Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    AV is alliance favored. It's painfully obvious.
    Except... it isn't. Play with German Horde and they will teach you a thing or two.

AV/IoC favor Alliance by design, and have for years. Most Horde players blacklist them, and do pretty well in the other BGs.

As you noted, if you fail to blacklist them, they always pop up. This is because no other Horde do them. Blacklist AV/IoC.

you guys are forgetting strands of ancients... arguably the worst bg for both sides.... can only blacklist 2 out of these 3...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    you guys are forgetting strands of ancients... arguably the worst bg for both sides.... can only blacklist 2 out of these 3...
    Nobody forgot, and everyone hates doing it. But SotA has some perks over the other two.

1. Faster games.
    2. More prone to actually involve some PvP.
    3. Less frequently chosen by the random BG selector (likely due to smaller team size, and the fact that far fewer Horde blacklist it.)
    4. No imbalance favoring one faction over the other. Fairness reduces my anger level.

I definitely think they should expand on the blacklist feature. But in the meantime, the choice is obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Crusader Absalom View Post
    Lol, so I'm what I'm taking from this thread is AV and IoC are the BGs Horde always loses - yet whenever I qeue, they are the ONLY ones I ever get.
    Because Alliance queues for them specifically for them because they are the only BGs they win. And if you queue into a *random* BG, you will be thrown in BGs that other people have queued specifically for. So it's not really random. If you have them blacklisted, it becomes slightly more random, but you still have all the people on the legendary quest trying to win Silvershard Mines and Temple of Kotmogu, so you will get those ones a lot too.

Used to love the old 'epicness' of the old AV from many years ago but noone wants a 3 day long war in the valley anymore, I get that .

Now it's all about "I want ma points NOW!". Player goes on getting points, gets the gear, and doesn't PvP after that (many do this, which is mind boggling but anyway). So all this "now now now now now attitude" makes too large of a slice of the population to prefer losing quickly, than winning slowly so zerg is the name of the game, even if it fails completely in AV.

AV: Alli choke point, the bridge...so they go D, bridge is hard to take and you can umm, fall. The horde perfect choke point is far further north than our base...there is one near the base but because of towers and things, you have a lot of LoS protection to pop in and out or amass an attack if you're alliance. But since playing "D" is rare, the zerg strat fails because....the two bunkers in Alliance base are far apart, those in Horde base are close together (easier to take if close). Balinda requires the horde to loop around to get into the building's entrance and bunkers far off to the east of this location, the horde one is a straight run through on your way to the first tower so why not do it. The horde of course don't play the BG correctly at all because the "zerg" vs. "zerg" gives an edge to alliance since it's a straight run through. Follow the "1 road" and you'll hit every single target.

IoC: The docks are the best node to get and it is clearly closer to the alliance base. I've never ever ever gotten there before alliance, or even to get close enough to be within 30-40 yards to range the person capping the flag. It's all about the docks. Horde can fight over the middle which isn't a bad node but often contested. The ship is far off and very slow to get to the alliance base to perform a decent assault.

Master of both, I've also had those black listed for a long time.

How to win IoC as horde.

Don't storm docks right at the beginning. Send a small group to wait until the alliance has the glaives. Kill the glaives asap, they are squishy. Gz, you won.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    How to win IoC as horde.

Don't storm docks right at the beginning. Send a small group to wait until the alliance has the glaives. Kill the glaives asap, they are squishy. Gz, you won.
    I kill both glaives all the time. It doesn't produce the result you think it does.

Deleted
    Its really strange how horde wins most of the time in AV in lower brackets doing that have to be done aka strong defend in base and slowly melt allis
    On 90 you need 2 bunkers destroyed and can jump on boss

I have AV and IoC blacklisted. And when the call to arms is one of those, I simply do a random. I gave up on thinking the horde could win those BGs a long time ago.

How to win IoC as horde.

We alliance tend to wait for those who want to kill glaives, at least i do. as soon as you pop you'll be dead in 5 secs

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    We alliance tend to wait for those who want to kill glaives, at least i do. as soon as you pop you'll be dead in 5 secs
    Doubtful. If there is a team of like 5 people, you can't stop them from killing the glaives, especially since most alliance are morons and will run ahead of the glaive, leaving just a few to watch the glaives, and then jerk off at the horde gates waiting for the glaives to break them, except the glaives are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Its really strange how horde wins most of the time in AV in lower brackets doing that have to be done aka strong defend in base and slowly melt allis
    On 90 you need 2 bunkers destroyed and can jump on boss
    It's the burst. I've single-handedly on a hunter stopped the lead zerg. It takes like 3 arcane shots to kill someone and they can't do a thing about it unless they have a bubble. The same thing is happening to the Horde O, and before you know it, a turtle, which favors the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    It's not stoppable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbaUQvANF_c

Alliance never win in my BGs

I pvp so much, horde paladin :P!

As of late, Alliance strat at IoC is to split and take WS and Docks...we usually succeed. then, using both glaives (if they survive) and tanks, knock down gates faster than horde running bombs

- - - Updated - - -

Doubtful. If there is a team of like 5 people, you can't stop them from killing the glaives, especially since most alliance are morons and will run ahead of the glaive, leaving just a few to watch the glaives, and then jerk off at the horde gates waiting for the glaives to break them, except the glaives are dead.
    from my experience at least ~12 of us stay to guard glaives and usually only 1-2 horde (mostly rogues and ferals) try to burn down glaives. and we kill them b4 they can drop one. sometimes a hunter may run across once we have them set up at horde gate but hes killed quickly as well.