Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by m777 View Post
    why not ?

give us hardcore server with new rules

No flying mounts
    No LFG/LFR
    No normal raids you can only go heroic raids
    much more punishing Environment in order to force us into playing with other players stronger mobs make it so we can solo maximum 2 normal mobs 4 mobs would overwhelm us
    make elite mobs much stronger so we can kill them only with group
    make heroics dungeon twice as hard on that server
    no guild leveling

look at path of the exile everyone loves the hardcore servers and people complain ALL the time about this LFR /fly mounts and want them removed so lets make 1 server call it hardcore or whatever and lets see how its go i can promise it will get flooded with people and blizzard will be forced to make more hardcore servers

while many dislike it just as many would LOVE it many old players would come back for it Kripparrian /kungen for sure would come back to play it and so many more players would resubscribe !

i cant think of one single reason not to do it.
    And of course, no dying. To be hardcore, it has to be YOLO.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Lots of insecure players intimidated by such an idea I see.

To the OP, the main reason it will never happen is simply cost. It would cost Blizz more money than it would gain them.

However in a perfect world such would exist, since WoW has fundamentally changed so much over the past few years leaving a large portion of the player base unsatisifed with the McMMO feel it currently has.
    No one is intimidated by the idea -- some of us just have the ability to think critically, consider what would happen, and follow that logic to the inevitable conclusion. It's a bad idea.

Seriously, if people like you are just going to come into these threads and say "oh, you're just intimidated by the idea," then moderators need to start handing out infractions because you're not participating in the discussion; you're just shooting down the opinions of people that you disagree with.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    No. Wow's biggest problem isn't itself, it's the people playing it. People want to find things to put the blame on for why they no longer think it's as fun as it was in vanilla/BC. The reality of it is that most people playing that long outgrew the game and have now moved on. People don't like blaming themselves so they put it on the changes that have been made to the game.
    if this is your opinion dont play on this server then

but you cant decide for the millions who would play it

Deleted
    "only heroic raids"

And how would you gear for those raids with no normal mode? Gonna go in with dungeon blues? Good luck with that

- - - Updated - - -

Millions being you and every other wannabe snowflake?

Give 'em the hardcore servers and make it cost 4 times the amount to xfer back to a regular server.

There aren't even a million players thatve killed heroic immerseus
    Last edited by mmocf1f1b25833; 2013-10-30 at 06:11 PM.

I like how 'More players will resubscribe' is used as a punchline for any wacky ideas people have.

"Blizzard should permaban all the hardcores complaining about current content, more players will resubscribe."

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    No one is intimidated by the idea -- some of us just have the ability to think critically, consider what would happen, and follow that logic to the inevitable conclusion. It's a bad idea.

Seriously, if people like you are just going to come into these threads and say "oh, you're just intimidated by the idea," then moderators need to start handing out infractions because you're not participating in the discussion; you're just shooting down the opinions of people that you disagree with.
    wow.... not even gonna replay to you anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you are wrong. /endthread
    no i am right /openthread

wow.... not even gonna replay to you anymore

no i am right /openthread
    To be fair, you never really replied to me in the first place. You just stamped on a generic, "you're wrong, can't you tell that I didn't even read your post?" and left it at that. It still doesn't change the fact that it's a bad idea and that an overwhelming majority of posters are replying as such. But, hey, keep thinking that everyone else is wrong... denial is an excellent defense mechanism.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    "only heroic raids"

And how would you gear for those raids with no normal mode? Gonna go in with dungeon blues? Good luck with that

- - - Updated - - -

Millions being you and every other wannabe snowflake?

Give 'em the hardcore servers and make it cost 4 times the amount to xfer back to a regular server.
    yes me and the other millions who quit the game

fine with me 4 time the price to xfer back too bad nobody will xfer out of such golden server

Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Lots of insecure players intimidated by such an idea I see.
    Does it actually hurt to have thoughts like that?

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizz created this server, within a week it would be listed on the upcoming "Connected Realms" chart because of the lack of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    To be fair, you never really replied to me in the first place. You just stamped on a generic, "you're wrong, can't you tell that I didn't even read your post?" and left it at that. It still doesn't change the fact that it's a bad idea and that an overwhelming majority of posters are replying as such. But, hey, keep thinking that everyone else is wrong... denial is an excellent defense mechanism.
    no this what you are doing talking with you is waste of time saying things like nobody in their right mind would play it or only people that can critically think can see what would happen is very selfish comebacks talking with you is waste of my time and i have big feeling you are just trolling me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    If Blizz created this server, within a week it would be listed on the upcoming "Connected Realms" chart because of the lack of players.
    no because all the 5 million players who quit wow would come back to play this server only

before you tell me how do i know i want to ask you how do you know nobody will play on it.

