Poll: How should Blizz handle "race-expansions" going forward?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    4 data points is not a trend

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

We had enough races before the Pandaren. Now we have one too many. They should NOT add any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Blizzard say in one of their interviews that after they made the Pandarian that they felt neutral races were too much of a pain and weren't likely to do them again?

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No more new races. We don't need anymore really, we're spoiled for choice in that regard. What are we not spoiled for? Character customization and player model quality. Before they even think of adding new races they need to bring the customization level of characters to the level of competitor MMO's. The standard MMO allows you to customize the body type, choose from a wide array of hair styles and generally make your character more or less unique in a small crowd and less unique in larger crowds.

The age of the game and the engine is not an excuse. They've transformed and engineered the game wonderfully over the years, compared to what they've done so far with an ancient engine and what we're asking for here isn't very much at all in the long run.

We've got a ton of races in game with neglected stories, outdated visuals and with each new race they add those ones getting love seems far less likely with each expansion released.

Also sub races. Give us sub races.
    Butts.

Deleted
    1 for ally and 1 for horde, i play both sides

Deleted
    First of all I don't believe Blizzard follows a trend of adding set in stone number of things when building an expansion. They will add new classes and new races if they feel the game needs at the time if it fits expansion theme.

I too much rathar see updated models than new races.

Quote Originally Posted by Urukk Wartusk View Post
    half-implemented races.
    Whatever that means...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Didn't Blizzard say in one of their interviews that after they made the Pandarian that they felt neutral races were too much of a pain and weren't likely to do them again?
    GC said he didn't like how it turned out. He never said they wouldn't do it again, and it's not even his call to make.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Targo View Post
    Whatever that means...
    I'm guessing it means implementing a race and then completely ignoring them beyond their debut expansion (Draenei) or starting zone (worgen).

No thanks! I'd rather just have my models updated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll take playable neutral Ethereals plus remodeled races.

Why Ethereals? Because they've got a solid leader (Nexus-Prince Haramad), a base in Netherstorm, cool backstory, aren't furry, and pose no problems with mounts. Oh, and they're cool.

(PS: I love Ethereals.)

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play both sides, so one race for the Alliance and one race for the Horde. Preferably High Elves and Ogres. Although I really wouldn't mind seeing Naga with legs a'la heroic Ragnaros; I recall seeing a picture of the sorts once, of night elves who weren't completely transformed into Naga and fighting against Azshara (although this last part I'm not clear on, this was a long time ago when I saw the thread the picture was in). I feel that's the only way we'll get playable Naga - and yes, I've heard the argument about armor wrapping around their torsos and side-saddles for their mounts, but still.

On new models, I'd rather Blizzard take their time on them. Being partially done, I don't expect to see them being doled out in the upcoming expansion. And I would welcome sub-race selections in character creations - i.e. Mag'har for orcs, Dark Iron and Wildhammer for dwarves, taunka for tauren, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    We had enough races before the Pandaren. Now we have one too many. They should NOT add any more.
    no such thing as to many races
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    i just...
    i just don't...
    undertstand how that could possibly be true

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted content here

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    i just...
    i just don't...
    undertstand how that could possibly be true
    How about them having failed to develop the story for alot of the player races, even the one they added this very expansion? Adding more races just to abandon them after the starting zone is not exactly good practice. Not to mention that working around armor restrictions for more and more races isn't going to help them making new armor any faster. Then there is the shenanigans with the racial abilities, which have to be always better than existing ones, to increase the money grabbing via script-milking the players. Oh and spitting out believable story segments w/o doing nasty things, w/o consent, to the behind of the poor creature known as Lore.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-10-29 at 09:41 PM.

Deleted
    Hopefully no new races or classes. Last thing we need.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    How about them having failed to develop the story for alot of the player races, even the one they added this very expansion? Adding more races just to abandon them after the starting zone is not exactly good practice. Not to mention that working around armor restrictions for more and more races isn't going to help them making new armor any faster.
    The story for the Pandaren was developed a lot during this whole expansion, considering their continent was the main focus of it :P I will agree though that some races have been ignored and will hopefully be developed more within future expansions.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    how bout new models for the ones we have instead of trying to waste time and resources on new ones... If the old ones got revamped we would not need new ones or want new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by reimonic View Post
    One neutral race + updated models.
    Blizzard will likely never do neutral races again, even Ghostcrawler stated he hated the idea, but only did it, because too many people wanted to play Pandas, and only giving them to one side would have caused an uproar.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...65802590384129

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosclaw View Post
    The story for the Pandaren was developed a lot during this whole expansion, considering their continent was the main focus of it :P I will agree though that some races have been ignored and will hopefully be developed more within future expansions.
    The player pandaren are essentially a completly diffrent people. It's like saying the US got something, because the UK did, which we both know is not sensible.