Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Tanaris and ZF, damn I miss those days. There was something special back then. Memories

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I could make this list so long...

But to choose a few:

It would be around level 51 or 52 on my rogue in Vanilla. I was playing Sub as they had the best stealth and I was on a RP-server.(Loved to sneak up on people) - Either way; I was playing in WPL before it got "nerfed" to the 30s. I was battling skeletons for the cauldron-quests and I had to use all CDs + health potion just to take down 1 skeleton. That's when I made my realization that I sucked as a rogue and therefore decided to never leave Stormwind.. That was, until BC came out :P

Level 16 with my warrior(first char) running around in Westfall pretending I was a militia. When I got 2 axes from mr.smite in the deadmines, I was soooo happy and thought I was the coolest player around. Oh, the good old days. PS: Those Defias Pillagers were some annoying NPCs.. their fireball would take over half your hp and you kinda had to charge in and hope you'd kill it before it managed to launch two of their fireballs.

As for the last one: Running around in Duskwood being scared for my life as I had heard rumors of abominations roaming the wood and the mysterious worgen living outside the roads. Barely making it to the cemetery on the other side of Darkshire, I remember the long run...

On an unrelated note: Cataclysm ruined all this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Northrend, there was a lot of nostalgia there from playing the old warcraft games. it's also the only time i remember dinging max level for an expantion. i was running out of stuff to do, and found the quest with the fallen crusader in Ice Crown. i Dinged 80 just as the Na'aru came down to take his spirit. which made it seem like angels came down when i dinged. Never forget that one.

Deleted
    It seems that Elwynn forest & Westfall are special for a lot of people, i will always remember the music there, pure magic and omg when i arrive first time in Stormwind the music there was just wow can't even describe the felling i had, and Duskwood i don't have words to describe how beautiful that place is ( still the best place in wow in my opinion)

Deleted
    Mmmh that's a hard one.

Worst levels was probably during Vanilla in the Hinterlands (43-45 something like that). God it felt so fucking slow, I honestly thought i would never reach 60.

I have pretty good memories from 35-40 during Vanilla, chaining scarlet monastery cause all my quests where red.
    Also, Shadowmoon Valley during BC felt really epic for an end zone.

Draenei male warrior at lvl 27 - was in WC for 5 hours straight with some friends, god i miss those times.
    Nightelf female rogue at lvl 29 (twink)
    Nightelf female hunter at dinging 70 in shadowmoon valley
    Nightelf female hunter at 80, being realm first killing deathbringer
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    The first 1-70 by far. It was so awesome being new to the game. I still remember the moment I dinged 70 in front of Kharazan on my warrior. Probably the clearest memory I have about WoW. The same week I killed like 5 bosses in there, tanking with the Merciless shield. Good times. Everything slowly went downhill from there.

Silverpine Forest, around Level 18-20. Shadowfang Keep was the first instance I ever entered, was pure awesome. Questing in Stranglethorn Vale was also pretty special, loved the atmosphere.

Most memorable levels have to be 70-80 though. Stepping onto that zeppelin outside Undercity, and stepping off at Vengeance Landing under the foreboding cliffs of Northrend, with a whole unexplored continent ahead of you. From there to exploring the unearthly jungle of Sholazar, braving the frozen wastes of Icecrown and unlocking the ancient mysteries of the Storm Peaks... just fantastic, still the best levelling experience I've had in WoW to date.

Levels 30-40 in STV during Vanilla. You didn't get a mount till 40 and STV was really the first zone that directly pitted you against the opposing faction. There was so much quest camping (all the named quest mobs) and resulting corpse camping. Runner up would have to be 10-20+ in The Barrens. So much awesome exploring, hell even the frequent Crossroads raids were fun to watch.

Some that comes to mind:

*30-40 in old Stranglethorn Vale
    *All of Outlands

Deleted
    - Every level that gave me a new shapeshift form on my druid. I really can't remember which but that travel form before being able to learn riding made you SO FAST.

- Questing on my druid in the old Badlands, being level... 38-40 ish I think. And I got my first whisper from someone random asking me to tank Uldaman.
    When we all gathered together, I thought the guy who asked me was covered in legendaries (as I didn't know back then that heirlooms existed). The rest of the group thought that, too, and we were all OOH ing and AAH ing at him haha.

- The sweating and shaking while tanking that dungeon was one of the most amazing experiences ever. Later out that guy helped me getting proper gear (I had no money to buy shit at AH) cause he thought I was a good tank. Times when people were still nice.

- Felt a letdown when entering OL the first time cause I hated Hellfire, but loved the zones after (except Blade's Edge Mountains, jesus that was annoying on a ground mount). I actually liked the entire 60-70 levelling range.