Deleted
    yes me and the other millions who quit the game

fine with me 4 time the price to xfer back too bad nobody will xfer out of such golden server
    You Sir, are deluded.

If you're so convinced this would work then please present us with your facts & figures. Give us a business case. Give us real, certifiable numbers.

Oh, and please also answer Det's questions - server type and region, can you transfer to and from it, is it linked to any others etc.

I think I've seen a very similar topic not long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostromo93 View Post

"more players would resubscribe" - evidence?
    I have a couple friends that would play again just for the more challenging questing content (1-90) They quit because were casual and there isn't much challenging content to do if you are a casual.

Though all the other reasons that guy stated is stupid, I agree with you that most of that stuff is optional so just don't do them if you don't want to. (I'M LOOKING AT YOU LFR HATERS)

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This is where you're just being silly. You can't possibly believe that 5 million people quit because the game wasn't what you think it should be?
    why do u cut my quote in half ?

not vanila server just same like the other servers but hardcore add rules rules don't take resources i don't think its take so much time to just disable flying mounts i am not asking to add anything but to remove so it not taking any resources
    When those settings don't exist it does take resources. Which complicates all future maintenance. But what is the gain? There really isn't a demand for this. You have a tiny tiny fraction of the population that want this. It would be a waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

what evidence you want me to provide ? why do you think so many people complain about these things ALL the time ? if blizzard do this u will see
    Many complaints does not not mean many people complaining. 1 person complaining about 10 things does not mean 10 people complaining about 1 thing.

If you think some of your suggestion will work and will bring people back in drove is wrong. You may not be able to provide evidence how many will come back but at the least you can provide evidence why they will bring people back. Just because some people complain about them is not evidence. We don't know if they are the minority or the majority. In general people only make themselves heard when they are unhappy, not when they are happy.

How many times have you raised your voice in praise of something and continue to do so compared to complaining about something and continue to do so?

As for your suggestion.

Removing flying mounts. What will that fix? People prefer it? I doubt it. Before Have Group Will Travel, people had to flying to raids. Before LFD, before had to fly to dungeons. In party chat, people are always asking who is flying to stone and asking for summons. When it was removed, there were calls for it to be re-instated. When the portals were removed from Dalaran. People complained and ask it to be re-instated. People pay for mage portals during the Thanksgiving festival. These behaviour suggest to me that people are lazy and wants the fastest means of travels.

This is my evidence that removing flying mounts is a stupid idea.

Your suggestion is going to make travelling worse. And you think that will be bring people back? What are your evidence to support this? Just because you and your group think it is a good idea?

Bring back elite mobs that requires group to kill. My experience of elite mobs and group quests is that it will just be skipped. In WoTLK, at start, finding groups for these quests were easy. There were people around because it was new. Fast forward a couple of years and hardly anyone will be around. These quests will skipped. I think Blizzard noticed this which is why they were removed and group quests are now in dungeons, where is an actual group.
    So what will having elite mobs and group quests bring back?

Slow and harder levelling. When DK was introduced and starts at level 55. People wanted to know if the feature would be extended to other classes. People asked and suggested the option to buy high level characters. People were looking at RAF for the XP bonus gains. There are people that are looking for the fastest way to reach max level. And you suggesting to make it harder and slower?

These are my arguments why some of your ideas will not work. I would imagine these servers will not be highly populated. What are your evidence that your ideas will work?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Because that's the only bit I was replying to...
    go read it again and now until the end you would not need to ask any questions if would only read one more line

10+ Year Old Account
    and i dont play wow anymore but when i did in TBC i clear all the boss up to brutallus and all the raids in wotlk i quit in cata
    Then I suppose we can safely ignore your advice on how to fix a game you don't play any longer. The vast majority of what you want can be done in any case, i.e. Rejoin the game first, create a guild with people like yourself and then don't use your flying mounts and good gear. You should like that just fine and won't be affecting anyone else. There's really nothing quite so cute as people who haven't played for a couple of years who think they know how to fix the game.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."