5.4.1 Resto t16 "fix"...?

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    • Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Class Armor
        • Resolved an issue where casting Healing Touch while Nature's Swiftness is active did not consume the Restoration Tier-16 4-piece bonus.
    So I'm met with this when I come on today. I guess they are speaking of our 2set bonus, as healing touch does not interact with our 4set at all.

So basically, this means if both Sage Mender (5) is up and Nature's Swiftness is up; Sagemender goes first, and then Nature's Swiftness. Am I wrong in thinking this should have been the other way around? I mean, if I've used Nature's Swiftness, it is primarily because i need a 50% stronger instant Healing Touch. You don't get that from Sage Mender; you just get a instant Healing Touch. Having set bonuses interact with out cooldowns like that, to an extent where they to some degree diminishes their usage, seems counter intuitive.

I guess its possible to macro the NS with a cancelaura, but that seems dumb as well as you basically pass up a free HT.

Hey, this is not gamebreaking, but I've seen tanks die in globals before, as have we all that raids frequently; it just feels like this particular decision was not very well thought through. Any opinions?
    ^ I agree with this.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably rather have Nature's Swiftness consumed first

*edit* Nevermind, I need to learn how to read.
    Last edited by Broodling67; 2013-10-30 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broodling67 View Post
    *edit* Nevermind, I need to learn how to read.
    Whatever the change is, I hope it doesn't consume both!

Quote Originally Posted by corg View Post
    Whatever the change is, I hope it doesn't consume both!
    It doesnt consume both. But it consumes them in the "wrong" order. Thats the ordeal.
    ^ I agree with this.

The t16 4 piece is the wild growth bit, the 2 piece is the sage mender. I'm so confused by this fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    The t16 4 piece is the wild growth bit, the 2 piece is the sage mender. I'm so confused by this fix.
    it is obviously the 2set bonus that is affected, but the question is which way they fixed it.

If you have 5 stacks of Sage Mender and NS active it will use Sage Mender first. If you have less than 5 stacks of Sage Mender and NS active it will use NS first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkiem View Post
    My understanding was that when you had 5 stacks of sage mender, it would use that healing touch before your NS, but both would get the benefit of the +50% extra healing. It was certainly like that a few weeks ago.
    I just checked, and it does seem like it is that way right now as well. Oh well, I guess this is unintended, as it basically means you'll want to hold onto 5 sagemender stacks for a bit longer if there is potential tank burst coming, as you can now get 2xNS worth by doing so.
    ^ I agree with this.

This was really bugging me yesterday. We were killing heroic immerseus. I popped SM because my tank needed a heal. It used sage mender. Boss died ran to protectors. Looked at my buffs I noticed I still had SM active.

Signature Created by Jassinta