Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    How are people 2 healing Thok on heroic? Are you running like double resto shaman or something?

Immerseus: Started with 3, went to 2.
    Fallen Protectors: 2
    Norushen: 2
    Sha of Pirde: 2
    Galakras: 2 (probably will solo heal on farm)
    Iron Juggernaut: 3
    Dark Shaman: 2
    Nazgrim : 2
    Malkorok : 2
    Spoils of Pandaria: 2
    Thok : 3
    Siegecrafter: 2
    Paragons : Start this tonight going with 2 initially, but didn't know some have successfully 3 healed it
    Garrosh: Haven't done it yet, likely 2 though

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    You won't do everything right if you're progressing on it.
    Over the whole fight there are as many healing globules as dps globules. That surely means that one more healer will effect those much more than yet another dps. 5 dps and two tanks for dps globules is enough.
    If you take another healer you can skip one more phase as well as having added healing on the raid for damage from adds, shit on floor and debuffs. Of course you can 2 heal it in your guild, but giving out bad advice helps nobody.
    I think your points are valid, but there are just as many counter points that are valid. I'd argue that having that extra DPS will let you make Immerseus lose just as much corruption during that first 2 down phases than that extra healer will make Immerseus lose corruption during the last two down phases. In the end, you can either 2 heal (shorter up phases, safer initial down phases) or 3 heal (longer up phases, safer later down phases). In either case, the difference in difficulty between 2 healing and 3 healing will be up to how your raid performs. However, as you can see from all the replies to this thread, some have found Immerseus to be a 3 heal fight while others have found it to be a 2 heal fight. Just because I have a differing opinion to you doesn't make my advice bad advice.

[Also, I think "over healing" an encounter is something that's been accepted because of past content and how your DPSers can eventually over come fights through sheer ilvl. However, this tier in particular is a good tier that proves how useful running as few healers as possible is often better than running more healers than needed. I think Immerseus is so undertuned of a fight that you can do it however you want. However, even then.... with an "easy" boss like Immerseus, downing the boss with as few healers as possible is still good practice for all the future encounters.]
    Last edited by wombats23; 2013-10-31 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    How are people 2 healing Thok on heroic? Are you running like double resto shaman or something?
    Resto Shammy + resto druid

Deleted
    8/14 HC here we do the following

Immerseus: 2
    Protectors: 2
    Sha of pride: 2
    Galakras: 2
    Iron Jug: 3
    Shamans: 2 (3 tank method)
    Nazgrim: 2

So yeh everything but jug.

We use pala and drood with our shadowpriest healing on jug.

Immerseus: 3
    Fallen Protectors: 3
    Sha of Pride: 2
    Iron Juggernaut: 3 or 4
    Dark Shamans: 3 (3 tank)
    Nazgrim: 2 (3 tank is useful here but not required, swap on 2 stacks = 0 war cries)
    Malkorok: 2
    Spoils of Pandaria: 2
    Thok: 3 or 4 (solo tank)
    Blackfuse: 2
    Paragons: ??
    Garrosh: 2
    Last edited by Dorfie; 2013-10-31 at 02:58 AM.

Currently for us:

Immerseus: 2. Saw very little reason to have a 3rd healer when we used one, switched back quickly because more DPS just made everything easier
    Fallen Protectors: 3
    Sha of Pride: 2
    Iron Juggernaut: 3
    Dark Shamans: 1 (3 tank, Haromm tanks fend for themselves)
    Nazgrim: 2, used 3 early on, switched to 2 after a couple kills. Honestly with 2 healers we end up pushing 10% well before the waves are done.
    Malkorok: 2
    Spoils of Pandaria: 2 (currently working on it, although why would you go above 2?)

2 healed the first 6 last night myself resto druid and a resto shaman, one shot iron jug on second kill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    We do it with Monk and priest. We arent able to push it past 10 roars, we stack after 5-6 and transition whenever we drop low. With the extra dps in the raid you don't have to push it as much, you will do enough damage in the kiting phases.