Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    yes imagine if she had just co-operated....
    Sigh, one conformist in every topic...

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Well, after reading the story about the other two incidents, this time using a gun instead of a taser, I am damn sure, this guy should be looking for a new job. He used a taser, knocking a intoxicated girl into vegetative state, shot two innocent men and is still doing his job?
    This is ridiculous. Such a bad cop.
    She was under the influence of drugs not drunk. We were not told what she was suspected of doing. The other singular shooting was a year later and he was cleared on that as well. You have no idea what is involved in being a police officer and therefore are not fit to judge if he is a bad cop or not. Cops who hesitate end up dead like the hundreds a year who are killed in the line of duty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    I always try but its simply not possible with Americans
    And really you are resorting to nation bashing and it's the Americans who can't be rational right? Since you have such a negative view on Americans I suggest you look for an alternate forum to frequent as there are a lot of us here.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2013-10-30 at 09:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    She was under the influence of drugs not drunk. We were not told what she was suspected of doing. The other singular shooting was a year later and he was cleared on that as well. You have no idea what is involved in being a police officer and therefore are not fit to judge if he is a bad cop or not. Cops who hesitate end up dead like the hundreds a year who are killed in the line of duty.
    Agree, but this one isn't one of them:
    Richard described how terrifying it was.

"When I brought my hand up to give him my license, I saw a flash. He shot me in the hand. I was in shock. I kept saying, 'It's OK, I'm a minister, I'm a minister.' Then I heard the trooper say, 'Oh my God, oh my God. What did I do? What did I do?'" said Richard.

She was under the influence of drugs not drunk.
    Doen't intoxicated mean both? Being under influence of alcohol or ither drugs?

We were not told what she was suspected of doing.

The other singular shooting was a year later and he was cleared on that as well.
    Being cleared, doesn't mean, that your behaviour is right. In addtion he seriously imaged the image of the police. He "killed" a girl by shooting her with a taser instead of craping her, later he shot an innocent men... Such a person is not very usefull to show the people a feeling of being secured. Even if they don't fire him, he should do paper work.

You have no idea what is involved in being a police officer and therefore are not fit to judge if he is a bad cop or not. Cops who hesitate end up dead like the hundreds a year who are killed in the line of duty.
    Hm... The last german Cop killed on duty two years ago.... Seems to me, that acting reasonable as a cop, does indeed prevent them from lethal damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Doen't intoxicated mean both? Being under influence of alcohol or ither drugs?

We were not told what she was suspected of doing.
    Drug wise we have been told exactly what she was on. She was on Cocaine and Oxycodone.

Being cleared, doesn't mean, that your behaviour is right. In addtion he seriously imaged the image of the police. He "killed" a girl by shooting her with a taser instead of craping her, later he shot an innocent men... Such a person is not very usefull to show the people a feeling of being secured. Even if they don't fire him, he should do paper work.
    Being cleared means he did nothing against departmental policy. You are once again speculating he is not useful. you know nothing about this guy other than these two media hyped incidents.

Deleted
    josykay: It is a huge culture difference between US and west Europa on what is valid level of force, as we can see in this tree. If this was West Europa the cop would be in deep trouble.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    josykay: It is a huge culture difference between US and west Europa on what is valid level of force, as we can see in this tree. If this was West Europa the cop would be in deep trouble.....
    I posted the US guidelines for usage of Force on page 6 of this thread.

Deleted
    I posted the US guidelines for usage of Force on page 6 of this thread.
    I did not say it was illegal in US, I did say it was a huge culture different on what is valid level of force....

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not say it was illegal in US, I did say it was a huge culture different on what is valid level of force....
    Yes, I can read that is why I mentioned the US usage of force guidelines so he can look at them...

Richard's wallet fell between the seats in his Plymouth Voyager, and when he reached for it, Trooper Cole shot him.

Richard described how terrifying it was.

"When I brought my hand up to give him my license, I saw a flash. He shot me in the hand. I was in shock. I kept saying, 'It's OK, I'm a minister, I'm a minister.' Then I heard the trooper say, 'Oh my God, oh my God. What did I do? What did I do?'" said Richard.
    You don't just reach down under your seat like that.
    Stowing a gun under or between the seats is extremely common.
    Cops are jumpy about that type of shit, as that's how a lot of cops have been shot during routine traffic stops. Guy reaches for something he "drops" or his "wallet is in the center console" and comes up with a gun and starts firing.

You make a quick or sketchy move like that, there's a chance the cop will react as if his life is in jeopardy. Best case scenario they bitch you out for doing something stupid like that, worse case they shoot you.

Being cleared means he did nothing against departmental policy.
    Maybe that's what should be fixed then. I'm not arguing that the officer did anything wrong as far as "departmental policy" is concerned, but in the world of reality, he took it too far, in my opinion. Arresting people for misdemeanors with the same "fervor" as a murder suspect seems counter-productive to me. Arresting people should not be the end-all goal - we already have more people in jail than the rest of the world. Who was protected or served by this? Certainly not the girl.
    Last edited by Daerio; 2013-10-30 at 12:27 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    fat ass cop didnt want to run so he pulled a taser and zapped the girl, now she is in a coma unlikely to wake up.

why was she running? seeing how much of a douche the cop was....

If she wouldn't have ran she wouldn't have been tasered.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the threshold for using violence is to low. She was suspect for a minor crime, being on drugs (if I understand it right) and then resist arrest by running away. Now I now its hard for the US mob to understand, you do not need to hunt down to any price, If you only have two option crush her or zap her, choose the third way grab here or shocking let here escape.....

If she escape, she probably come to the police station then she sobering up (and can think) because she need to remove the handcuffs, or the cops can identify here by the tape, and send the social services on here (because she have a drug problem)

Now I do not says the cops shall let all suspect escape, but the cops use of force must be in proportion to the crime....
    The force was in proportion. It's only hindsight that has you saying this. If she had been tased and somehow fell on her shoulder (reducing or even preventing the head injury), we wouldn't be saying it was out of proportion even though the actions were the same in both cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Namarus View Post
    Right, people who are handcuffed behind their backs are real good at reaching and pointing or even using weapons. That's why they are handcuffed behind their backs.
    She originally was handcuffed behind her back. She managed to remove it and get the second set out from behind her and in front, allowing her a limited range of motions.

Edison and Newton, combine their strengths, wonder twin powers activate!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Edison and Newton, combine their strengths, wonder twin powers activate!
    Let's sue Edison and Tesla!! They are responsible for the incident and the situation, the girl is in now!
    Oh and that Newton guy as well. He did discover gravity, but did not create proper warnings....

May as well sue that asshole who invented concrete too.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

She is obviously useless to society if she is messed up on cocaine and Oxy, so either way if it was intentional or not to KTFO her the cop did society a favor and got her off the streets.