could i do this?

I've been torn the last two years on what I want to do
    I want to do photography and I want to do fx makeup
    Could I do them both?
    Also anyone know of a cheap good camera for getting into photography...need one for class (taking classes for photo and online tutorials for makeup)

If you're planning on doing effects makeup as a hobby rather than a career it's certainly possible. If you want to do both as possible career options, it would be difficult. Possible, I'm sure, but it would take plenty of hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down
    (Note: This post might have been edited by Boubouille)
    My characters Bintah and Alicia

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diabloss View Post
    If you're planning on doing effects makeup as a hobby rather than a career it's certainly possible. If you want to do both as possible career options, it would be difficult. Possible, I'm sure, but it would take plenty of hard work.
    for the makeup if he/she whatever is realy behind it could make it in a year or two creating pretty amazing stuff, given some talent

photography, depends on how much time is left between training makeup and doing something else

if you´re dedicated, yeah it could work, just don´t give up
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The thing is I don't know how I would make money with makeup

One of my best friends is currently at school for effects makeup, and is planning on heading to California to work as an effects artist for movies. It's certainly possible to make a living with makeup, don't use that as an excuse not to pursue a passion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down
    (Note: This post might have been edited by Boubouille)
    My characters Bintah and Alicia

Um for school? Photography, unless you have cash flowing around.
    Fx makeup school wont provide you with a camera, you need to buy makeup and costumes. This isnt a pay the tuition and thats it.
    For a job, do whatever.

A cheap camera won't do for either.

Quote Originally Posted by Diabloss View Post
    One of my best friends is currently at school for effects makeup, and is planning on heading to California to work as an effects artist for movies. It's certainly possible to make a living with makeup, don't use that as an excuse not to pursue a passion.
    I am self teaching I don't exactly want to do every kind of make up, just horror... A cheap camera to me is 500 dollars by the way Tayona

- - - Updated - - -

Could I make money going to various conventions offering my services