Thread: Timeless Isle

Timeless Isle

I know I will get flamed for asking such a basic question but I thought I would give it a shot.

I have been back to WoW for about 2-3 weeks after a 3+year break and I have finally got my hunter to 90 and I have read a little about the timeless isle but depending on the site it says not go if you just hit 90 or ding and go. I have a ilvl of 415 so is that good enough to start there or should i wait and quest and do some more dungeons?

Thanks

you can avoid most mobs while going around looting chests. even if you get into combat, you should be fine, especially as a hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes just go there, you should be able to pick up a lot of gear whilst avoiding mobs you may not be able to handle....

You should be fine but some mobs will pretty much kill you in a couple of hits due to your low health pool. If you go early in the week you should have no trouble finding a group that is killing the Celestial world boss you only have to hit it to gain credit and get a chance at normal raid level gear or 522 PVP gear both of which will be a huge upgrade to you, also you can buy a 476 weapon for the coins that found in chests or drop from mobs.

Thanks for the advice, Ill give it a shot once i figure where to get panda flying and how to get there. I have a couple of hundred thousand gold from my old raiding days so that should pay for a lot of repairs till i get geared up lol

You can tag any rare on the isle that anyone else is fighting and still get loot - evermaw, dread ship, and huolon are the big 3 that get killed a lot especially early in the week, and they often drop gear tokens that will substantially upgrade your gear. Most of the rest of the smaller mobs are pretty easy to handle, especially as a hunter, your pet should be able to tank any of the lesser mobs if you are farming for coins, gear tokens, etc.

I recommend you get an addon that shows or tells you where all the rare spawns are on the isle, there's a lot of them.

Ill have to find those addons thanks

Buy som very cheap 458 pvp pieces from AH (good for transmog later) first, and then do the first quests on the isle while looting chests, you should be able to get some 496 pieces doing just that. Then join in on some rare kills, you will learn their location in no time. Even if they don't drop what you need, people that joined in on the kill can sell you their loot from the same boss. Usually they are very cheap, cause when you're farming coins later you will get so many that you vendor them anyway. You should queue for headless horseman, which drops a ring for you at least. Also, when you're about 480, you can queue for Throne of Thunder LFR. It's a fairly fun dungeon, and you can get yourself a 502 weapon, while also get quickly up to friendly reputation with Shado-pan assult, which sells everything but weapons (ilvl 522) for valor points. Now you should be closing in on ilvl496 and can start SoO-raiding. It's all good from here

Don't forget : You get a lesser charms from various sources on the timeless isle (currency), use these to buy warforged seals in the shrine. They will grant you an extra roll on the LFR/celestials loot. I got a bit lucky on my monk the other day, got two ilvl559 items on the same Ordos-kill by using one of the seals. These can be bought once a week, and you get three seals.

5.4 kicks ass, enjoy!

Edit: If you have some justice points, I think you can buy a lot of 489-epics with the different factions without any reputation restrictions, but I'm not sure. Go check the quartermeisters. Also, there was a 502-boot quests which was really quick, that was available during the build up to 5.4. It should still be around, but I don't know where it starts after the darkspear revolution ended.
    Last edited by tankbug; 2013-10-30 at 10:05 AM.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    The easiest way of gearing up in the isle is with the chest. I recommend using tom tom to get all the locations as quickly as possible. The last chest gives you a Burden of Eternity, wich allows you to craft a 535 ilvl item. In short, I would prioritize chest over killing mobs, cause even rare tagging can pull you into a crossfire.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Buy som very cheap 458 pvp pieces from AH (good for transmog later) first, and then do the first quests on the isle while looting chests, you should be able to get some 496 pieces doing just that. Then join in on some rare kills, you will learn their location in no time. Even if they don't drop what you need, people that joined in on the kill can sell you their loot from the same boss. Usually they are very cheap, cause when you're farming coins later you will get so many that you vendor them anyway. You should queue for headless horseman, which drops a ring for you at least. Also, when you're about 480, you can queue for Throne of Thunder LFR. It's a fairly fun dungeon, and you can get yourself a 502 weapon, while also get quickly up to friendly reputation with Shado-pan assult, which sells everything but weapons (ilvl 522) for valor points. Now you should be closing in on ilvl496 and can start SoO-raiding. It's all good from here

Don't forget : You get a lesser charms from various sources on the timeless isle (currency), use these to buy warforged seals in the shrine. They will grant you an extra roll on the LFR/celestials loot. I got a bit lucky on my monk the other day, got two ilvl559 items on the same Ordos-kill by using one of the seals. These can be bought once a week, and you get three seals.

5.4 kicks ass, enjoy!

Edit: If you have some justice points, I think you can buy a lot of 489-epics with the different factions without any reputation restrictions, but I'm not sure. Go check the quartermeisters. Also, there was a 502-boot quests which was really quick, that was available during the build up to 5.4. It should still be around, but I don't know where it starts after the darkspear revolution ended.
    Thanks for the tip on the justice points, I have at 3800 so i should be able to get a couple of pieces right off the bat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evansp View Post
    Thanks for the advice, Ill give it a shot once i figure where to get panda flying and how to get there. I have a couple of hundred thousand gold from my old raiding days so that should pay for a lot of repairs till i get geared up lol
    The pandaland flight vendor is out on the balcony of your Shrine. Best of luck on the Isle!

NPC Scan and silverdragon for the rares. Also, rare coordinator.

Get the Handy Notes addon, and the two other Handy Notes Timeless Isle Chests and Timeless Isle Rares. I also recommend Rare Coordinator.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Ur a hunter man! u can go there at lvl 87 and be quite fine.

Timeless island is paradise for hunter/warlocks <3

Find a friend or two to run around with you. They can take you around, protect you, and help gear you up.