, then queued to wing4 and 2shotted garrosh. Still don't understand your problems.

I voted for something else.

For me it's the abuse you get for not reading the tactics before hand and writing a 6000 word essay about them.
    I want to PLAY the game, not fucking read it. Why is that so hard for some people to understand?

I mean I love tanking! Just why do most players want to read the tactics? WHY?! WHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY?!

10+ Year Old Account
    tanking is the easiest role so its my most chosen role if im starting to gear a up in LFR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonheart327 View Post
    I voted for something else.

For me it's the abuse you get for not reading the tactics before hand and writing a 6000 word essay about them.
    I want to PLAY the game, not fucking read it. Why is that so hard for some people to understand?

I mean I love tanking! Just why do most players want to read the tactics? WHY?! WHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY?!
    There's no excuse for the abuse that comes in these situations...

But, you're just going to have the least opportunity to "learn on the job" when playing a tank compared to the other roles, and that's the way it always has been. LFR will merely exacerbate the impatience that people feel when having to wait on a tank to learn the fight. And the concept of reading/researching video game strategies and tactics isn't exactly new in itself. I personally don't like running in blind, so I don't usually have that problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was MT from TBC to Cata.. The Active Mitigation crap ruined my will to tank anything.. So now, I just pewpew..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I was MT from TBC to Cata.. The Active Mitigation crap ruined my will to tank anything.. So now, I just pewpew..

what ? so you rather be spamming your mindless rotation and the 'survive' part if being tank which in my opinion is the only nice things about tanking there nothing better than to (as a paladin) use your rightous shield and get that 60%ish arbsorb and know if you hadnt done that you would be dead thats the cool thing it makes the role fun.

Two tanks need to cooperate to have a smooth run in LFR.

I find that the odds of getting a second tank who'll cooperate is 50/50, and the rest of the time I end up spending half my time fighting with an ego driven prima donna who generally has very little clue what they're actually doing. Considering you're already in conflict with at least a couple of other ego driven prima donna's amongst the DPS, it just becomes far too much of a pain in the ass to waste my time with.

I could deal with it if the prima donnas in question had half a clue, but generally speaking they don't even understand the mechanics of the encounters anyway. I've dealt with a few rude as hell people in LFR before who haven't bothered me that much, because at least they knew what they were doing... but that's rare. I'm working my way through heroics as a tank + raid lead, I have better things to do with my alts than bitchfight & herd cats through tanking LFR.

Much better to organise an alt run of normal - and/or flex now - and have a much more pleasant & cooperative experience.

Never thought I would hear that as a reason to not like tanking. For me its the opposite, instead of just being the tank, I am now tanking

Because I fall asleep while tanking

Just swapped my main from Rogue to Blood DK so I could tank. Tanking is kind of awesome actually. I like how you and the other tank are standing there in front of the big monster, all the other raiders are somewhere on the other side, and you're talking via whispers about taunts and add pickup and things. Two bros against the world.

And of course *cough* instant queues *cough*.

Well, depending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    No option for "I DO tank LFR"?
    I do it on my alt though :P
    PM me weird stuff :3

I do tank LFR quite often (as I do flex/normal/heroic), I prefer to DPS it though (if I have the time to sit for 45 mins in the que that is), as it is one of the few rare occasions where I can do it, since they forced double tank on all encounters via boring gimmiks. Before that I often used to just switch for some encounters and do dps when only one tank was needed. And to be honest, tanking is quite dull, active mitigation is laughable easy to do, you'd have to lack a brain to fail at that. Tanks usually only have to care about 1-2 abilities, the one thing npc_one stacks on you and if present the thing npc_two stacks on the other tank. This makes every boss fight kinda the same from my perspective.

My CPU doesn't like 25mans. I have years of tanking experience but I'm no good when my game looks like a slide show.

Personally I would like my mitigation to be MORE active.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really dislike tanking due to the fact that I could do 90% of an instance flawless and then make a tiny mistake like pressing one button wrong and en epic whinestorm is released from the other players that can go on forever or until votekick. Therefore I choose dps where I can be relaxed, make tons of mistakes and still be accepted as a teammember.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrungne View Post
    Never thought I would hear that as a reason to not like tanking. For me its the opposite, instead of just being the tank, I am now tanking
    Some people really do prefer a more passive style to tanking, I've got a couple guildies who are that way. I'm with you, though: AM keeps me busy on a moment-to-moment basis, which was not the case when I tanked back in the previous 3 expansions.

I have a monk, druid, deathknight at 90 and a pally in the making. I tank with all of them. Tanking LFR however is very little rewarding. There are 17 DPS classes in that raid and rarely 2 of them deal more damage than I do. I feels like dragging 15+ idiots that don't know how to play their class through and noone says thanks. Worse, I actually got flamed pretty bad (as in people got very insulting) after a single wipe, caused by hitting the enrage timer, thanks to jumping jack casual low bob DPS - get this, "because my 2 line boss explaination", that worked all the time before, "was not enough to understand the boss".

IMHO anyone doing LFR in a DPS role, who does less than - let's say on Iron Juggernaut, which is essentially a patchwerk fight with very little movement - less than 50k dps, should be booted automaticly. How is that even possible to deal that low amounts of damage if you have iLvl to join that specific LFR? My mage dealt 80k with a 429 green staff - that was pretty bad already... it gets worse - I was in top5.

The timeless isle didn't help in that regard, because it's now easier for people who got to 90 with one button to get into LFR. Proof: My mage went to Orgrimmar the night he hit 90 --- full timeless and a green staff.

Also I really hope that it becomes mandatory to complete proving grounds (at least silver) before you may enter LFR. Not gonna happen though

To me LFR is a way to collect items for the legendary questline and to jumpstart equip for toons. Other than that it's the pest, best to be franticly avoided.

Flex on the other hand is awesome. same mechanics, less dmg and all - that's how to teach idiots a boss, not by removing mechanics.