Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Bolvar VS Kil'Jaeden

Hey guys.
    I'm sorry for the vagueness and overall badness of this thread. Even I despise it. But I've got to share my point and I'm too lazy to go into detail.

Basically I had this crazy idea for a future bit of lore regarding the invasion of the Burning Legion and the Lich King.
    So, Kil'Jaeden was the one that originally tore up Ner'zhuls soul and put it in the Lich King armor, so I'd imagine that right now, if he still exists, Ner'zhul would be pretty pissed and want some revenge on Kil'Jaeden for doing that to him and imprisoning him on Azeroth. If the Legion were to return to Azeroth lead by Kil'Jaeden, would it not be pretty cool for that somehow to tie in with the Lich King/Bolvar story?

Like, it's tricky because Bolvar currently has control over Ner'zhul and he is keeping the Scourge at bay. But maybe if Kil'Jaeden did return to Azeroth, Bolvar and Ner'zhul could unite for the same cause, to bring down the Burning Legion and Ki'Jaeden, and use the Scourge as the ultimate weapon. We could have a good Lich King trying to help us defeat a common enemy and Bolvar could maybe return a hero to the Alliance.

JUST AN IDEA

I can see that. It makes sense for them to use Bolvar/The Lich King again, but if they just make him another villain it would feel redundant. I'm all for Scourge teaming up with Horde and Alliance to take on the Legion.

That would be pretty neat if that ever happens. They can't just leave Bolvar in the dark, especially after him becoming the new Lich King.

You'd think Kil'jaedin would just rain down infernals on the Frozen Throne.

For the millionth time, Ner'zhul is gone and dead. Arthas killed his spirit off within the armor/his head and he is no more. Blizzard has confirmed this plenty of times.

Well, we know they have something specific planned for him, they would have just let Bolvar die at the wrath gate and there wouldn't have been that last minute "oh hey, btw guys, uhhh...there always have to be a LK, cause you know...lore and stuff" if they didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kil'jaeden would win, nothing in Azeroth is powerful enough to take down Kil'jaeden, unless blizzard poofs something up as we fight him.

OT: Just give up Blizzard and their ridiculous lore, they took it from greatness to ruin. Trust me, I was super addicted to all kinds of lore, I love Archimonde and Kil'jaeden, but I can't just forget about all the flaws they have had, fucked up over and over. Ugh!
    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day...
    Live and die on this day...

Deleted
    that would be so cool I hope they will do that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archodas View Post
    Hey guys.
    I'm sorry for the vagueness and overall badness of this thread. Even I despise it. But I've got to share my point and I'm too lazy to go into detail.

Basically I had this crazy idea for a future bit of lore regarding the invasion of the Burning Legion and the Lich King.
    So, Kil'Jaeden was the one that originally tore up Ner'zhuls soul and put it in the Lich King armor, so I'd imagine that right now, if he still exists, Ner'zhul would be pretty pissed and want some revenge on Kil'Jaeden for doing that to him and imprisoning him on Azeroth. If the Legion were to return to Azeroth lead by Kil'Jaeden, would it not be pretty cool for that somehow to tie in with the Lich King/Bolvar story?

Like, it's tricky because Bolvar currently has control over Ner'zhul and he is keeping the Scourge at bay. But maybe if Kil'Jaeden did return to Azeroth, Bolvar and Ner'zhul could unite for the same cause, to bring down the Burning Legion and Ki'Jaeden, and use the Scourge as the ultimate weapon. We could have a good Lich King trying to help us defeat a common enemy and Bolvar could maybe return a hero to the Alliance.

JUST AN IDEA
    You do realize that the bold is the exact reason why Arthas became the Lich King. Nerzhul wanted to take control away from the legion, which is why Kiljaeden sent Illidan and Friends™ to destroy the Frozen Throne/Lich King.

Nerzhul doesn't "probably want revenge" he's already actively tried to get revenge on KJ. If he's still in the helm of domination, then absolutely he'll try again.

I really like the idea of having a sort of anti-hero Lich King on our side. Bolvar's personality as the Lich King would most likely be vastly different from Arthas', so it's certainly a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Yingyang View Post
    For the millionth time, Ner'zhul is gone and dead. Arthas killed his spirit off within the armor/his head and he is no more. Blizzard has confirmed this plenty of times.
    if this is the case then what is left inside the helm of dominion which changed Bolvar's Voice? it sure wasn't Arthas.
    "You will bend to my will... with or without your precious sanity!

Deleted
    I thought ner'zhul was gone since arthas took the helm or something?

This is similar to my expansion idea, that was, Illidan going to the frozen throne to claim its power...

Quote Originally Posted by Archodas View Post

JUST AN IDEA
    Ner'zhul is dead. This happened during the Arthas book.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Again. What is in the helm that caused Bolvar's voice to change if it wasn't Bolvar's soul melding with another?
    Maybe Arthas only beat back/imprisoned Ner'zhul's spirit and the death of Arthas released it?

Quote Originally Posted by ChadBroChill17 View Post
    Again. What is in the helm that caused Bolvar's voice to change if it wasn't Bolvar's soul melding with another?
    Maybe Arthas only beat back/imprisoned Ner'zhul's spirit and the death of Arthas released it?
    maybe it was him turning into the lich king that changed his voice. Maybe it was added just for dramatic effect. you cannot assume, "OH ITS NERZHUL YALL!".

The peeps that said Ner'zhul is dead are right. Even Chris Metzen, the creator of WoW's world, has said it in a blizzcon Q&A

When asked about Ner'zhul at BlizzCon 2010, Chris Metzen said, "Yes. Yeah, Ner'zhul is done. He served us well in that capacity, but really the Lich King idea... really is the ultimate expression, you know, as Arthas or whatever. Ner'zhul's done."

The only way i can see something like that possible is through time travel.
    Last edited by NMX-; 2013-10-30 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadBroChill17 View Post
    In all honesty, it was probably just blizz wanting to keep the cool voice, no lore/backstory is needed on it.

As much as I hate it, the book does very much tell how Ner'zhul is dead. The book is also canon to the warcraft story so there's nothing we can do about plot holes ect...

Anyway, on topic why do they have to do anything with Bolvar? He froze himself in fiery ice to stop the scourge from running rampant. He doesn't care about the affairs of mortals anymore and in all honesty his story is 100% complete.

Would love love love this. Us heroes don't have enough power to take on the full force of the legion. But I could buy a massive war with the scourge turning the tides in our favor. Would be epic as fuck.

Did Arthas kill or consume Ner'zhul's spirit? I have not read the book and I cannot find the exact passage online.

Official blue post: He didn't actually erase the persona of Ner'zhul. In point of fact, these two beings merged to make up what was collectively known as "The Lich King".

When they said that Ner'zhul was done, they were saying that he was no longer in control of his actions, it was only Arthas. This may have changed with the LK body host swap.
    Last edited by ChadBroChill17; 2013-10-30 at 03:39 AM.

Deleted
    I'm sad to say that, but Bolvar and the scourge don't stand a chance against Kil'Jaeden. He is more powerfull than what most think. He is probably the most powerful villain we ever saw so far.