10+ Year Old Account

Wall Street: Here We Go Again

Come on some House Republicans. If they were sent to Washington to take a stand, why don't they stand up to this?

House, Set to Vote on 2 Bills, Is Seen as an Ally of Wall St.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Looking at DOW / S&Ps records, I'd say Wall Street is fine without votes.

Oh boy, getting rid of regulations. We're only 5 years out from the largest crash in recent times and we're already doing this? At least we had the decency to wait a few decades after the Great Depression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Come on some House Republicans. If they were sent to Washington to take a stand, why don't they stand up to this?

Why are you pointing the finger at just Republicans? Both sides are bought and paid for by Wall Street.

From your article:

The Wall Street-backed legislation has attracted broad support from lawmakers in both parties in the House, including prominent Democrats like Representative Carolyn Maloney of New York and Representative Jim Himes of Connecticut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Why are you pointing the finger at just Republicans? Both sides are bought and paid for by Wall Street.

From your article:
    Well some House Republicans were willing to shutdown the government over Obamacare, the CR had enough support from both parties to pass too, but they are letting this slide through without a peep?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Oh boy, getting rid of regulations. We're only 5 years out from the largest crash in recent times and we're already doing this? At least we had the decency to wait a few decades after the Great Depression.
    But but, regulations caused the crash! The evil democrats, lead by Arch-Lich Clinton, cast into being the satanic Financial Services Modernization Act and made the banks loan money to black people who then refused to pay them back and caused financial chaos!

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

It's pretty crazy now, another ATH on the S&P 500 (and DOW) yesterday. It was pretty funny, you could hear all the brokers rejoice as toddlers on Christmas Eve. I wonder if we reach 1800 without a rebound. It looks so. Nothing right now seem to be able to slow it down.

I'd say wear your helmets tbh. If you look at the charts in the major indices, I'm not far from screaming HELP! The connection to reality is starting to get a bit weak - to say the least. Still a bit more to push out of it though.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    It's pretty crazy now, another ATH on the S&P 500 (and DOW) yesterday. It was pretty funny, you could hear all the brokers rejoice as toddlers on Christmas Eve. I wonder if we reach 1800 without a rebound. It looks so. Nothing right now seem to be able to slow it down.

I'd say wear your helmets tbh. If you look at the charts in the major indices, I'm not far from screaming HELP! The connection to reality is starting to get a bit weak - to say the least. Still a bit more to push out of it though.
    So, where would you say we're at right now?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    So, where would you say we're at right now?

I'd say around enthusiasm. There are quite a lot of people on a high now. This year has been quite mad. Brokers shouting themselves hoarse with delight. People who have made great profits and believe they can fly.

But you should always take the individual companies fundamentals into consideration, at present a lot have inflated values, it just doesn't correlate with the fundamentals. This situation is quite unique though, the alternatives for investments at present is bad.

As it is the interest rates will remain low so the markets will keep rising for some time, when mainstream media advice you to buy, when the corner shop owner is reccing the market, when your cab driver is talking about how easy it is to make money from stocks and when your girlfriend takes an interest in it, that is when you need to really worry.

Personally, I'm 30% liquid in my higher risk trading account now. I won't sell off more then that at present. I know people who have been liquid since before summer because they thought things where getting out of hand though. ;P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    . People who have made great profits and believe they can fly.
    Hopefully they will try it. Wall Street signs go up again "Beware of Falling Investors"

Deleted
    RIP American economy... again.

Amazing how damaging people are willing to be because of greed.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post

The Tea party is bought and paid for by wall street? Well color me surprised.