- Even though I found Northrend extremely long to quest through, the world was breathtaking. I loved the LK quest line in Howling Fjord, loved the Drak'uru quest line, loved the Sons of Hodir quest line, etc etc. I think the lore was amazing. I think it took me longer than usual to ding because I actually did every single quest in the area before moving onto the next.

- Level 80, stepping into Ulduar for the first time.

Think ever since then I have not been very excited about stuff.

Undead start area was always a favourite of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    - Every level that gave me a new shapeshift form on my druid. I really can't remember which but that travel form before being able to learn riding made you SO FAST.

- Questing on my druid in the old Badlands, being level... 38-40 ish I think. And I got my first whisper from someone random asking me to tank Uldaman.
    When we all gathered together, I thought the guy who asked me was covered in legendaries (as I didn't know back then that heirlooms existed). The rest of the group thought that, too, and we were all OOH ing and AAH ing at him haha.

- The sweating and shaking while tanking that dungeon was one of the most amazing experiences ever. Later out that guy helped me getting proper gear (I had no money to buy shit at AH) cause he thought I was a good tank. Times when people were still nice.

- Felt a letdown when entering OL the first time cause I hated Hellfire, but loved the zones after (except Blade's Edge Mountains, jesus that was annoying on a ground mount). I actually liked the entire 60-70 levelling range.

- Even though I found Northrend extremely long to quest through, the world was breathtaking. I loved the LK quest line in Howling Fjord, loved the Drak'uru quest line, loved the Sons of Hodir quest line, etc etc. I think the lore was amazing. I think it took me longer than usual to ding because I actually did every single quest in the area before moving onto the next.

- Level 80, stepping into Ulduar for the first time.

Think ever since then I have not been very excited about stuff.
    I agree, Wrath was in many ways the highlight of Wow imo, yes, i think every expansion was an improvement on the next, but to make Northrend special, they really had to try hard. TBC was such a huge success, but in many ways it was easier, because you were dealing with a different planet, you could do some whacky stuff off the bat, whiles with Northrend you were back to Azeroth, you had to find a way for everything look unique, yet part of the world. You had to try harder on the quests too, because the zone doesn't automatically bring a wow to you, the content would be under bigger scrutiny.

biggest regret of WotLK was the failed mounted combat.. imo, they had a new game and they failed to really take advantage of it. I see bioware and SWtOR grew some new brain cells anddecided to expand on their space combat game.. it's u nique stuff like this that shoudlnt' be ditched but improved. The desire and the idea ws there, the execution was poor.. they had a great chance to give different types of mounts different abilties, develop a whole system, but ey, squandered.

Elwynn Forest - First time I saw Tower of Azora and was like wow that's awesome! Then going to the Valley of Heroes, the music kicking in, and being like holy shit that's awesome!
    Westfall - This was just an awesome zone and I wish they hadn't changed it.
    Duskwood - Also wish they hadn't changed this, just needed an extra flight path. It was really creepy, and since pulling the wrong mob could mean certain death back then it was really very tense. I used to love when Stitches came to town, and got really quite nervous when preparing to tackle Morbent Fel.
    Desolace - I had just bought some good speakers and was relishing in hearing my Verigans Fist smashing into the skulls of my enemies.
    Doing a full clear of BRD was also awesome, it was like this is what the last 60 levels have been building up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post

Level 16 with my warrior(first char) running around in Westfall pretending I was a militia. When I got 2 axes from mr.smite in the deadmines, I was soooo happy and thought I was the coolest player around. Oh, the good old days. PS: Those Defias Pillagers were some annoying NPCs.. their fireball would take over half your hp and you kinda had to charge in and hope you'd kill it before it managed to launch two of their fireballs.
    The first time through Westfall is such a memorable experience. Back before heirloom gear and the redesign of gaining spells/abilities, Westfall was actually a challenge as well. I remember battling Murlocs on the coast for my dear life on my low level warrior. Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla Winterspring and all of Outlands 60-70 it was aaaaaamazing

I started in BC and my main leveling experiences climaxed at level 40 - mounts and each class got a really important skill, so it really felt like your class was settling in around that level. Now, you get this shit at level 10 (not the mount bit) and so it doesn't feel like you really have to earn your class strips.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Hellfire Peninsula in the first few days after TBC launch is what comes to mind
    But I really liked Tanaris and Stranglethorn Vale aswell. Although the ganking there sometimes sucked :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    snip

biggest regret of WotLK was the failed mounted combat..

snip
    Yes, I also had some of the most hated moments of all WoW. ToC and EoE I hated so much, but eventually I got used to it. Being the gunner in Udluar was actually quite fun, since I was one of the very few people being able to hit the pyrite and shoot it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertas View Post
    Tanaris and ZF, damn I miss those days. There was something special back then. Memories
    I remember, farming ZF.. once did like over 25 ZF runs to get some stupid item... gosh wow does not inspire such motivation these days.