Poll: Who would win in a war?

Who would win in an unrestrained, completely savage war, Australia or Indonesia?

Who would win?

Australia.

Is Indonesia even considered developed?

Deleted
    Who would win in an unrestrained, completely savage war, my nan or my cat?
    These threads are getting tiresome now

But ausland obviously!

Australia just needs to put a barge out until all of them spiders and shit take it over, then sail the barge to Indonesia. Done and done.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

We have deadly animals, we will just drop a barrage of deadly animals on the Indonesian army and watch the carnage that unfolds. Spiders, snakes, kangaroos, sharks, drop bears, dingos the list goes on...
    "There is no honor in mediocrity."

10+ Year Old Account
    POPULATION
    Australia: 22 M
    Indonesia: 237 M

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)
    Australia: 961 B
    Indonesia: 1212 B

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_by_GDP_(PPP)

ARMY SIZE
    Australia: 30 k (+17 k reserve)
    Indonesia: 230 k (+70 k reserve)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    POPULATION
    Australia: 22 M
    Indonesia: 237 M

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)
    Australia: 961 B
    Indonesia: 1212 B

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s_by_GDP_(PPP)

ARMY SIZE
    Australia: 30 k (+17 k reserve)
    Indonesia: 230 k (+70 k reserve)
    i guess not everything is in favor of australia. dont underestimate the enemy is always the first rule

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's be honest here: I'm an Australian, and I can tell you Australia would lose through attrition.

There's 22 million Australians and over 200 million Indonesians. Australia's northern coastline/maritime border with Indonesia is one of the least populated areas on the planet on the Australian side.

Australia's main naval bases are on the other side of the continent half-way down in Sydney.

We're a more developed nation and might even have a better equipped military, but our population is small and spread out... And the door's wide open.

That said though, if we let loose the rabid-deployment drop-bear battalions, Indonesia's toast.
    Last edited by Klingers; 2013-10-30 at 07:55 AM.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    number of soldiers doesn't mean anything if you have more planes,boats,tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Let's be honest here: I'm an Australian, and I can tell you Australia would lose through attrition.

There's 22 million Australians and over 200 million Indonesians. Australia's northern coastline/maritime border with Indonesia is one of the least populated areas on the planet on the Australian side.

Australia's main naval bases are on the other side of the continent half-way down in Sydney.

We're a more developed nation and might even have a better equipped military, but our population is small and spread out... And the door's wide open.

Of course, we're only talking hypotheticals here
    Correct on the attrition, but alot of the navy is up north due to patrolling etc. Darwin has a large base.

Also are we talking complete conquest or holding a small amount of ground etc. Complete conquest IMO Indonesia couldnt win, they would need to hit Darwin to start as that is a large amount of our army and airforce, but the travel from there to Townsville, Brisbane and Adelaide where our other major bases are would take years if at all (no way you could fight conventionally from Katherine south to Tennant Creek, terrain/environment is just too difficult, and being exposed for 1000km + in fairly open ground would not work either).

If they could get into position enough without us knowing and hit every capital city + Townsville at the same time, then yes they could, but that would be near impossible.

Add in, the US will never let our country fall whilst they have the power to help prevent, and an attack on Darwin would inadvertently hit US soldiers also.