GetCVar("realmName") gives nil

Hello!

Just patched into 5.4.1. And now GetCVar("realmName") only gives back nil and not the server i am on.

Tested with:

Code:
    /run local c = GetCVar("realmName") print(c)
    Am I the only one experiencing this? or is this a new and exciting thing Blizzard have broken?

Space

The "realmName" CVar was removed. Use GetRealmName() instead:
    /run local c = GetRealmName() print(c)

thanks very much!

is there a place where i can easily see the new API changes? as mmo-champ doesnt list them during patches

You can see differences between the different FrameXML versions at http://wow.go-hero.net/framexml, but I haven't been able to find a nice consistent API differences list for each patch. I generally just search for "wow <version> api changes" and check out the various hits. At least one of them normally has the info I need.

The change makes sense, though is annoying to find no official reference as to those changes, which sometimes only appear on last minute on live, skipping the PTR completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    You can see differences between the different FrameXML versions at http://wow.go-hero.net/framexml, but I haven't been able to find a nice consistent API differences list for each patch. I generally just search for "wow <version> api changes" and check out the various hits. At least one of them normally has the info I need.
    Useful source of reference that, thank you.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-10-30 at 12:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    why wouldn't you use GetRealmName() ?

seems the api call was made specifically for this