Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Getting into Flex

I'm struggling to get going with Flex Raiding right now, and was hoping anyone could give me some pointers.

Every group wants me to have already completed it, or requires a ridiculous ilvl (531 both blood & frost before you ask)

No matter what I say, despite the fact I have much raiding experience previously, no-one is is interested.

Someone please help me...how do I get into a group??

You don't. Find a guild.

You should be able to get into wing 1 (and 2) with that ilvl. Wing 3/4 usually require an insane ilvl from flex groups because most of them don't really know the fights and want to get carried through it (I can't tell you how many raid leaders I have met who have made groups who turn out to be the worse player in the group and don't even lead the raid). Just research the fights and make sure you know what you are doing. It's harder as DPS for sure but as a tank you should be able to get into a group, so just keep trying.

Or you could just make a group like so many of these previously mentioned "raid leaders" who do it just so they can do flex, lol.

I started Flex at 515 Ilvl, granted it was with my guild, but use the addon called OQ and there are many many groups there doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    You don't. Find a guild.

Unfortunately, due to a crappy work schedule, I can't commit to solid raiding anymore and have to slum it in PuG's only

Make your own group? When my DK (which is an alt) was around 520ish gear I couldn't get into any OQ group, but when I made my own (if you got a friend with high ilvl he could make a group so you could set bar high to get smooth run ) the whole case was solved

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    I'm struggling to get going with Flex Raiding right now, and was hoping anyone could give me some pointers.

Every group wants me to have already completed it, or requires a ridiculous ilvl (531 both blood & frost before you ask)

No matter what I say, despite the fact I have much raiding experience previously, no-one is is interested.

You're not getting in with a 531 ilvl in multi-role specs? You are dealing with morons, plain as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post

Do what I do for PUG flex groups. Fake some nice achievements to link to the RL and gain entry by using: http://achievement.higi.cz/

Usually ill link a faked achievement like Ahead of the Curve and exaggerate my ilvl by ~10 ilvls or so. Nearly all of the time that works just fine to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Do what I do for PUG flex groups. Fake some nice achievements to link to the RL and gain entry by using: http://achievement.higi.cz/

Usually ill link a faked achievement like Ahead of the Curve and exaggerate my ilvl by ~10 ilvls or so. Nearly all of the time that works just fine to get in.
    ROFL this is brilliant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try Openraid. As an example, you meet the requirements for my next scheduled raid: http://openraid.us/events/view/139214#info

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Try Openraid. As an example, you meet the requirements for my next scheduled raid: http://openraid.us/events/view/139214#info
    Ahh, but given his avatar, I'd guess he was English, so he misses the biggest criteria requirement for your raid, to be on US servers

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    ROFL this is brilliant.
    Yep, did that a lot in wotlk and cata with good old Underachiever addon. Those dickheads just wouldn't take you to trade chat pugs unless you had achievement on THAT character, they didn't care you were in the best guild on the server on your main.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Ahh, but given his avatar, I'd guess he was English

Yep....but I will definitely have a look at these OQ & Openraid. Thanks for the suggestions!

Deleted
    ROFL this is brilliant.
    Except that would only get you into bad groups. Any experienced raid leader will either armory the players and call your bluff, or you will be kicked before the first boss when they notice your lie.

Deleted
    You're not getting in with a 531 ilvl in multi-role specs? You are dealing with morons, plain as that.

Guess Ravencrest is full of them then

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post

This is how I got 12/12 normal 1/13 Heroic back in T11 via pugging. Works ~50% of the time. As long as you read into detail on the fights before hand and don't be bad.... you'll be fine and they probably won't notice.

But yeah... joining an okay guild is so much better, joined a guild for T12 since I had more time on my hands and never had to put up with all the drama you get in pugs.
    Last edited by Orcindauh; 2013-10-29 at 10:21 PM.

You can tank. Most flex raid lack tanks. You shouldn't have any issue to find one.

We generally do a Friday night flex raid from 8 server time on our alts with socials. All we ask is that people get on comms, perform somewhat inline with their gears ability and are respectful of others. If you are interested PM your btag and I'd be happy to take you along.

You could start your own raid or join a guild.
    I know it's hard getting into a flex with the ridiculous requirements people set, but would you really want to join people like that?
    Also using something like open raid would minimize the time it takes to get into a grp.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

Deleted
    Exactly the reason why I don't bother with flex, people asking for silly pissed up requirements and yet people always go mad about LFR and how people should fuck LFR off and use Flex instead....If you could queue for Flex though that would be another story.