Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do Horde even PvP these days?

IoC to AV - no one really knows the objectives of these BG.
    IoC for me has a damn near 100% lose rate, same with AV.
    99% of people in AV rush straight to Vann - they flood /bg with "y r we losing, lol u nubz all come to vann so we can kill him" ... I don't know if AV has changed in MoP ... but seriously ... what the actual fuk?
    Like I kid you not, we don't have any bunkers, we're not defending any towers, at BEST we'll ONLY have Stormpike GY ... at BEST.

How do you get into these YOLO RBGs I hear about? Do you need any voice chat? Cause that's what I'll have to do to score any decent amount of honor.

Horde wins every other bg man

Deleted
    I see it too, in both factions.
    People don't know the most basic stuff and it seems almost everyone is a new player.

I think the days of the loyal oldskool group that kep palying is over and the community is renwed almost every year :S

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Crusader Absalom View Post
    99% of people in AV rush straight to Vann - they flood /bg with "y r we losing, lol u nubz all come to vann so we can kill him" ... I don't know if AV has changed in MoP ... but seriously ... what the actual fuk?
    Like I kid you not, we don't have any bunkers, we're not defending any towers, at BEST we'll ONLY have Stormpike GY ... at BEST.

How do you get into these YOLO RBGs I hear about? Do you need any voice chat? Cause that's what I'll have to do to score any decent amount of honor.
    Try Silvershard Mines, Eye of the Storm, and Deep Wind Gorge as Alliance. The level of ineptitude there more than balances out the Horde ineptitude in AV and IOC.

I made this the other day. Most people don't even know that releasing wing commanders gets you 27 honor if they all make it home, or where they are or even to release them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlS1cjfekEU

It's what it takes to win in there, and yet, you still don't win, because there are never more than 5 people doing it right on O. It honestly feels like I have to cap, and guard, 4 bunkers, while also solo-defending the choke, the FW towers and the RH. I go O, there's no D, I go D, there's no O.

I think I win 1 out of 15 AV's on my horde mage.

I just don't understand why they're so bad. It boggles mind that most of them think that we can just take Vann with 3 adds in a random bg.

Back capping? What is that....defending huh? No no, let's all go north and wait for the victory

I refuse to do AV anymore since they changed where the Alliance started basically handing them a 5-10 min auto win. But like the Temple (new MOP BG with the orbs) I have only ever lost 2 matched there this entire xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by connectz View Post
    I think I win 1 out of 15 AV's on my horde mage.

I just don't understand why they're so bad. It boggles mind that most of them think that we can just take Vann with 3 adds in a random bg.

Back capping? What is that....defending huh? No no, let's all go north and wait for the victory
    I'm sure I'm not the only horde player who has AV blacklisted. Complete and utter waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Av is my fav with AB right behind!

i really hate it when no-one understand the importance of running in grps and stay at what they capped! i enjoy the battles where we win because we actually do the opposite of those things i mentioned, otherwise you can stand alone at a tower or an bunker and getting zerg by the ally people who understand what pvp is all about !

i really like AV, but i hate queuing for it cuz it's 99% chance that we lose, cuz people want a fast game.
    Last edited by Rageadon; 2013-10-29 at 09:01 PM.

Horde wins all bgs except IOC and AV. They should change the names of the begs to Temple of Hordemogu, Silverhorde Mines, Horde Peaks, Hordesong Gulch, Horde Basin, Horde Wind Gorge, Horde of the Ancients.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I refuse to do AV anymore since they changed where the Alliance started basically handing them a 5-10 min auto win.
    Oh you mean like Silvershard Mines where the horde is handed 2 carts and a shorter travel distance from the get go while Alliance gets 1 and an epic journey to the dropout point ?
    Last edited by Molestron; 2013-10-29 at 09:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    AV and IoC are the only BGs that Alliance wins consistently. Horde have an absurd advantage in Silvershard and a lesser advantage in AB. The rest are more 50/50 most of the time but it seems extremely rare for me nowadays to not queue against a premade in 10 man BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Temple of Hordemogu,
    Isn't it a balanced map or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Isn't it a balanced map or am I missing something?
    Well yeah it is but horde is well known for its brute force and zerg that helps them win the majority of the bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Well yeah it is but horde is well known for its brute force and zerg that helps them win the majority of the bgs.
    I'm still not understanding these comments. So horde "zerg" and the alliance do what exactly? I've never seen them put tents up and picnic baskets out and discuss tactics. In fact I'm pretty sure the last time I was in there some alliance bastard ran right for me and tried to separate my head from my shoulders.

Anyway, I'm just messing. Horde OP complains horde sucks and later alliance person claims the same about his faction, going as far as to imply map imbalance where there is none.

Lol, so I'm what I'm taking from this thread is AV and IoC are the BGs Horde always loses - yet whenever I qeue, they are the ONLY ones I ever get.

If you're horde and you don't have these two on blacklist then you're doing it wrong.

I have them blacklisted, but I have terrible luck anyway, i always get the groups that lose EVERYTHING someone said earlier horde win everything else, i call bs on that. We can't even win AB anymore and that WAS the horde bg. maybe i just get stuck with botters or noobs i dunno, but it sucks and caused me to switch to pve

also before flaming sure i'm not the best player either but at least i keep up with match objectives and don't just mindlessly fight on roads

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Crusader Absalom View Post

I got my "master of" achievements for both of those back when we were decent at them. Now? Blacklisted.

A YOLO RBG is usually through OQueue or OpenRaid, you don't need voice chat (that's why they are yolo) and are primary to cap valor for the week and only stay together until the first loss. Run off 4-5 wins and 8-9 members stay, lose one match and it's over.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Ellixen View Post
    I have them blacklisted, but I have terrible luck anyway, i always get the groups that lose EVERYTHING someone said earlier horde win everything else, i call bs on that. We can't even win AB anymore and that WAS the horde bg. maybe i just get stuck with botters or noobs i dunno, but it sucks and caused me to switch to pve

also before flaming sure i'm not the best player either but at least i keep up with match objectives and don't just mindlessly fight on roads

A lot has to do with the time you play. I've notice that in the afternoon into early evening its usually alliance that have better teams. Later at night, during the day, and most of the time on weekends its usually horde that win.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. IoC and AV are alliance favored. It's painfully obvious.

2. Most ("good") Horde blacklist them from randoms.

3. Human racial.
    Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2013-10-30 at 07:41 PM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.