Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Dad pays boys to beat his own son up

Little background, when I was little I was pretty hyperactive and agressive, I would get into fights constantly and they get more serious as you get older. I was still getting into fights at the age of 11 and my parents were desperate for a solution.

Pretty much my dad just told me about 2 hours ago that he gave a couple of guys who were a bit older and tougher about 5 bucks each to beat me up when I was bullying other kids. I remember those two and they were the only ones who really could kick my ass and wether it was right or not what my dad did it worked. I stopped getting into fights because I was scared that the person I was going to fight would kick my ass and that I would embarass myself.

What should I think of this? I was pretty pissed off when my dad told me this, I just can't imagine doing this to my own son but then again, is it just tough love? I wonder in how much trouble he could've gotten himself into if this came out.... Also, my mom doesn't know lol

sounds like your dad knows how to lay some smack down and teach a bully a lesson.

Deleted
    Your dad is a coward for not dealing with you himself, he also rewarded two other boys for being violent, sounds a real stand up guy.....

You were a bully, you deserved the same punishment you were giving others. Then you changed your ways, so you wouldnt be a worthless leech to society.

I see nothing wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Your dad is a coward for not dealing with you himself, he also rewarded two other boys for being violent, sounds a real stand up guy.....
    If his dad gave that same punishment himself, or something that did not relate to the bullying (like grounding him or something like that), the OP would not have learned the lesson. That is some fine parenting.
    Chronomancer Club

maybe you shouldnt have been such a douchebag to the other kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    your dad cant beat you up at school.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I like his style.

It's a father's duty to pridefully beat their children. Not pay someone else to do it.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did your parents even try to confront you...? Didn't school try to stop you? This kind of seems like your dad can't solve things without violence tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    I like his style.
    Agreed, that's a creative solution and I approve.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Did it make you realize what you were doing and stop you from getting into fights?

It's like Bad Father Fight Club.

Rule #1...do not tell Mom about Bad Father Fight Club.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Its a pretty hardcore way to show tough love. But it did get you to stop, and it probably benefited you more for your future.

Also your mom would probably beat your dad if she found out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    It's a father's duty to pridefully beat their children. Not pay someone else to do it.
    That's my thought when my kids fucks up I want him to be sure it's me beating his ass not someone else.

It would have been favorable to find a better way to teach you that there is always somebody stronger than you out there, and that you shouldn't be a bully because it doesn't feel very good to be bullied. I guess if it worked out that is good, but this method is pretty unpredictable and there is a chance that this could have resulted in having the complete opposite effect.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    That's my thought when my kids fucks up I want him to be sure it's me beating his ass not someone else.
    i dont know if youve ever been a kid. but if my dad did that i would just wanna beat up more kids to get back at him.

by getting someone else to do it you dont give him a place to hide, you also embarrass him in front of the school so that the people he bullied nolonger respect him because they arent afraid of him anymore.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

lol good one

10+ Year Old Account
    If it got you to stop then I'd say the end justified the means. You should be thankful you have parents that actually care if you get yourself into trouble or if you are being a terror to other kids. That said I'd like to think there are better solutions out there than the one your Dad thought up.
    Nominated Most Average Healer Ever
    My Shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omous/advanced
    My Monk: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tamus/advanced
    Pokemon Y FC: 1736-1594-7603 // Name: Human?
    Ghost Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk

Your dads also pretty fiscal. I mean 5 bucks. I'd have charged 20.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I don't see a problem with this as a last resort, if words don't work then sure knock some sense in to you. And I agree with the fact the father didn't do it himself as that could lead to other problems down the road. He wanted to teach you a lesson, not simply beat you.

I'm a huge fan of beating children. I encourgae all parents to beat their children, if nothing else it will make them feel better.

With that said, it just doesn't always work that way. I was fortunate enough to grow up while kid beating was still considered the normal parental response and I recieved a healthy share of ass whippings, but I'd have to say, embarrassment is a better deterrant than whippings.