Thread: pvp stats frost

Deleted

pvp stats frost

hey what is cap for mastery crit hit haste for frost pvp mage
    on noxxic it said hit 4% i see all mages in leadder got 6% hit so who right ? who should i belive ;p proly mages from leadder hm?

You should never trust nor even look at Noxxic in the first place tbh.

Deleted
    yeah i know man that's why i ask

10+ Year Old Account
    6% spell hit gives you 0% chance to miss a level 90 target. As far as I'm aware, the secondary stat priority for pvp is 6% hit > Haste > 28% crit > Mastery > excess crit. The crit soft cap gives a guaranteed crit with proc'd ice lances and FFBs, and I'm pretty sure even this might be negligible in exchange for more mastery. I havent experimented with a high mastery build yet, but from how I understand the changes to frost mastery to work, it seems really situational.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, I dont claim to be a top ladder pvper or that this stat priority is absolute.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am running 6% hit > int > haste > mastery > crit where 2 haste > 1 int.

Crit is technically better than mastery in simulations but with shatter I feel like 80+% is good enough in pvp. Id rather have more mastery for more raw damage.

Deleted
    Hit > haste > int > mastery > crit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freaze View Post
    Hit > haste > int > mastery > crit
    Allow me to point out that this stat priority, while it may hold some truth, is sort of unclear. As the post prior to Freaze's will indicate the priority is technically:

Quote Originally Posted by Aven Ballantyne View Post
    I am running 6% hit > int > haste > mastery > crit where 2 haste > 1 int.
    Point for point intellect is more valuable than haste. That being said, as I quoted from Aven, 2 haste is greater then 1 int, so it's more beneficial to gem for haste over intellect. As far as reforging goes, Haste > Mastery > Crit will probably show more damage than going for 28% crit, and odds are, you'll have enough crit on your gear to come reasonably close as is.

Don't even worry about crit caps and all that junk in pvp.

Just follow the standard 6% hit>haste>mastery>crit

Deleted
    This sort of confuses me who does not really pvp. I imagine getting frostboltcasts in is not that common as it requires you being stationary.
    With that in mind why on earth would you put a high prio on Mastery in pvp?
    I would assume you'd go for a 6% hit > haste > crit to 25% (we're hitting 90's not raidbosses) > mastery.
    The haste grants you more bomb ticks / frost bomb casts as well as allowing you to get off a frostbolt every once in a while with the lowered cast time.
    The crit is naturally to ensure that when you get to do shatter-combos you'll crit your spells, and also your FFB crits will give some nice icicles.

I haven't done any pvp in MoP, but I really don't see how the new mastery would be an appealing stat to go for when you can critcap and spam haste?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Logicks View Post
    6% spell hit gives you 0% chance to miss a level 90 target. As far as I'm aware, the secondary stat priority for pvp is 6% hit > Haste > 28% crit > Mastery > excess crit. The crit soft cap gives a guaranteed crit with proc'd ice lances and FFBs, and I'm pretty sure even this might be negligible in exchange for more mastery. I havent experimented with a high mastery build yet, but from how I understand the changes to frost mastery to work, it seems really situational.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, I dont claim to be a top ladder pvper or that this stat priority is absolute.
    I'm pretty sure it's 20% crit (unbuffed) in PvP for the soft cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    no not even that it doesn't matter that much at all.

The haste means more GCD's to work with, faster sheeps and faster FBs for when you do cast them.

Deleted
    but if im on 4,50 % hit and i always hit the target in arena ?
    Does 6% hit will buff my damage?

Quote Originally Posted by asd12033 View Post
    It'll guarantee that you won't miss with a clutch Counterspell, Polymorph or a finishing blow. 1.5% chance to miss is a serious risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    25%, actually, but that includes all buffs (AI and other class buffs). That will put you at 100% Shatters.

Quote Originally Posted by asd12033 View Post
    I would say that the 6% Hit in PvP is even MORE vital than the 15% Hit in PvE, and definitely make sure you're over the cap if you can't hit it perfectly.

Granted, I'm super-paranoid so I go over in PvE as well, but in PvP, even a 0.01% chance to miss can mean the difference between victory and defeat.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.